Exclusive

Castle Exclusive First Look: Watch the Big Kiss!

Is this the year television’s most celebrated unrequited duos stop being polite and start coupling the hell up? Dr. Crankypants and Huddy on House are nearing the five-month mark (and they said it wouldn’t last); Booth and Brennan appear to be closer than ever to finally getting it on over at Bones; and on Castle, Nathan Fillion’s title sleuth is about to plant a wet one on his partner in crime Beckett. But as I teased in last week’s Ask Ausiello, there may be more to the Jan. 24 smooch than meets the eye. The good news? You don’t have to wait another 10 days to start compiling conspiracy theories. The video player below contains an exclusive first look at the duo’s big mouth-to-mouth moment. Go ahead and watch. You know you want to.

Loading video...

How I Met Your Mother Spoiler Alert: Barney’s Father Unmasked!

Reaction? Did you spot any clues? Were you too busy swooning to do any serious investigating? Are you hot or bothered or both? Hit the comments!

1. Jill says:

Ewwwwwwwwwww she kisses with her eyes open!

2. Jess says:

It looks like its a set up. She looks over her shoulder before she latches on to him. Like its a diversion for something.

I don’t care what its for….THEY KISSED! UGH! This just NEEEEDS to happen. If Huddy can do it…they can too!

3. Audrey says:

I think she’s looking at something over Castle’s shoulder

• Yolanda says:

I totally agree with both Audrey and Jess. Beckett is looking over Castle’s shoulder. So I bet this kiss is just part of their detective work. Then again, they may discover some clues to their own feelings.

4. Rina says:

WHY IS IT NOT THE 24TH YET.

Beckett starts it… then seems hesitant. Hrmm. Need context.

• Suzanne says:

Completely agree. Can’t wait until the 24th to see the context for real. I’m afraid it’s for something work-related. Can’t stop watching the kiss though. These 2 are AMAZING together.

5. joni says:

she’s got her eyes open because she’s like..what????? i think he’s more into it than her..but i love it!!!!

6. Lawton says:

I wonder is she kisses him for the “work/disguise” reason but he doesn’t realize that, so following this scene he starts to kiss her back for real and that’s the picture we have all seen where he is holding her face and she looks almost taken back by it. Ummmm idk but i am soooooo excited to see how it all plays out!!!

• purpl_angel says:

I completely agree. The kiss doesn’t stem from a passionate moment…It’s definitely work-related. Still love to see it though! These 2 are HOT together

7. Matt says:

It’s not real…….I’ve got a dollar that says that Demming or someone she used to date or something showed up. Why else would she be looking everywhere but at Castle?

8. Laura Cristina says:

awwwwwww! I love this guy!

9. Marti says:

It could be a dream but question is who’s? Doesn’t matter to me as long as eventually they get together. Their so cute!

10. Kyle says:

OMG!!~ This seems staged though :( I can see heartbreak in Castle’s future if this is staged.

11. Laura says:

I loved it! I don’t care what the reason they are kissing. It’s a great quick peak. I’m sure it’s something mundane like, they ‘had to do it to make them blend in’ or something like that. I think Nathan is a great actor. I’ve watched him since he was on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. These two are GREAT together. KEEP ON KISSING!!

12. D says:

Death of the show. Have they learned nothing from Moonlighting and Remington Steele? After the tension has been satisfied, nothing left to write about.

• Katie says:

Yeah, because those are the only two shows that have ever gone through with it (end sarcasm). I think it’ll piss people off if they keep almost having something happen and then going backwards again for too long. From day 1 this show was written to be this way. Castle isn’t some other show, it’s Castle. It’s like saying there shouldn’t be child actors because it screws them up later in life – not ALL of them are screwed up, you can’t just put them under a blanket stereotype. I’m really sick of this Moonlighting bullcrap. Just because it didn’t work for that show doesn’t mean it can’t work for this one. Someone needs to grow a pair and take another shot at it.

• Linda Huffman says:

I totally agree! Romance worked for “Hart to Hart” and viewers loved seeing a murder mystery couple who were in love with each other! It gave a lot of substance to the show. Castle writers are smart, surly they can figure out how to keep this couple exciting after they hook up. Come on guys, get out of your comfort zone, the fans will appreciate it!

• Susan says:

True. It does…except for Hart to Hart, but then, I think they were always together. All these creative writers, why can’t they keep it exciting?

• Xenos says:

Um…Wait. If you’ll recall, Remington and Laura shared their first kiss in the third episode and continued kissing — very convincingly and passionately, I might add — through all four seasons (the fifth season doesn’t exist for us die-hard Steelies). The problem was that they didn’t progress the relationship further (ie: make love) and it became unrealistic (and frustrating for the audience) after 90+ episodes. Nevertheless, it was a WONDERFUL show.

