Grey's Anatomy Bombshell: Whose Side Are You On?

Five words added up to quite the emotional bombshell on Thursday night’s Grey’s Anatomy, raising the question: Can Callie and Arizona ever find their way back to each other?

Callie’s blunt declaration – “I’m pregnant with Mark’s baby” — came on the heels of much fan speculation and unconfirmed spoilers to precisely that effect. Could it be a final blow from which “Calzona,” already tested by Arizona’s solo jaunt to Africa, can’t recover?

Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes offered this ray of hope to the couple’s fans when TVLine spoke presented her this week with the pregnancy talk: “I’ve always said that Callie and Arizona are MFEO — Made for Each Other — and that still holds true. They are going to go through hell before they get to any sort of [semblance] of a happy ending.”

Calzona fans, can you endure a spell of hell in the name of ultimately seeing the gals get back together? And for those of you who suspected the baby buzz was bona fide, did it play out on screen at all like you expected?

And Mark/Lexie fans, I guess we can qualify this as the “wrench in the works” that Shonda teased.

Comments (95)

• I’m on the side of good writing. And this was the most obvious and ridiculous storyline for Shonda to choose. Can she write any drama that doesn’t involve an unplanned pregnancy?

On a side note Mark really needs to invest in some contraceptives because this is at least the what, third pregnancy he’s been a part of that we know.

Comment by Christina – January 14, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “I’m on the side of good writing. And this was the most obvious and ridiculous storyline for Shonda to choose”. [2]

Soooo obvious and cliché. But truth be told, I’d never expect anything more from Rhymes. Her shows are all about cheap melodrama and clichés. It’s so bad, it’s good.(Off The Map pilot had me LOL and pointing at the TV the whole time)!

Comment by Rafaela – January 14, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU Christina!!! This was not only the worst kept secret, but the most unsubtle and pathetic plot twist. The moment they slept together, you knew Shonda was going down this road.

Comment by Irishgirl – January 14, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m happy about it. Callie really wanted a baby, and so did Mark. He and Lexie will still get back together, ditto Callie and Arizona.

Comment by Pam – January 14, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calzona or not Calzona, there is a more important question here…what about Sloane and Little Grey??!?! I’ve been waiting (rather impatiently) for them to find their way back to one another…and now THIS? Guess I’ll just have to keep waiting and see…

Comment by Tabitha – January 14, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SO annoyed by this. I fast forward all the Callie/Arizona scenes, so I don’t really care what happens to them, but I’ve been waiting FOREVER for Mark and Lexie to find their way back to each other. I am so bummed by this :(

Comment by Kelly – January 14, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hated it i am a huge Mark/Lexie fan and just after we get a “i love you” now we have this …. Seriously couldn’t they use protections !!!? And how can those 2 couples survive this ?! Mark had too many pregnancies SL already

Comment by lothiriel – January 14, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can cope as long as we still get Callie/Arizona scenes!

Comment by Aimee – January 14, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was obvious the day they slept together…
    As for me liking it? Ah well…I’d rather see the couples together than to see more crap for them

Comment by Julie – January 14, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When did Grey’s Anatomy became some sort of soap a la The Bold and the Beautiful? Really, the lesbian chick gets knocked up by the show’s resident man-whore? Come on Shondra, you can cook better story than that!

Comment by Lily – January 14, 2011 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well it’s obvious that Arizona and Callie will raise the baby together as their own, with Mark acting as the godfather. They probably would’ve used him as a sperm donor when they were ready anyways.

I wonder what effect this will have on Mark/Lexie though.

Comment by MM – January 14, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUCH A HORRIBLE INTERPRETATION FOR THE LGBT COMMUNITY. SCREW THE DAMN SHOW!

Comment by Mary – January 14, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I TOTALLY agree. As a lesbian (and not some lousy bisexual chick who doesn’t know what she wants and sleeps with the first guy because I don’t want “sorbet”) I can’t accept this lame storyline. I don’t care if Arizona and Callie go separate ways, I don’t care if their couple is doomed. As long as Arizona doesn’t forgive that, it’s ok if I don’t see lesbians kissing on screen anymore in GA. This was the only thing that could make me stop to watch GA. And I think it’s time to move on, I can’t follow a tv show that doesn’t respect me and people like me. Go to hell Shonda Rhimes.

