Breaking: Parenthood Staying Put on Tuesday Night, Law & Order: LA's Return Delayed

Law & Order: Los Angeleshigh-profile growing pains are wreaking a little havoc on NBC’s midseason schedule.

Plans for LOLA to replace Parenthood at 10 pm on Tuesdays have been scrapped amid news that Dick Wolf’s latest franchise extension is going on an indefinite hiatus. (Despite the recent cast changes, the show remains in production.) As a result, Parenthood — which was scheduled to relocate to Mondays at 10 pm in March — is staying put.

In other Peacock scheduling shifts, new reality series America’s Next Great Restaurant will debut on Sunday, March 6 instead of Wednesday, March 16. And the second season of the torturous Marriage Ref — which was originally slated to air on Sundays — has been put on hold. And there’s your silver lining folks!

1. Jen says:

You need to fix your headline. Tuesday, not Thursday.

2. ace says:

you mean parenthood staying put on TUESDAY nights not Thursday

3. Brenda says:

I’m happy to hear that it’s staying on Tuesday because I have too many shows on Monday, currently. Your headline reads Thursday though.

4. Bri says:

I’m confused. Is PARENTHOOD staying on Tuesdays, or moving to Thursdays?

5. Dan says:

Think you mean Tuesday night, there. For a second I was about to be pissed they’re screwing with their 3 hour comedy block on Thursdays after promising Parks and Rec to us for months, haha.

6. cassie says:

Hey Mike – I think you need to check the headline. Shouldn’t it say staying put on Tuesday? (says Thursday).

Glad Parenthood is staying where it is.

7. Cee says:

So happy for Parenthood staying on Tuesdays, I tried to stay positive but it felt like the kiss of death :(

Mike… can we see a little more love for the cast here? We get SO little from them but they’re all so funny and awesome! Surely your girl LG will make time for ya! ;)

8. Michael Ausiello says:

Headline fixed!!!!!!!!!

9. Randy says:

Ummm… don’t you mean TUESDAY?

10. Linda says:

wait, what? so parenthood isn’t going on hiatus?

11. Lala says:

I´m so happy for Parenthood staying on Tuesday. The Monday slot after the Event would have kill it. Bravermans all the way. And I agree, I wish we got more Parenthood love on this site. Did LG do something to you that you are not her No. 1 fan anymore?

12. cdeniston says:

Love parenthood. So glad

13. JB says:

I think this is actually bad for Parenthood. Parenthood was supposed to move to the Monday at 9 PM CT slot that Harry’s Law is now in. There is less competition during that time frame. Parenthood and the Good Wife are the same kind of hour long dramas and appeal to the same audience. The Good Wife has been beating Parenthood in the ratings.

I LOVE both Parenthood and The Good Wife. I was hoping moving Parenthood to Mondays would benefit its ratings.

14. Esaul says:

This is a terrible decision by NBC, and of course by Wolf Films. They should’ve releaed Ulrich, Boone, and Halls long before now when they first went on break. This limited the amount of time to find new replacements and what not. Additionally, postponing a show will do more harm than good, they’re asking to be cancelled. I bet NBC wished they kept the Mothership now.

15. VBarkley says:

They should have kept Ulrich and gotten rid of the irritating Molina and Stoll. Why not move Richard Belzer over from SVU? He was fantastic on Homicide: Life on the Street; all he does on SVU is collect a paycheck. What a waste of his talent. In fact, move Ice-T with him – he’s talented as well, and all the focus on SVU is on Hargitay and Meloni.

All the personalities on LOLA are just dull, dull, dull. NBC should have kept Life and Southland if they wanted cop dramas.

16. Joe Jackson says:

Terrence Howard is the weakest link

GOODBYE

17. Carrie says:

Yay for Parenthood! I love the Bravermans on Tuesdays! And Mike, Lauren Graham told me she wants you to chat about her again. A lot. ; )

18. Meredith says:

NO! This is a terrible plan. It’s not good for Parenthood to be on at the same time as the good wife. That’s its main competition.

• Courtnay says:

And being on against Hawaii 5-0 would help the ratings how? Monday at 10 is a pretty tough spot. I know I personally passed on Harry’s Law just based on the fact that I’m already juggling Castle and Hawaii 5-0 in that slot (most of the time catching H5-0 on VOD later in the week). I’d rather not have to figure out how I’m picking between Castle and Parenthood.

19. Summer Bay says:

My gaydar goes off big time with the son of Lauren Graham’s character.

20. Jared says:

What a bummer about LOLA. I was really starting to like this new version.

21. PGP says:

Monday wouldn’t be a good spot either though with Hawaii five O performing so well. Plus Castle on ABC. Parenthood would have been killed there. Why more people don’t watch the HOOD is beyond me. The Bravermans rock. This is my favorite show on TV now.

22. Lois Davis says:

I would have followed Parenthood where ever they moved it to but it is good where it is.

23. Joann says:

I am SOOOO glad to hear that the Bravermans are staying put on Tuesday nights. I watch Parenthood live and then watch the Good Wife on Wednesdays — when there is nothing that I care to watch on — well except for Modern Family — but that’s only 30 minutes of my evening.