Moonlighting, on the other hand, tanked for other reasons…NOT because Maddie and David hit the sheets. It tanked because the writing sucked at the end, the two stars were at each other’s throats and Cybill was pregnant with twins.

My point is, this kiss between Beckett and Castle should be a beginning, not an ending as you suggest. There’s so much left to explore in their relationship. Hopefully, the Castle writers won’t buy into the stupid “Moonlighting Curse” and we’ll get a really great ADULT relationship even after “the tension has been satisfied”.

• Nancy says:

The “Moonlighting Curse” is a buck of bunk! Good writers and actors and directors can keep a show fresh even when the stars get together. It’s tricky, but it CAN be done! Look at “Burn Notice” for a good example! Time to put the stupid “Curse” to bed, already!7

13. Traci Bell says:

All I see is that Beckett is the one who leaned in for the kiss.

14. Lysh says:

Beckett doesn’t even seem to be hitting his lips. She’s a little off, probably so she can look at whoever is behind Castle. The still is exciting and passionate looking though. :)
    I can’t stop watching this…haha.

15. Angel says:

Michael, you are such a tease!

16. Theresa says:

I think she was looking at something/someone and the kiss was part of them trying to conceal themselves and what they were actually doing.

17. Annette says:

Becca sees his ex and wants to make her jealous. She did ask Castle why he hadn’t try to make the move on her when the actress playing Nikki Heat wanted to know everything about their feelings. So it doesn’t surprise me, Becca makes the first move. However, she is a cop and is very much watching someone over his shoulder, while enjoying the long a waited kiss.

18. Caitlin says:

Okay so while I’m totally unhappy that this kiss looks like a cover up since her eyes are open, she is obviously getting into it because her hands come up to his shoulder after she kisses him. Second, there have to be at least two kisses, if not more, because her hands are different in the still and the promo shows her smiling and her head is tilted the opposite direction. Plus, in the promo it looks like they’re ending one kiss only to kiss again. Plus x2, Nathan Fillion has said that it’s really passionate and I read somewhere that Andrew Marlowe said “There’s more to the lingering embrace and kisses than passion, according to the script”. That says kisses, as in plural, as in *fangirl flail* Even though Nathan and Marlowe could be lying, but still, I’m choosing to believe them. :)

19. Katherine says:

Awww! I cant wait :))))

20. LostGirl says:

I’m confused why they would give away the BIG kiss scene before the episode unless there is another kiss before this one…Sure looks like they just pulled away from one (probably initiated by castle). Hmmm. I don’t mind if they’re doing it as undercover, because it’s hot and their not so hidden feelings for each other are totally showing though. :P

21. Kate Hutchinson says:

In the picture above he’s got his hand on her neck. This doesn’t happen in the video. Just a different take or is there more kissing?

22. Cheryl says:

When the video first starts, it looks like Beckett is just backing up from Castle…like the “his hands on her face” kiss already happend…she is shocked…wants more…leans in and at that point something catches her eye…OMG! Can’t wait till the 24th!

23. Emily says:

people….. shes looking over his shoulder at something. its a diversion… ohhh but i cant wait(:

24. Monica says:

ok, I don’t care why they are kissing I am jelous…but I love it.

25. sadie says:

Finally!! it took them long enough Geesh

26. corrie says:

i think he had just kissed her and she was all wow so thats why they kiss again and then her eyes open either she sees someone or she is in shock this is happening! yay cant wait

27. Dawn says:

Yep – eyes open – I say they were forced to say they were a couple and it’s all an act………but really not…? lol

28. CaptKJaneway says:

I think it may be part of an investigation, but I really don’t care. I have been waiting for this to happen! I just hope Castle doesn’t wind up with a broken heart from it!

I also think there has to be another kiss, maybe this one without the whole eye open looking over his shoulder thing!! The still doesn’t match the scene that we are given!!

I cannot wait for this to happen!!! C’mon 24th.

29. blbrady says:

LOVE IT! I don’t care why or how it happened but gives me butterflies just to see it!!!!!

30. armybrat37 says:

IT’S ABOUT TIME! It will be interesting to see what lead up to it tho. You go Beckett!

31. I can’t stop watching it over and over and over…OMG! This is what we have been waiting for…I think They are undercover (well not yet) and working together to look like they are a couple…I think they ought to and make lil Becketts and Fillion’s…Work Hard and Go home togerher and be one Big Happy Family….Love it…A big Fan! in League City, Texas

32. Katie says:

Interesting that this clip doesn’t match up with the kiss from the promo. To me, this one looks like an undercover thing but the other one doesn’t. Hmm. Looking forward to Jan 24!

