Hannah Montana just wrapped its five-year run, hitting some huge milestones along the way. The Disney juggernaut brought in 6.2 million total viewers, making it the series’ most watched season and marking its largest audience ever in the Sundays-at-7 time slot.
That’s pretty cool. (Thanks, Saturday Night Live!)
Now here’s some other TV news to know…
• The third season premiere of Parks and Recreation is sooo close (two days and counting!), and the cast might actually be more excited than we are. Everyone except Rob Lowe, that is. See what we mean in this high-larious (but NSFW) Funny or Die spoof.
• Syfy’s hit series Sanctuary was picked up for a 13-episode fourth season Tuesday morning.
• Real Housewives of New York husband Simon van Kempen is shooting his own webseries for BravoTV.com, says Popeater. The series will focus on the house hubby “shopping, cooking, accidentally injuring myself and attempting to overcome one of life’s toughest afflictions.” Um, cool?
• 1970s TV stud Lee Majors will appear on an upcoming episode of CBS’ $#*! My Dad Says, per The Hollywood Reporter, as an “an arrogant millionaire who competes against Ed for Rosemary.”
• Dancing With the Stars pro Derek Hough is stopping by an upcoming episode of ABC’s Better With You as, what else, dance instructor, reports TV Guide Magazine.
• Discovery Health channel has found a new home after being replaced by Oprah Winfrey’s OWN on New Year’s Day, says Multichannel News. The fitness net is joining forces with Discovery’s FitTV, launching February 1.
Let us know which TVLine Items are you’re most interested in.