Lost's Michael Emerson to Guest on Parenthood

Get More: Casting News, News

Michael Emerson has landed his first post-Lost acting gig — a guest shot on NBC’s Parenthood.

Emerson will play Andy, a bug expert with Asperger’s Syndrome who crosses paths with Max (Max Burkholder), who also has Asperger’s. The episode will air in the spring.

Emerson is already in business with NBC. Along with fellow Lost alum Terry O’Quinn, he is attached to star in a special ops drama project in development at the Peacock network executive produced by J.J. Abrams.

Comments (14)

• Great another HAS BEEN back on the show. I’m sick of this. Get on with the program, stop bringing on these has beens.

Comment by Hank – January 14, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Michael Emerson is a has been? What…? lol

Comment by Emma – January 14, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Michael Emerson is fantastic in everything he does. I’ve been a fan since The Practice. He’s pretty far away from “has been” status.

Comment by Karen – January 14, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Congratulations on your first troll, Ausiello! Your website is officially a hit!

Comment by John – January 14, 2011 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL

Comment by AJ – January 15, 2011 03:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be nice if you didnt describe max as “suffering” from asperger’s…

Def. Excited to see michael emerson on parenthood though!

Comment by C – January 14, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. Should be that he’s “living with aspergers” not suffering.

Otherwise, I’m super excited. I love Parenthood and Michael Emerson is a brilliant actor, he turned Ben into my favourite character on LOST

Comment by PV – January 15, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited!

Comment by Linda – January 15, 2011 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love him! parenthood is shaping up for a good second half with jason ritter and now michael emerson :)

Comment by Kiki – January 15, 2011 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Emerson and this show but what the hell is a “bug shop” exactly? Is that something that actually exists in the real world or only in the world of “Parenthood” where a bug shop is necessary.

Comment by Mike – January 15, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m going out on a limb here, but I suspect it might be a shop that sells bugs.

Comment by Matt – January 15, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The worlds of Lost and Gilmore Girls coming together under the Parenthood roof?! Ron Howard, stop reading my diary. This has the potential to be simply epic.

Comment by Camille – January 15, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seems like a good fit for Emerson. Looking forward to him in “Odd Jobs” with Terry O’Quinn

Comment by Ben Phelps – January 15, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait! Love Michael Emerson ever since I saw him as Oscar Wilde in the play “Gross Indecencies.”. A friend of mine was also in the play, so I got to meet Michael and he is as nice as he is talented. One of the good guys who finally made it.

Comment by lasliemd – January 15, 2011 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post