33. Catie says:

Beckett is like in to it then remembers she has to be watching someone or something, like undercover stuff… but Castle is totally into it! <3 them together!

34. bekah says:

It looks for a split second that she gives him a nod and is like “okay now”

35. Henna says:

Beckett is looking to the left… So I smell undercover or diversion… =) Sadly, they should so hook-up already!

36. Marilyn Strout says:

I agree w/the above comments. Think that they’re gonna like what it felt like and there’s gonna be a lot of posturing before the next one happens, but it will.

37. Devon Lasher says:

I refuse.

This is some ploy to generate hype. She WILL NOT kiss Castle. We all want it, but it’s not gonna happen till the last episode of the last season.

38. rosie says:

she’s obviously looking at someone/something while kissing Castle.it sucks but, i dont think she actually meant anything in the kiss.

39. sadie says:

Yeah i agree but it has taken her long enough because i loved it when beckket said id break you out castle!!!!!!!

40. ronn says:

She sees that old boyfriend and shes trying to make him jealous. Castle finds out why and hes devistated over the set up…you watch and see if Im not right

41. Anonymous says:

In response to the videos question: was too “hot and bothered.” Will have to try again for more clues.

42. Michele says:

Before they start to kiss, there is a noise…like a smaking noise of people kissing already. Beckett is looking over Castle’s shoulder and kissing him with her eyes open, like she is watching something, but he approaches with his closed. If they were to get together, this show would be over! There would be no more chemistry between them! Then what?! Oh for the love of God! I can’t even begin to think of having to watch the Kardashians!!

43. dmcc says:

Based on the still photos and the video, I think this is right after he kisses her for the first time, she steps back, then decides to go in again …. for whatever reason. But not matter what, that was damn hot!!!

44. sadie says:

i see what you mean Michele and ronn

45. ann says:

omg I can’t wait to see this episode…they definately have heat but she is definately looking at something ugh the suspense. I dont want my weekend to go by quickly but yet I can’t wait to see this monday its been a long time coming. Enjoy Castle fans, I know I will!

46. Hog says:

They were banter/arguing again, the topic got heated and passionate, and Castle could not hold out longer, he grabbed her pulled her forward and kissed her. An apology followed, but Beckett will never be the same again.

47. Gan says:

It was a cover, they didn’t want to be seen by someone they were following and to avoid being seen Castle pulls Becket into a kiss. They continue smoldering for eachother, and pretend it was just nothing to the other, keeping all of us on our seats for when they finally do connect.

48. Me- Wolfmyjic says:

I don’t think it’s a dream…BONES did something like that.

She does seem to be looking at something over his shoulder. If it is work related, then she’s trying to play them off (as in, “Why the hell are two people standing in the middle of the street?”). Did something like that in a fanfiction, where a kiss was a cover-up.

Of course I agree with the person who pointed out that the kiss in the still and the kiss in the video isn’t the same kiss.

However, that all being said….DAMN that was hot! I’m more excited about Castle & Beckett than Booth & Brennan.

49. BronzeSeal says:

Any of you that have been reading the Nicki Heat books know that those characters have already “done the deed” and are now dealing with their feelings about working together. Maybe the TV show is saving their hooking-up for a season-ender?

50. KayR says:

This kiss looks staged and ‘undercover’ but the one on the episode preview looks real! I really hope they start dating!

• A says:

I beat you it is one of them having a dream. There’s no way this is real. But if so…. Go get her Castle.

• Rina says:

No way. Too early to be pulling the ‘dream’ episode shtick.

• Dani says:

I agree, a dream sequence is way to “Bones-y”, and we definitely don’t want the show going down the “drag it out too long” road… My guess is that they are undercover and they pull the “Kiss to avoid suspicion” act – watch Beckett’s eyes: she’s looking at someone(thing) behind Castle as she’s kissing him… but this will open up some more discomfort between them… But bring it on writers! I say this show and actors are so great that they can move the romance story forward!

• Lynn says:

It looks as if she was unsteady on her feet. I agree, it’s a dream. You guys are going to keep us wanting for how many seasons? I would love to think it was real, but she looks too shaky on her feet. Maybe he saved her life from someone? Maybe I wish I were her?

• cherry says:

i think your right, i think castle and beckett we arguing during a case and castle kissed her firsthence becketts face lol. then beckett kisses him back because of what she sees as she was not into that at all..but they still kissed.. come on beckett, castles all up for it!