Comment by Will – January 14, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • what’s wrong with a bisexual character on TV? it’s never been any secret that callie was bisexual. i mean, she thought george (a man!) was her soulmate for awhile. and she’s dated/slept with men in the past as well as women. it’s not like callie sleeping with a man is some major, out-of-left-field surprise.

Comment by Yas – January 15, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • @Yas, I completely agree with you!! I always thought it was understood that Callie was bisexual. She’s slept with Mark numerous times in the past. Since she and Arizona were broken up it’s reasonable that she would sleep with Mark again. So I don’t understand why posters like “Will” are so upset. If Callie was established as a lesbian character from the beginning, like Julianne Moore’s character, in “The Kids are Alright”, I could understand the anger about her sleeping with a man, from some fans. Also bisexuals have just as much right to be represented on tv as gays and lesbians.

Comment by Attia – January 16, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think we have to remember that even though Callie has been with Arizona for awhile, she’s not strictly a lesbian. You can’t be if you married a gay and then continue to have sex with a man when your girlfriend leaves you. As soon as the plot of Callie wanting a baby and Arizona NOT wanting a baby surfaced, it was pretty obvious that Callie would be pregnant by Mark. Even more so when Arizona made Callie stay in Seattle.

I do wonder how they’re going to fit Lexie into this situation. She didn’t want to raise Mark’s daughter’s kid, I don’t know why this would be any different. I think it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment by Caitlin – January 14, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was this really an unplanned pregnancy though… didn’t Callie and Mark discuss at one time having a baby together, even though they wouldn’t be together?

Comment by chi – January 14, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you mean when his daughter was pregnant and Callie offered to help raise the baby with him?

Comment by Aimee – January 14, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this has been the most ridiculous thing Grey’s has ever done. I thought it couldn’t get any worse than Daughter From Hell last year, but obviously, it can.

Then, I have to say this screws over three great couples; Calzona, cause this is just a slap in the face for all the fans who wanted them to have their OWN baby, Slexie cause they JUST got back together, and Shonda’s just gonna put Lexie through this crap all over again, and then MerDer, who are desperately trying to have a baby but fail each time, and now Calie sleeps twice with Mark, an she’s preggers.

I’ve loved Grey’s for so long, mostly cause it was such a stellar show with real stories, but lately, it hasn’t turned into a soap opera, and we’ve already got plenty of those.

I mean seriously, I realize too much happiness on the show becomes boring, but why does Shonda continue to destroy all couples to make ONE person happy? Does she even realize the ratings are not what they used to be, and writing stuff like this isn’t gonna make it any better?

Comment by Dominique – January 14, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *has.

Comment by Dominique – January 14, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha so true, the only thing worse than the horrible long lost pregnant daughter storyline would be lesbian Callie getting pregnant by Mark.

Should and did see this coming from a mile away, Shonda just can’t help herself.

Comment by Christina – January 14, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Let me start by saying how RIDICULOUS it is that Shonda writes Callie as some parttime lesbian every time Callie’s either insecure or something goes wrong with her relationship.”
      —I don’t think it’s ridiculous. I know quite a few girls (and their male counterparts) who are just like that for just those reasons. Some people aren’t purely gay or straight. Some people honestly can’t make up their minds what (or who) they want out of life. Some people are struggling and don’t know themselves and make poor decisions and hurt the people they love and who love them. Some people fight unnecessarily against life and make things worse for themselves than they have to. I could bang Callie’s head against a wall, but she seems like a real girl to me. I call that good TV.

Comment by Teresa – January 14, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Callie slept with men for the first 30 plus years of her life. So, I don’t see why it’s such a stretch that she would sleep with a man again. Her character likes men and women. The. End.

Comment by Attia – January 16, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst. Storyline. Ever. I kinda hope neither couple make it now because this baby-thing just tainted both couplings.

Comment by NK – January 14, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I want arizona and lexie to move on. It sucks that selfish mark and cal lie get to unilaterally put a baby on them. I think it would have been way more interesting to deal with the fall out of their partners not wanting children.

