Breaking: ABC orders Charlie's Angels Reboot

Twice upon a time, there were three little girls who went to the police academy. And now, ABC has decided, a new trio of cops should be turned into Charlie’s Angels — the network’s just ordered a pilot for an update of the ’70s hit.

This go-’round, TVLine has learned, the show will be set in Miami and Bosley will be hot. (No offense to David Doyle.) Also of note: Leonard Goldberg, a producer on the original series, is on board, as is (behind the scenes) Drew Barrymore, who brought the crimefighters to the big screen. Overseeing the whole operation will be Smallville alumni Alfred Gough and Miles Millar.

Now the question is, who should play the Angels — and the sexed-up Bosley? Your suggestions below.

1. Dennis says:

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Kristen Kreuk

Kate Cassidy

2. J. S. Kidd says:

Angels:
    Michele Boyd
    Dichen Lachman
    Kristen Bell

Bosley:
    Patton Oswalt

Voice of Charlie:
    Keith David

3. Bruce_F says:

Don’t make Bosley a himbo. Cast Greg Grunberg. He’s perfect for it.

4. timotey says:

Oh God, please, just make it more like the old TV show and less like the terrible, horrible, no good, painful to watch and dumb movies.

5. tejas says:

Robert Wagner is already signed as Charlie.

Not a clue who would be good as the Angels. Might actually be good to go with all virtual unknowns, but who knows?

• irg19 says:

I heard Robert Wagner was already signed on as Charlie too. Did you forget to post that Michael? :D

Anyway my pick for the angels:
      Dichen Lachman
      Yvonne Strahovski (if Chuck gets cancelled, not that I want that to happen)
      Sophia Bush (since OTH is highly likely ending after this season)

Bosley: Some hot dude eh? Hmm he needs to be funny though, hot and funny is a hard combo to find.

• chinga says:

OMG! Sophia Bush – perfect!! awesome!!! get her out of OTH – she’s heavily featured there but not many ppl watch it. give her a show on ABC!!

• swthompson says:

if i recall correctly, Robert Wagner had a percentage of the original show.

6. Chip says:

Sarah Michelle Gellar
    Kristen Bell
    Summer Glau

Bosley
    I like the idea of Greg Grunberg
    Charlies Voice:
    Val Kilmer

7. Kyle says:

EXCELLENT suggestion on Sarah Michelle Gellar!

That’d be a sure-fire way to get me to watch! I miss her so much and will watch anything she is in!

8. Mel says:

Eliza Dushku?
    Diechan Lachman?
    Stacy Keibler?
    Jamie Chung?

9. Mel says:

Perhaps Lucy Liu could reprise her role since she’s not really doing movies anymore? She was on a couple ABC shows.

10. Linda says:

I agree Dichen Lachman & Katie Cassidy would be great!

11. danicr says:

Alona Tal!

12. Tia says:

Noooo more remakes. Someone get a creative new idea.

13. ZmaXcharmvill3 says:

We need Kristen Bell in this Show,
    one of the Angel’s is just out of college, she is spunky, street smart, & has a sense of humor, the role is Perfect for KBell

14. Uwe says:

Hayden Pannetierre
    Summer Glau
    Sarah M. Gellar

Bosley: G.Grunberg or Andy Serkis

15. Bee says:

Kristin Bell,
    Katie Cassidy,
    Minka Kelly

Bosley: German Actor Florian David Fitz (google him, seriously!!!!)

16. Rusty says:

Bosley should be Lucy Liu if they are going with a female> Because she’s hot, good actress, does most of her own stunts and I just love her :) if there is a chance of a male Give it to Damian Lewis, who was great in Life. (the cop show)He got screwed out of his series for jay leno’s failed prime time show.

