Exclusive

Exclusive: Hawaii Five-0 Adds Cast Member

Former Secret World of Alex Mack star Larisa Oleynik is joining the cast of the freshman drama Hawaii Five-0, TVLine has learned exclusively.

On CBS’s reboot of the classic cop show, Oleynik will play Jessica Kaye, an ex-CIA analyst and Harvard graduate with a degree in Political Science and a Masters in Global Security and Intelligence Studies who is fresh off the plane from Langley, Virginia.

Her purpose in Hawaii? To assist Five-0 in the pursuit of Steve McGarrett’s arch nemesis, Wo Fat (Iron Chef America‘s Mark Dacascos). Jessica has a personal stake in the manhunt since Wo Fat was responsible for the murder of her fiancé, a well respected CIA field agent.

Oleynik’s role is recurring for the remainder of this season, with an option to become a series regular come Season 2. Oleynik, who rose to fame in the mid 1990s as the star of Nickelodeon’s The Secret World of Alex Mack, also recurred on NBC’s 3rd Rock from the Sun. She most recently guest-starred on AMC’s Mad Men as Ken Cosgrove’s fiancée.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Spoilers

1. baj24 says:

ALEX MACK FTW!!!

• shilo0854 says:

She sounds like her character is going to be a great fit with the
      5-0 unit. I really hope she is a new romantic future for Steve. I want Kono and Danny together.

2. Alex says:

I don’t watch 5-0, but good for Larissa!! I’ve been a fan of hers from WAY back

3. Ashley says:

Recurring, I’m okay with so long as they don’t attempt to stick her with Steve. But regular? No. Not after tossing aside Taryn Manning. Bring HER back as a regular. I loved seeing the sibling dynamic, however briefly, between Steve and Mary.

4. JoRo says:

I have been waiting forever for Alex Mack to come back to tv! She was great back in the day and I cannot wait to see her all grown up.

5. scott says:

Love it. She is so adorable. I have had a crush on her since I was a kid watching The Secret World of Alex Mack

6. Sarah says:

Um no thank you. As long as she doesnt mess with Catherine and Steve…fine. But not a regular please.

• Megan says:

I so agree! Catherine is coming back next week… Please don’t write her out and have this chick come in to mess things up! Can’t handle it.

7. Woody says:

Oh I hate to see them muddle a good team with a fifth wheel. And I also enjoyed Taryn Manning and the sister act. It was a needed balance to Danno’s daughter. And does Steve even know he HAS an arch nemesis yet? Surely they aren’t going to catch him in season 1? Bring in the government drones later on. Let Steve have at it a bit first.

8. John says:

Ah damn, looks like I’m gonna have to start watching again…

Seriously, childhood crush. And that short hair look is SO cute.

9. Laura says:

Oy. No. No. No. No. Please don’t mess up the team like this. Steve is with Catherine… Danno still has ties to the ex-wife. Don’t mess with ANY of that!

10. Linda says:

No, thank you. I’d rather it be a foursome team. Why fix something that isn’t broke? If she’s being brought in for Steve, I’d rather Catherine fill that role please.

11. Amanda says:

Um… why couldnt you just have had Catherine come and be the recurring character? This chick is not a good choice. If she messes with Steve and Catherine, I’m gonna stop watching.

12. swthompson says:

Interesting in that the original series had a CIA contact known as Jonathan Kaye– so it’s good to see someone has done some research.

13. heather says:

Riiiiight…. No. Out of all the actresses they pick her? Ew. How about you bring in Catherine? Whats up with only having her on 2 episodes so far? She was great and great for Steve. Showed his more human side. Bring her back and forget about this girl.

14. Lisa W. says:

Get rid of Mark Dacascos he can’t act. He’s going to ruin the show. In the jail scene he looked completely scared like he got stage fright. Replace this mediocre actor with a capable one & return Dacascos to the stadium where he can do what he does best: ham it up! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!

15. Tamara says:

No thank you! this team is great how it is so don’t mess with it!!!

Recurring for only a few episodes is fine, As long as she doesnt mess with Catherine and Steve they are perfect for each other, and bring Mary back both Catherine and Mary. shows us the soft side of Steve.