Comment by Kate – January 14, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so agree, I want Arizona just back to Malawi and continue her dream, so I can stop watch this show,,,

Comment by Mary – February 2, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is super “soapy”, but it’s Grey’s, what do people expect?

1) Why does everyone assume they didn’t use protection? Condoms fail, and Callie most likely wasn’t on birth control for obvious erasons.

2) Agree with MM that Arizona and Callie probably would’ve used Mark as a surrogate one day anyway. Doesn’t mean it’s not a life altering thing to consider now.

3) If Mark and Lexie were grown-ups they might think, “No one was in a relationship at that time, this happens, let’s deal with it as rationally as we can.” LOL, we all know that’s not going to happen though.

Comment by RP – January 14, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing re: donor sperm. He would be the obvs choice. I hope this makes the couples stronger.

Comment by devon – January 14, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree with you. Don’t see why people are fussing so much.

Neither of the couples were together when the one night stand happened, both couples should be able to move forward with this.

Comment by Aimee – January 14, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Callie might have wanted to use Mark as a sperm donor, but I bet Arizona wouldn’t. She already had problems with Mark and this will make it ten times worse.

Comment by Kate – January 14, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree! There is no way Arizona would want Mark to be the donor of their child. Last season, Arizona’s biggest fear was Callie leaving her for Mark or another man. This story is just plain ridiculous. I love Arizona and Callie, but I’m tired of Mark always having to be in the middle of their relationship. I wouldn’t blame Arizona for leaving or Lexie for that matter.

Comment by Jessica – January 14, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark is at the point in his life though where he would like children. We’ve already seen that with Mark/Addison and his grandson. I doubt he would want to get together with Callie, but I think he would definitely want to be involved. And I think Lexie will come around.

Comment by Mikaylah – January 14, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who’s to say Callie isn’t lying? I mean, we’ve seen it happen on other shows (One Tree Hill comes to mind). She’s angry, she wants a kid, she had sex after having her heart broken, she knows Mark can have kids. It doesn’t look like Mark knows, and I really think that at this point in their relationship, he’d be one of the first people she’d tell.

Comment by Blink – January 14, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The minute you saw her crying at the beginning of the episode, you KNEW this was coming. She’s not faking.

Comment by DD – January 14, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She could have just been crying. I admit its a long shot, but you never know with Grey’s.

Comment by Blink – January 14, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lots of haters, but I actually like the storyline. I’m happy to see Callie finally getting what she wants, even if Arizona isn’t a part of it. I doubt mark will hang around quietly though, he’ll want that baby for sure. Either way, having a baby around might shake things up in a good way, so I’m looking forward to seeing it play out.

Comment by brynna – January 14, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been against this pairing from day one – first off they are both too damaged to have a healthy relationship and the baby just adds another layer of dysfunction – interested to see how it plays out though which is odd since i gave up on the show 2 years ago

Comment by mdb – January 14, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two people, both doctors, and neither uses protection? Yeah, I buy that (not at all).

Comment by David F – January 14, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seattle grace is notorious for this. Apparently no one paid attention during sex Ed because this is at least the third unplanned pregnancy on the show.

Comment by Kate – January 14, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly I don’t care one way or the other about Callie and Arizona. I care about Mark and Lexie!!! I was so excited that they finally got back together and now this. It concerns them too so I hate that they didn’t even have one scene yesterday. Can’t we have a little happiness for Mark and Lexie before this baby news hits? I just love these two and hope they can get through this together!

Comment by Terry – January 14, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Callie’s pregnancy was pretty obvious, but I’m kind of curious how this will affect Mer/Der since they are trying constantly for a baby and can’t seem to get pregnant. Wonder if there will be a little bit of resent?

Comment by SM – January 14, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Props to Shonda Rhimes for this one. I was NOT expecting it. When I heard buzz that Callie might be pregnant, this was how I imagined it, but I still did not think it was going to happen. I think Mark & Lexie and Callie & Arizona will both make it out together, but it’s going to be a tough road. For all Arizona’s abandonment faults, there should be mention of Callie’s running to Mark fault, but in the end, I think they could work it out. I think the fact that Callie let Arizona in on the secret is a big step forward.

