Ratings: All CBS Comedies and Chuck Hit Highs, Harry's Law Opens Well

Get More: News, Ratings

All four of CBS’s Monday comedies delivered season highs in total viewers this week, while NBC’s Chuck enjoyed a season’s best demo performance.

Leading off the night for CBS was How I Met Your Mother‘s funeral episode, which nearly matched House in viewers (with 10.51 million) and handily topped its time slot in demos (with a 3.9 rating). Rules Of Engagement in turn did 9.9 million and a 3.2.

Proving (…yet again…) that there is no such thing as bad publicity, Two and a Half Men served up Monday’s biggest audience, amassing 15.6 million viewers and a 4.6 rating. Mike & Molly led out of that with 13 million viewers and a 3.8.

Chuck‘s 2.0 in the coveted 18-49 demo was not just a season high, but the action-comedy’s best rating since March 2010.

Elsewhere on Monday:

The Bachelor saw a 4 percent uptick in total viewers (8.75 million), but was flat in the demos.

• Back from a forever hiatus, House was up 6 percent in the demos (with a 3.5). Similarly, Lie To Me‘s rating (1.8) marked a 20 percent gain from last week.

• Versus its two-hour premiere, NBC’s The Cape plunged 27 percent in viewers (to 6.2 mil) and 35 percent in the demos.

• In the 10 o’clock hour, the premiere of NBC’s Harry’s Law courted nearly 11 million total viewers, edging out Hawaii Five-0. The CBS crime drama, however, topped the demos (2.8 vs. 2.1).

What were you watching this Monday night?

Comments (36)

• Any word on SyFy’s reboot of Being Human?

Comment by tracie – January 18, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cable ratings typically come in much later.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 18, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry’s Law!!!

Comment by Thom – January 18, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched Harry’s law. It was really good. Kathy Bates was great.

Comment by Michael – January 18, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched Harry’s Law and quite liked it. I like the premise, love Kathy Bates, and the dynamic (so far) between the main characters is kind of endearing. I hope it does well.

Comment by MaryB – January 18, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Chuck! It’s crazy, but maybe we’ll even get a 5th season now!

Comment by Ben Phelps – January 18, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CHUCK ME!

Comment by Leon Redbone – January 18, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy for Chuck! Last night’s ep delivered big time. Hopefully NBC clears it for a 6th season.

Comment by Aiden – January 18, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My friends were over so I DVR-d “Chuck”, “Lie to Me”, and “Hawaii 5-0″. I will watch at least one of them tonight but there is a new “NCIS” tonight and I just bought “Justified: Season 1″ Blu-ray so I’m going to get backlogged on the DVR pretty quickly.

Comment by Ryan – January 18, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry’s Law is really polarizing, apparently. I guess it depends on how much you liked Boston Legal.

Comment by Sam – January 18, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry’s Law is waiting on my DVR for me. The combination of Kathy Bates and David Kelly has me very enthusiastic.
    I’m surprised and impressed, though, that it beat Hawaii 5-0.

Comment by John Berggren – January 18, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How I Met Your Mother. Really well done episode, but kind of predictable (I won’t ruin it in case anyone’s seen it) I know we had fair warning, but I still thought it was too strange having a really emotional episode.

Comment by Blink – January 18, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know it was a repeat, but I was watching Castle. Have to have my Nathan Fillion fix for the week. Next week is all-new, and supposedly Castle and Beckett get a little closer than just-partners… we’ll see!

Comment by T – January 18, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie Sheen looked so thin last night, unhealthy, and the show itself was pretty dull. People need to stop watching so it will get canned and something good can actually replace it.

On the upside! Yay for Chuck and HIMYM and fingers crossed the Cape gets more viewers.

Comment by B – January 18, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK!! one of the best episodes this season!LOVED it!

Comment by michelle – January 18, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant believe peeps still watch 2 and half men

Comment by ryan – January 18, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched Lie to me and Harry’s law. Enjoyed both very much

Comment by Colleen S – January 18, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY for Chuck!!! Hopefully this helps get us season 5 and maybe more….Can’t wait to see what happens next!!

Comment by NicoleM – January 18, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched House. It was an amazing episode after a long hiatus.

Comment by Hanna L. – January 18, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Geez, haven’t we all had enough of David Kelly’s contrived cutesy-pie crapola? Wouldn’t watch Harry’s Law if you paid me. Well, it’d have to be a WHOLE lot!

Comment by DarkHawke – January 18, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thank you for being one of the few tv people who actually likes chuck and actively gets news on it! yesterdays episode was amazing!

Comment by agentcarmichael – January 18, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thought the practice was ok never liked boston legal but LOVED ally mcbeal
    got Harry’s law on my dvr Hope its more ally mcbeal-ish then boston legal

Comment by t.t – January 18, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House! And then I watched The Cape because there was nothing else on. I wouldn’t be crying though if it got canceled. It hasn’t exactly captured my attention.

Comment by Cecilia – January 18, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House-The Cape-Rerun of Castle

Comment by Tia – January 18, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry’s Law was great.
    Finally a well written show this season.
    Be there next Monday.

Comment by Pamela – January 18, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched Pretty Little Liars, The Cape, and Being Human. Taped Skins and Greek. Go THE CAPE!!!

Comment by AlistairCrane – January 18, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dvr’d mike & molly as well as Harry’s law. Loved both of them. Was really impressed with Harry’s law. I think the writing was well done and absolutely love Kathy Bates’s character.

Mike and molly makes me laugh out loud consistently every week. I adore that show and hope it sticks around.

Comment by ptldgrl – January 18, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK, of course. Can’t get enough of him.

Comment by Dee – January 18, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch Chuck and Hawaii 5-0 live and dvr’d HIMYM and Castle.

Comment by Kaiulani – January 18, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry’s Law is awesome. My wife and I both loved it and hope it is on for a very long time. We both loved Kathy Bates and she is an awesome actress.

Comment by Brad – January 18, 2011 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My night was all about How I Met Your Mother

Comment by Valerie – January 18, 2011 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM :) and bits of House while CBS ran commercials… Then I caught the second half of House and rewatched from the beginning afterward.
    I need to plan Monday nights better.:/

Comment by Lex – January 18, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Chuck!! I’m also enjoying The Cape quite a bit. I didn’t check out Harry’s Law, but I still might. I like Kathy Bates, she’s an amazing actress and the promos make it look fun. I always worry when it comes to NBC, but I figure I shouldn’t judge the show by the network.

Comment by Melody – January 19, 2011 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The episode of The Cape, was good, the final wow, but Harry’s Law made my day, was absolutely awesome, Kathy Bates is fantastic, the other lawyer good, and Damien, i love him, even trying to save the thief’s life, is great, im on it!!! Cant wait for next monday.

Comment by Lore – January 19, 2011 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched Harry’s Law. Loved it. Taped Hawaii 5-0. Another fav.

Comment by Susan-Tampa – January 19, 2011 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good thing we have a DVR ~ with all the shows coming back on all the channels, there are some nights there are 4 programs on. Too bad there are still some nights with nothing on!

Comment by Vicki – January 19, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post