Exclusive First Look: Fringe's New Billboard!

In a major blow to the argument that Fox is banishing Fringe to Fridays to die, a new piece of evidence has emerged that strongly suggests the network very much wants the show to succeed in its new, challenging time slot: A fancy outdoor advertising campaign touting the show’s new Friday perch!

Fringe on Fridays Will Be a “Fringe Unhinged,” Says J.J. Abrams

Last week at the Television Critics Assoc. Press Tour, Fox president Kevin Reilly urged reporters not to declare Fringe dead and buried. “I beg you not to write the eulogy prematurely,” he pleaded. “It’s a show we’re very passionate about. I want the audience to transfer to Friday. I would be heartbroken if it went away. But if the fans stick with us the show could be on the air for many years.”

Will you be following the Fringe team when they relocate “over there” later this week? And reaction to the cool new billboard? Sound off below!

1. Martha says:

How is this exclusive. It’s been on various sites for days

• Heather Hanly says:

You bet I will be following Fringe!! It is a great show with an incredible story-line and the Network better not pull it and leave us hanging without a great show. Fox would be making a big mistake and make me a very unhappy viewer!!

2. Kayleigh says:

Heck yes, I will! I love Fringe! It’s my favorite show on television and would be absolutely GUTTED if it were to be cancelled!

3. Kim says:

I will follow Fringe where ever it goes! This is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen!

4. Rob says:

Absolutely! I always DVR it, so I won’t have to change a thing

• cody g says:

watch it live!!! the dvr numbers don’t help it that much!!!

• Bonnie says:

If I could fast forward live TV then I would watch it Live.
        I PVR everything… I’ll start watching 10-15 minutes after so that I can FF through commercials.
        Networks need to add PVR data into the mix… it is the way people are watching now… We just live our lives way to busy!

• Allison says:

Unless you’re a Nielsen family then watching live won’t help anyway. Having no basis for whether or not this is true, I kind of figure watching it online might actually be the *best* way for your “vote” to count here. Everything online has metrics that are tracked and associated with content anyway, so even if you’re not a Nielsen family then your viewing of the show will be recorded.

• Zturk says:

It is the Best way especially if you do so within the first day or at least the first seven days.It is not as important as nielsen family live viewing but it helps show that people have a loyalty to the show.When Nielsen starts counting online views that show the same number of commercials(this will happen soon) as live tv then watching it on HULU or the channels site within the first three days will be the best as it will count more to adverstisers.

5. Holly C says:

My dvr is already programmed! Fringe is my favorite show this season. Unpatiently awaiting Friday’s new episode!

6. Pamela says:

Yes, absolutely. I watch it live, DVR it and buy it on Amazon VOD.

7. Didi says:

I will follow it wherever it goes! My favorite show! Fringe Friday FTW!

8. Nicole says:

I can’t watch it live unfortunately ’cause I’m from Greece but people in USA and Canada do it for me pls!It’s an amazing shoooow!

9. John Berggren says:

I’m just excited FRINGE is returning. The day it’s on doesn’t matter to me. I just hope that it stays on Fridays for many years to come.

10. Sarah says:

FRINGE FRIDAY FOREVER! Of course I will! How could I not! I always watch live as I bite my nails off and wonder how my heart isn’t beating out of my chest with tension and how my brain hasn’t exploded from the awesomeness of it all. It’s my favorite show on tv right now!

This is just more positive news that really makes me believe FOX will not let this die. If we get the ratings, we CAN get another season, or seasons. Just five season in the VERY least so we can get syndication, ok? Come on, you guys, we can do that!

11. Thom says:

I would watch this any time any day it’s on. It’s the best show on TV :)

12. JJnotAbrams says:

Been following Fringe from season 1’s Monday slot, then changed to Tuesdays, to season 2’s Thursday slot and now Fridays? Why not. There’s nothing good on TV on a Friday anyway. Fringe will reanimate Fridays from now on.

13. Julia says:

You bet I’ll follow it to Fridays! It’ll be a nostalgic nod to XFiles, which is my all-time fave show (though Fringe is coming up a close second.) BRING. IT. ON.

14. Bernie says:

I love Fringe! It’s an original show with creativity rarely seen on TV nowadays, especially in John Noble’s character. Every time Walter Bishop enthusiastically posits some new explanation or has an emotional moment on the show, I’m hooked even further. He is so brilliant yet so under appreciated. I hope the new time slot and promotions do more for the show and for his career.

15. John says:

I’ll finally be able to watch live or DVR! Thursdays were just too packed, between the NBC comedies and Grey’s using up my apartment’s DVR. This’ll be a nice treat after a long workweek, and a nice place to leave my geekiness before going out on a Friday night.

16. tjj50 says:

Absolutely! So glad it’s almost back! Can’t wait for the 2nd half!