Comment by kate – January 14, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s great. I can’t stand Mark and Lexie, and finally Mark and Callie can get what they want most at this point, a child. I don’t care one bit whether Callie gets or doesn’t get back with Arizona, all that matters is she will have a child to raise with Mark. It’s Mark’s child so there is no way he is only a “godfather”. He’s the father, the end. If Arizona is to be with Callie, she’s just the mom’s partner, and nothing else. I think it was a brilliant idea in terms of storytelling, it gives them room to create lots of drama.

Comment by lupe – January 14, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like Calzona (not because they’re gay, I just don’t find them interesting) so I loved these news! Can’t wait to see what happens! I hope Calzona won’t get back together either, but I think they will… =/

Comment by Thais – January 14, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You don’t like them because they’re boring, ok I get it. Not because they’re gay, ok. I get it too.

But suddenly Callie is way more interesting when she’s in her straight phase and pregnant with Mark…? No, it’s not because they’re gay, no way!

Comment by Will – January 14, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BAD BAD WRITING! Let’s piss off not one but three fan bases! Poor Lexie! Then we have Mer so wanting a baby how the hell do they think she’s going to feel? Way to go Shonda again!

Comment by Jenna – January 14, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought last night’s ep of Grey’s was one of the best since last season’s finale (oh, and the “documentary,” too). Lots of new doors were opened and I’m looking forward to seeing how the core characters handle these situations. Nice to see Bailey with another hottie (more Daniel Sunjata, please!), a nod to show’s history with “inappropriate relationships,” and a new, smaller group of newbies to torture. Two thumbs up!

Comment by Media Ho – January 14, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THIS STORYLINE!! I think it’s hilarious that Callie is pregnant because she has wanted a baby for so long! I mean she was crying and laughing at the beginning cuz she got what she really wanted. Not in the exact way she thought but it happened. And I think Greys has gone down a bit from quality storylines but it’s still a great show!

Comment by Tim – January 14, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible, lazy writing. They already used a pregnancy/baby to break Mark and Lexie up once, why do it again? I’m disappointed.

Comment by Sarah – January 14, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed, totally a case of lazy writing. I had hoped for better from Shonda Rhimes, but I don’t know why. Despite the lame storyline, hopefully this at least gives Sara and Jessica the screentime to showcase their talent, because they really have been doing a great job with the mess they’ve been given.

Comment by Amy – January 14, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOT HAPPY. I knew it was coming but I was hoping I was wrong. I’ve never been a big Callie fan, ora huge Callie and Arizona fan. But I LOVE Mark and Lexie, they’re my favorite couple on Grey’s and they just got back together. I don’t see how this is going to help them. I don’t want this baby on the show I don’t like it at all.

Comment by Gabrielle – January 14, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (rolls eyes) C’mon. It’s not as if the show hadn’t established Callie as being bisexual.

Comment by Rob J. – January 14, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m just disappointed that they went there. It’s so trite and cliche. And more than that, if the fetus is carried to term, ruins four people’s lives.

“Oh sorry honey, the reason you have three moms and a dad is because you were an accident!”

Comment by xav – January 14, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly!!! I don’t understand all this hand wringing by people who are SHOCKED, SHOCKED that Callie slept with a man. Callie is a bisexual people. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

Comment by Dee – January 16, 2011 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know, I’m first and foremost a Mark/Lexie fan. So obviously the huge drop was like…wait a second, didn’t Lexie just tell Mark she loved him and now this? But why am not freaked out, I should be, right? I just feel like–you know what, Mark/Lexie have been through so much, and if this new wrench makes them stronger in the end then I can handle that. I feel like if Mark/Lexie can pull through this, then they’ve come full circle from the whole Sloan Sloan thing. That being said…cahrazy. All around gasps from fans of ML and CA. Whether Callie is really pregnant and/or goes through with the pregnancy, should be interesting to see…for everyone, even Mere/Derek who are trying to get pregnant. How unfair for them, huh?

Comment by Sophie – January 14, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will go against the flow….Im gay and I LOVE IT!!! Not everyone watched or knows what the L Word was or saw The Kids Are Alright. Any prime time TV with a large audience who show cases, weekly, a lesbian relationship is awesome. Kids, yup some gays want kids. Lets take what we can get at this point. Unite instead of argue. Shonda gave us the shower scene, the elevator, and cuddling/affection. Its television not real life. I think reality tv is more dramatic than scripted shows anyway. As a gay women who wants a baby, yay! Cant wait to see the next episode. Team Calzona all the way!

Comment by Chels – January 14, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just don’t think there’s any way Arizona doesn’t stick around for this. Shonda has said they are “Made for Each Other” so how could Arizona walk away AGAIN and then come back AGAIN for forgiveness? I think she says she’ll support Callie but it’ll be a struggle for them to acclimate. And who is to say she has the baby. Shonda has said before babies are hard to work into this kind of show so I wouldn’t be surprised if she miscarries like all the other characters.

I feel like it’s a predictable storyline but at least it’s SOMETHING. Other than Christina being depressed and 20 seconds of Mer/Der for an entire season, nothing is happening on this show anymore! I’m kinda excited to have an actual plot again.

Comment by Kate – January 14, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching the show when it became “Gay’s Anatomy.”

Comment by songforten – January 14, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because you didn’t like the storyline or because you are a homophobic jerk?

Comment by I.C. – January 14, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s okay, songforten. The 700 Club is always looking for more small-minded viewers. ADIOS!

Comment by tiffany – January 14, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I d think it’s a cliché, not very creative BUT Grey’s always present the common cliché storylines in a different way, and though I’m not a fan of this storyline I don’t hate it either. I’m curious. I think that we are going to see a lot of great scenes because of this.

Comment by I.C. – January 14, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show became a hit with quality writing. Now it’s based on lazy writing. Way to revert to a daytime soap opera mentality, Shonda! And the cherry on top of this hot mess? Eric Dane cannot for the life of him deliver a serious line of dialogue! He has become painful to watch on screen.

Comment by Barbra – January 14, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have respected the story line a lot more if Mark and Callie had actually decided to have a baby with or without the support of their partners. Having it be an accident is just lazy. Shondra just wanted an easy way to resolve the conflict since Arizona and Lexie look like the bad guys since mark and Callie didn’t mean to get pregnant.

I really hope other people are right that somehow callie really isn’t pregnant. I would rather see another miscarriage than this mess. Not to mention this further stagnates mer and der since Shondra isn’t going to let everyone have babies.

Comment by Kate – January 14, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this storyline might be worse than George cheating on Callie with Izzy! I don’t think Mark is going to settle for “godfather” or any other sideline role to his baby. He was all about adopting Sloans baby why would he actually willingly give up his own and let Callie and Arizona raise him or her. What are they going to do move Mark, Lexie, Callie, and Arizona into a house together and raise the baby that way? I LOVE Mark and Lexie and they just got back together. I’m afraid this might split them up for good.

Comment by Nikki – January 14, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I don’t care who wins on this one as long as the writing is excellent and those two great actress get to strut their stuff. I’m sure Arizona is going to have to accept it if she wants Callie back.

Comment by Thom – January 14, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wash, rinse, repeat. This is like a borrowed page from the Mexican soap operas that I have watched over the years, actually those are better than this.

Lazy writing and bad character development. It makes me not want to watch the show anymore. MerDer’s fertility issues are being treated like nothing and bam! We get Callie pregnant just because the sake of drama.

This show used to be good…

Comment by Ana M. – January 14, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m definitely not a fan of this SL, but I kind of hope that it does break up Slexie. I used to like them together, not anymore. Mark is too hypocritical. He sleeps around all man-whore like, but got all upset when Lexie was sleeping with Alex. I actually want to see more of Jackson’s feelings for Lexie surface. I think they could have amazing chemistry if the writers wrote to them. Jackson needs a good SL, and a Sloan/Lexie/Jackson triangle has potential, in my opinion.

Comment by Alyssa – January 14, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE IT! I’m a big fan of both couples and a fan of the friendship between Callie & Mark. So I think this will be an interesting storyline to see play out…

Comment by Christi – January 14, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just like Alex and Izzie were MFEO? And Cristina and Burke? Rhimes doesn’t have a good track record after saying things like that … the **** always hits the fan after those famous last words.

Comment by lou – January 14, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • in all fairness, both of those couples had other issues with the actors going on. namely, katharine heigl wanting to focus on her movie career and isaiah washington and his homophobic remarks regarding TR knight.

Comment by Yas – January 15, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw this coming from a mile away, but I am all for it. I think if anything it will strengthen all relationships involved. Mark and Callie both get the child they wanted, but Lexie doesn’t have to help raise the child. Arizona will stick around this time to prove she loves Callie, but also because I think they will raise the child themselves. Of course Mark will be involved, but I think he’ll step aside to let Callie and Arizona have their little family.
    It’s classic soapiness to have an unplanned pregnancy as soon as couples get back together. I’m surprised anyone to read the spoilers didn’t see it coming.

Comment by Sunny – January 14, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • c’mon, Callie can do so much better than a flake like Arizona. Not Sloane, of course, but WAY better than super-flake. “i’m breaking up with you because you were cranky?” fine. i say “adios, muchaca,” and move on to better stuff.

Comment by heather – January 14, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be honest, Mark is the only person with a big enough personality to handle Callie. Remember George? He practically disappeared in that relationship. While Arizona is better, she still fades away against Callie. Mark is really the only one who still shines when he is with her. So as much as I love Mark and Lexie, I am rooting for Mark and Callie. And in a show filled with beautiful people, Sarah Ramirez is simply stunning. On a side note, was Bailey’s make up a little glammed up last night?

Comment by Emmit West – January 14, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen! Totally agree! And Bailey did look a bit…sparkly. I always enjoy it when Bailey is happy & having fun.

Comment by Snickleboom – January 14, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the idea of Mark and Lexie together. I’ve liked them since their “friends with benefits” stage. And I would thoroughly enjoy seeing them make a go at being in a real relationship.

Comment by Mrs. Draper – January 16, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is RIDICULOUS. What on earth are they thinking??? I’m so annoyed, I can’t even watch the show anymore. I’ll just keep reading for spoilers until Mark and Lexie get back together, and then I’ll watch again. INSANE, Shonda. Insane.

Comment by CC – January 14, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • (I mean back together for real, minus plot devices like this designed to break them up again for another season or two of angst)

Comment by CC – January 14, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get all the hate!OK it’s not the best storyline BUT it’s a tv show!I don’t look at a tv show where the characters are happy all day long.

I don’t know why but I think Callie will do a mscarriag. Arizona will be closer to Callie and share its desire for a child and this time Lexie will be ready to be with Mark.

Comment by Karine – January 14, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Merideth just had a miscarriage, they won’t have Callie miscarry.

Comment by Bailey – January 14, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • they will, if they have shooter in hospital again..

Comment by Mary – February 2, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • they will, if they have shooter in hospital again.. remember: LAZY WRITTING

Comment by Mary – February 2, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s awesome! Mark lost 2 chances to be a dad and was so disappointed by it. This could finally be his opportunity. If Arizona really loves Callie as much as she says she does and really sees Mark as family (and wasn’t just blowing smoke up his ass to get what she wanted from him) then she will learn not to bail when this gets tough. And I’m sure Callie didn’t expect to get a baby this way, but she’s having her best friend’s child and that’s a hell of a lot better then trying to have George’s baby to save a doomed marriage. As for Lexie…I honestly don’t care what she does. I’m not a big Mark/Lexie fan. We’ll see if she has matured at all since she left Mark over Sloane & her baby. We all know Callie was there for Mark then.

Comment by Snickleboom – January 14, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At first I thought, well both Callie & Mark wanted a baby. But then I thought, but Mark can make a baby with Lexie when they’re ready. So it sucks for Mark & Lexie. I don’t think Lexie can freak out too much over it though, as far as Mark sleeping with Callie goes, because she knows what he’s like and they weren’t together at the time. I’m sure the pregnancy will cause issues though just like it did with Sloan. Though Sloan caused issues all by herself too. Now with Callie & Arizona, this is going to be a tough pill for Arizona to swallow. She’ll have to accept that they basically weren’t together, and Callie thought Arizona was going to be gone for was it 1 or 2 years? But she’s going to be pissed, I’m sure. This should be very interesting…the best part will be the look on Mark’s face when he finds out, lol.

Comment by Jessica – January 14, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post