The Cape Exclusive: Michael Irby, Lil' Romeo Cast as Villains

Get More: Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

It looks like The Cape’s title superhero will have even more Big Bads to contend with this season.

The Unit’s Michael Irby is joining the freshman NBC drama in the recurring role of Pokerface, a new villain who will be introduced in Episode 9. A high-level associate of Scales (Vinnie Jones), Pokerface is described as “a ghoulish-looking thug dressed in a suit whose face is frozen in an expression of glum murderousness.”

Additionally, actor-rapper Romeo Miller (f.k.a. Lil’ Romeo) has signed on to play Lil’ Z, a baby gansta and a mean, smack-talking chatterbox. He works with Pokerface and ends up confronting him and Scales.

The Cape, which centers on an ex-cop framed for a wave of crimes committed by the evil Chess (True Blood‘s James Frain), got off to a slow start in the ratings last week.

Did you watch last night’s second episode? Thoughts on the addition of Irby and Miller? Hit the comments!

Comments (6)

• I never seen this show before , This Should Be Interesting and he is a Good Actor And I’m Curious Bout This Show .

Comment by LondonJKarter – January 18, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m enjoying the show and this sounds like an interesting storyline.

Comment by Melody – January 18, 2011 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Suprised by this too.Put the Cape back on!

Comment by frank – March 31, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Cape is certainly more fun than most anything else on television. We certainly don’t need another law or cop drama. Those shows are a dime a dozen, while their is nothing else like The Cape on television.

Comment by julie – January 20, 2011 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thoroughly enjoyed this episode whereas I came away happy, but slightly disappointed by the pilot. I think things just moved more slowly than I expected in the pilot, although I was still plenty entertained, but this episode was thoroughly enjoyable for the fun, pulp entertainment it is. It’s a keeper for me.

Comment by Austin – January 20, 2011 03:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suprised The Cape season cut short.Can’t understand if this means cancelled or just cut short.What’s the real buzz?

Comment by frank – March 31, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post