17. Cheryl says:

I love both Fringe and Supernatural,them being 2 of the only 3 shows I can’t miss and of course these 2 have to air at the same time, will DVD one and watch the other,maybe alternate.
    But no doubt me,two of my daughter’s and one son-in-law will be watching Fringe,we love this show and the charactrs in it and that the heart of Fringe is the characters and that made clear by all those involved in this show.

18. Ben Phelps says:

It’s nice to see Fox putting its money where its mouth is and actually promoting Fringe on Fridays

19. cortexifan says:

Absofringely will I watch Fringe and I like the banner. I’ve been rewatching from the Pilot on and have converted my co-workers. Can’t wait for Fringe Weekends.

20. Allison says:

I’ll follow it whenever, wherever Fox decided to put it. Fringe rules.

21. MR505 says:

I think, even if people DVR it for the rest of the season, they should watch it LIVE this Friday (and DVR and HULU it too) just to cover all bases – let’s show FOX that we appreciate the effort they’re making in promoting and supporting our show.

22. lisa says:

i will follow FRINGE anywhere!!!! it is one of the best on tv!!!

23. Cass says:

Love the billboard, and as I keep saying, I’d travel to the alternate universe to watch FRINGE, so watching it on Fridays is not a problem. (Although I will miss my convenient BONES-FRINGE back-to-back Thursday night lineup…)

24. tara says:

I will be there!

25. Holly says:

I love Fringe and will watch no matter what night it is on!!!! My favorite show!!!!!

26. C1brat says:

Love Fringe, love the writing and acting, Fridays have always been my scifi treat, so I welcome the change.

27. Vero says:

Oh yes! I will continue to follow it… whenever day it is. It’s a great show!

28. Robin says:

We’re ready for the new season no matter what day

29. Erin says:

30. Chou says:

I dislike the fact that Fringe has moved to a new day mainly because I’m a working student and work friday evenings and weekends. Of course, If I miss a show hopefully FOX can keep their fans updated with information and keep full episodes on the site.

31. Jen says:

Wasn’t The X-files a Friday night show on Fox? Look how long that one ran! I’m sure Fringe will continue for a long time to come :)

32. Don Lennon says:

Fringe is absolutely brilliant and I will follow it no matter what day of the week it is on! P.S. The dvr is the greatest invention in my lifetime. The GPS is number two. Push-up bra number three!

33. lifinhead says:

I WILL FOLLOW YOU, FOLLOW YOU WHEREVER YOU MAY ROAM….lyrics from an ealry 1960’s song – but a propos my feelings about FRINGE!
    FOX, do not SCREW with Fringe or else…..

34. Lori says:

Fringe is my favorite show on TV! Already have it ready to record on my DVR! I was worried Fox was putting Fringe on Fridays to die but this gets my hopes up! Thanks Fox!

35. Johnny says:

I can’t wait for Friday. Wouldn’t miss it for the world. Love Fringe !!!

36. Shaun says:

I love fringe and will follow it no matter where it goes.

37. Sherly Stacy says:

This is my favorite show. I can not wait any longer this is the only show I watch now there is nothing on TV.

38. Lisa L says:

YESSSSSS!! Love Fringe, it’s is my favorite show. I can’t wait until Friday!

39. Véronique says:

I’am a french girl and I love all about fringe. It is the best show on TV ! I would like that this show never finished !!!

40. Celeste says:

I love Fringe it’s a great show, I will set my DVR just in case!!

41. eric says:

I am a “fringie” and will watch the show no matter where in this universe it goes. Now, if they move it to the other side….I’m gonna have a problem with it.

42. Fidel says:

I love Fringe and will watch it whatever day it comes on, its always “Fringe day” in my calendar!

43. joni and paul says:

we’ll be there! And we’ll bring others!

44. Myke says:

Well I’m not entirely pleased with the move because it means I jaw to wait till the end of my week to watch it, bit I guess it will teach me some patience, and one thing about tue move is that fox already knows that fringes core audience dvr’s it ad watches it on Friday already so the main fans probably wot be affected, justice surethat when you dvr it you watch it within a week so that it counts for the ratings

45. Terri M says:

I’m upset that I have to wait a whole extra day to get my Fringe fix. I love this show and hope that it thrives in it’s new timeslot. I want it to be around for many years to come!

46. Carl says:

It matters not when where Fringe is. It has always been one of my very favorite shows. Excellent writing and acting. Thank goodness for DVR on the Fridays we do go out. We’ll raise a glass to Fringe. Keep up the good work !

47. Jon Haas says:

Absolutely I will continue to watch Fringe on whatever night it comes on. This is one of the best written shows in a long time with a fascinating premise of alternative universes. The character development has been strong and the story is not over yet!

48. eric says: