Top Chef 'Restaurant Wars' Shocker! Tonight's Eliminee Talks Life After Bravo

Holy cheftestant disaster!

One of Top Chef All Stars‘ frontrunners bit the dust hard in tonight’s fan-fave episode, “Restaurant Wars,” and we’re still trying to pick our jaws up off the floor after yet another shocking sendoff on the Bravo hit…

Spoiler Alert! The “Restaurant Wars” axe went to the one and only Marcel Vigneron — pretty crazy, right?!

The controversial “badboy” of Top Chef was sent packing after his team’s pop-up restaurant, Etch, failed to deliever, um, edible cuisine. The decision to cut Marcel wasn’t easy for the judges since everyone involved with Etch messed up pretty monumentally, but unfortunately, he was the leader and took on way more than he could handle.

But more Marcel is on the way! In less than two months, Vigneron’s new series Marcel’s Quantum Kitchen premieres on Syfy and the chef (who is actually a really nice guy — we can vouch for him!) couldn’t be more thrilled.

“The show all about teamwork, creativity, imagination and crazy parties. There’s no competition whatsoever,” he tells us. “It’s a reality-docuseries about me and my friends starting our own catering company and working for some pretty high profile clients, predominantly in LA.

“I’ll hang out with [the client] for a couple of days, get super-inspired, they’ll put me through the old rigmarole and then I create with my team this elaborate menu that’s totally inspired by my experience with the client. We’ll have the ability to transform the entire venue, we’ll execute the dishes…and then the actual party happens, which gets pretty intense.”

Although we chatted with Marcel earlier this week (prior to knowing he’d be heading home in tonight’s episode), he had nothing but nice things to say about the Bravo series that made him a household name.

Laughs Vigneron, “I never even thought I would do Top Chef years ago. To me, it was all about cooking and the food, and to be honest with you, it still is. But it’s cool because I get to do this stuff, too. And I’m not going to trash talk [edits on the show]. I’m always curious to see the way everything comes up — they have a lot of footage, they make a good show and they focus on the drama”

What’d you think about tonight’s Top Chef elimination? Did Marcel deserve to go home? Let us know in the comments!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, News, Pilots, Reality TV, Scoop

1. Tim says:

Yawn. Good riddance.

2. Bobbi says:

How was that a shocking elimination? Marcel has never played well with others and he certainly isn’t a leader. What surprised me was that Angelo didn’t step up and lead. Marcel leaving? Totally expected.

3. WB Norris says:

Glad he’s gone. He might be a “nice guy,” but he isn’t a leader and he doesn’t play well with others. Glad Dale chose him as the captain of the other team. Knew right then he was gone.

4. Sidney says:

Call me crazy, but I liked the guy. If only for the fact that if he had an issue he just said it. He didn’t pretend to be all puppies and rainbows only to trash talk in the one on ones…

5. Bobbi says:

Did you read Tom Colicchio’s blog at Bravo.com yet? His opening line: “Well, the eagerly-awaited, both loved and feared Restaurant Wars were upon us this week, and I’d be surprised to hear of any surprise at their outcome.” As I said, not a surprising ending at all.

6. DCFoodie says:

I can’t figure out if this article is pure sarcasm, or if it was drafted by Marcel’s PR crew.

Marcel was, from the start, one of the weakest cheftestants, and one of the ones with the least amount of buzz — certainly not a frontrunner. He hasn’t been at all impressive this season, which is another reason why the tone of this piece is so puzzling.

Finally, if you have to spend your entire exit interview claiming to be a nice guy, chances are, you aren’t.

7. Lisa says:

I liked Marcel
    I’m glad he’s doing well and I look forward to watching his new show.
    If anyone is going to painted as the villain on TC it should be the Chef who on more than one occasion has been completely rude and nasty to the wait staff ( Dale).
    Marcel getting under the skin of another contestant in a competition…
    Duh it’s competition !

Being nasty to the hired help is inexcusable !

8. Paula says:

So glad he’s gone – couldn’t stand him

9. miles silverberg says:

Forgive me if I don’t realy on your ‘vouch’ that he’s a really nice guy in ‘real life’. The Marcel you dealt with was on the job promoting his new show. You would only know how he ‘really’ is if you were a buddy who has hung out with him.

And since he doesn’t make any claim that he was wrongly portrayed by the editors, I’ll continue believing that he’s a jackass who holds no entertainment value for me. He is an example of the kind of TV that shouldn’t be protected/defended by the cliche “Love him or hate him, people sure are talking about him!” He comes across as an annoying, self-absorbed little pischer, and he really hasn’t added to Top Chef’s lustre by appearing on the show. I doubt I’ll watch the new show, there are already plenty on the air just like it.

10. Valuable info. Lucky me I found your web site by accident, and I am shocked why this accident did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

11. Vita Plegge says:

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks