Exclusive: Chuck Recruits Supernatural alum Lauren Cohan and… Robin Givens!

I spy an infusion of girl power on Chuck.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Supernatural‘s Lauren Cohan (ex-Bella) is joining the cast in a major recurring role. Additionally, Robin Givens has landed a multi-episode arc on the NBC comedy.

Cohan (a.k.a Rose on The Vampire Diaries) will play Vivian, a beautiful, charming and sophisticated socialite who is currently enrolled at Oxford studying history. She is the daughter of a criminal mastermind.

Givens, meanwhile, will portray a powerful and controlling agency bigwig who makes an intriguing offer to Casey (Adam Baldwin).

Both characters are slated to debut in March.

Chuck, which recently received an order of 11 additional episodes (bringing its season 4 total to 24), returns to NBC’s schedule with all-new episodes beginning this Monday (watch a hilarious sneak peek here).

Comments (23)

• Guess that means that Lauren is also a goner on Vampire Diaries. Damn, I loved her as Rose.

Comment by Alexa – January 14, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess this means Rose is a goner on TVD. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS will Lauren still have that atrocious haircut?

Comment by Michelle – January 14, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One can only hope that Cohen’s acting has improved.

Comment by Cyn – January 14, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Judging from TVD I’d say no. ;)

Comment by Michelle – January 14, 2011 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good, keep Lauren Cohan way, WAY AWAY from Supernatural. I still shudder in revulsion just thinking of Bella. Although I have S3 on DVD, I skip all the eps she’s in. That was one HUGE misstep SPN’s writers did.

Comment by timotey – January 14, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I never understood the unbridled hate for Lauren Cohan and Katie Cassidy on Supernatural Season 3. I thought they were both excellent editions to the cast and I thought the season 4 replacement Ruby was awful in comparison. I thought the rapport they had with the guys was great and the banter always made me smile. I look forward to seeing her on Chuck and I’m a little sad to see her go on TVD but I’m hoping it will be quite the exit.

Comment by Zayne – January 14, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t get it either…she was the perfect monkey wrench for the brothers Winchester. I also thought that Katie Cassidy’s Ruby was the best.

But the big question is…WILL CHUCK GO A SEASON 5???

Comment by jay – January 14, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I liked Bella, too. – John

Comment by John Grose – January 14, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Bela, myself. I loved how she ruffled Dean’s feathers. She got him in moral indignation snits. I loved watching it! I found Bela fascinating.

Comment by raelee514 – January 14, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck’s major recurring roles have been pretty great this year, hopefully these characters are closer to a Volkoff than a Shaw.

Comment by rip van winkle – January 14, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I hear major recurring role and daughter of Criminal mastermind my first thought was Volkoff’s daughter.

Comment by Amy – January 14, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Cohan [...] will play Vivian[.] She is the daughter of a criminal mastermind.”

Amy sees it the same way as me – almost.

I think this will be Chuck and Sarah’s half-sister, with Linda Hamilton and Timothy Dalton as the proud mom and pop.

Anyone?

Comment by Mike S – January 14, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chuck and ELLIE, I mean, not Chuck and Sarah.

Comment by Mike S – January 14, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! That would be a good plot point. Sucks for Chuck and Ellie though. But I’d be super interested in that dynamic.

Comment by Stephanie – January 14, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lauren Cohen does bear some resemblence to Linda Hamilton…

Comment by Todd Smitts – February 1, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Glad the show got the extra ‘sodes. – John

Comment by John Grose – January 14, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Lauren Cohan, I loved Bela on SPN, she was a great foil for Dean. I was sad they let her go so soon. Should be interesting to see how she fits in on Chuck — But Robin Givens? Really? She’s just always rubbed me the wrong way, didn’t much like her way back on Head of Class either.

Comment by raelee514 – January 14, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone want to guess if cohan will be sarah’s long lost sister?

Comment by Lori P – January 14, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED Bela on SPN! Her character on Chuck sounds very interesting…I can’t wait.

Comment by kathy – January 14, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Cohen on TVD. She and Somerhalder mesh well together, and Rose gives Damon a love interest so he doesn’t risk turning into a third wheel. We already know Rose does not die in “Descent” and hopefully Rose’s departure will allow for Cohen’s TVD return at a later date.

Comment by bbussey – January 15, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly return.

Comment by Cleo Heinke – February 8, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the idea of lauren coming to CHUCK… Fell in love with her when she was on Supernatural, can’t wait to see what they will do with her charactor

Comment by chris – April 11, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too fell in love with Bela. She was interesting, especially when her past was revealed, and I loved how she kept out smarting the boys so easily. She was excellent foil and I scene where she ‘objectifies’ Dean (undresses him with her eyes) was one of the funniest moments of the entire season. And Lauren was great as Rose, I liked that she was older and stronger than him and it would’ve been interesting to explore her past i.e who turned her, so I’m crazy excited about her being on Chuck.

Comment by Adria – July 25, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post