This show is so damn!! good keep it this way!!

16. JC says:

When is TC going to fly them around in his helicopter?

17. SusieQ says:

First off, interesting choice. Let’s see how she fits in the mix first, they certainly need someone in the office to release Chin so he can get in on the action. Poor guy has that huge gun and everything, he’s wasted stuck in the office. As far as a relationship with Steve, not going to happen. I would be seriously disappointed in the writers if they went that way. A relationship between members of the team just will not work. Sexual tension, fair enough, that’s interesting to watch, but acting on it. No! No! No!. I agree with those who call for Taryn’s return. What a waste of a brilliant opportunity she was. Bring back MaryAnn. All in all, I trust the writers, they’ve given us one wild ride so far.

18. Amanda says:

That’s awesome!!! I loved Larisa on “Alex Mack”, playing Joseph Gordon Levitt’s girlfriend twice in both “10 Things I Hate About You” and “3rd Rock”, and when she was on “Mad Men” last year!!! I can’t wait to see her on “Five-0″ and it’s great that she’s back on TV!!!

19. Joanne says:

This attachment to Catherine is confusing me. She’s only been in two episodes. I didn’t find her to have that much of an impact. The show could definitely use a “will they or won’t they” dynamic. All good procedurals have one.

20. Autumn says:

This could be interesting. I like Larisa Oleynick. And I don’t understand the Catherine attachment either. I found her character rather boring. Steve needs a romantic interest though with a SLOW build up. Very slow. He’s good at the romance stuff as evidenced by Moonlight. I’m not saying this character should be it, but certainly not Catherine. I WOULD be interested in more of Scott Caan and Grace Park. Loved the ending of Monday’s episode.

21. Rachel says:

Guys don’t worry about her messing up things with Catherine and Steve. My friend works on production on the show. They plan to bring in Catherine more. They’re just working on her schedule. This new girl won’t be having any romantic ties to Steve.

22. jimmy says:

SHUT. UP. I was mildly obsessed with her growing up. Scrapbook, etc. Best news I’ve heard all week.

23. Emily says:

I think it’s great. I mean, with the way the show is structured, you pretty much know the core cast is safe. Bringing in Alex Mack means there’s an expendable member of the team that can get bumped off at anytime.

24. AT says:

I’m surprised so many people are so loyal to the Steve/Catherine relationship. They’ve barely done anything with it, and what they have done was actually kind of boring. Not that I have an opinion about Steve with Larisa’s character. I guess I will wait and see what they do. Personally, I think his love interest should be with someone with a little more build up. That said, I think Larisa joining will be an interesting addition, love interest or not.

25. Kristen says:

Catherine will be back this Sunday and they plan to have her on even more episodes after that, so theyll be exploring the relationship more. As for this new character…whatever. We’ll see how she does.

26. Don says:

I am happy for her, but if they ever mess up and let Grace Park slip away from the show I will refuse to watch it all.

27. George says:

This is not a romance show so I don’t get why people worry about what she will do one way or the other. Personally I think it’s a mistake to bring in a new person at all at this point. It speaks of desperation, throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. I also think the last thing you want this show to turn into is a soap opera. First and foremost it’s a procedural, a cop show. You start adding too much personalization and you will lose the viewers you do have. Also why does Steve need help with Wo Fat. This takes away from the personal side of it for him and makes it look like Wo Fat is an enemy to everyone. Don’t get that. I don’t think this is going to be someone who stays behind and does the grunge work. She’ll be out in the field too. Just a really bad mistake

28. China Patts says:

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

29. Nice site, very informative…thanks for sharing!!!

30. Angllbubbles says:

Ok she isn’t going to be a love interest she isn’t tough enough for steve but I think she was needed to fill in some gaping holes in the story although it is funny she just happens to know everything and as for the finally awesome but I get why chin did what he did someone needed to be on the inside with some credibility in the end he is loyal and wouldn’t sell out 5-0 he did that for the 5-0

31. Angllbubbles says:

I meant to say finale my phone does that auto correct thing.