Angels hmmm
    Summer Glau (because the writers of the ‘The Cape’ have already killed that show.) Role (The martial artist)
    Jewel Staite She’s hot and a good actress Role (the brainy one)
    Zoe Saldana She’s hot and very talented and athletic. Role (The best driver)

The voice of Charlie: the one and only James Earl Jones

17. Matthew says:

Yvonne Strahovski (if ‘Chuck’ gets cancelled)
    Summer Glau (if ‘The Cape’ gets cancelled)
    Jewel Staite (seriously miss Atlantis & Firefly)

18. Mike A says:

Maybe the angels are guys and Bosley is a woman! It just say a new trio of cops.

19. Ray says:

I think Summer Glau, Katie Cassidy, Kristen Kreuk, Kristen Bell, and Jamie Chung are all very good suggestions. I would cast from that group.

20. James says:

i bet they go for unknown actors

21. Jessie says:

I like Amber Tamblyn for the smart one in the Kate Jackson mold. Kristen Bell would be great…I hate Sarah Michel le Gellar, but her fellow AMC-er Michelle Trachtenberg would be a lot of fun.

22. Jessie says:

Oh, and a thousand times yes to Greg Grunberg.

23. Double JJ says:

Jamie Chung
    Katie Cassidy
    *Hillary Duff (I know, I know. Way outside the box but I think she can pull off a innocent girl next door vibe but can totally be lethal underneath)

I like the idea of Sarah M. Gellar on the show but as a villain or a “fallen” angel. It would be fun to see her back to her villain roots.

Also maybe get some other femme fatales from the past like Peta Wilson come in from time to either teach the new girls some old ticks or be a complete pain in their butts.

24. Trevor says:

I have a better question: Whio will replace the iconic voice of “Charlie”?

25. HoldenC. says:

Definitely Sarah Michelle Gellar & Katie Cassiday for sure! Summer Glau and Eliza Dushku would be great too.

26. John says:

If they are still looking for a white, an african american and an asian cast: Katie Cassidy, Gabrielle Union and Yunjin Kim would be quite a beautiful cast….

27. kate says:

Hmm…

Dichen Lachmen seems like an awesome choice. Sarah Michelle Gellar can certainly fill this role, but I think it’d be cool to see her in something different and see Kristin Bell instead. As for the third Angel… Lindsay Price? I’ve been waiting to see her in something since Love Bites got pushed around into the black hole of pilots. Maybe Sarah Shahi (depending on how Facing Kate stands).

• kate says:

…and by Facing Kate, I clearly mean Fairly Legal. :)

• irg19 says:

Lindsay Price kills shows…unfortunately.

• kate says:

Heartbreaking, really. She’s really talented and I actually like her quite a bit. I think she just needs something with a better shot of being on TV. Lipstick Jungle was too like Sex & the City, and if anyone thought grown-ups were gonna buy into watching a group of witches every week, well… we know how Eastwick turned out. I actually really loved them both, though.

28. W0NK042 says:

Frell me. Another re-make/image?!? RIP Original programming. (Exactly what were the writers on strike about a while back, since everything since then has been a re-make/image or copy/spinoff?!)

29. W0NK042 says:

^ Yes I am aware of how well/cool Hawaii Five-0 is, but in my opinion, it’s the only one.

30. HoldenC. says:

Sofia Bush would be awesome too. Even despite the fact that she sounds like she smokes a carton of cigarettes a day.

31. Jooshua says:

Amber Heard
    Laura Vandervoort
    Sharon Taylor

32. B says:

Zoe Saldana
    Megan Good
    Megan Fox (setting up a Desperate Housewives/Charlie’s Angels crossover… but then she gets killed off and is replaced with Yvonne Strahovski..)

Genius I tell ya!

33. HoldenC. says:

Those Smallville douches killed Melrose with bad writing, bad plotting, etc. So here’s hoping they improved in some way.

• todd says:

you might want to get your facts straight. alfred gough and miles millar did not do melrose place. While they did produce smallville for 7 seasons, they left the show in season 8, which was run by todd slavkin and darren swimmer. Those ex Smallville alumni were the ones who produced melrose place, NOT gough and millar.

34. Brandi says:

Kristen Bell, Minka Kelly, and Sarah Michelle Gellar would be a dream cast.

35. Sam says:

Sarah Michelle Gellar, Kristen Bell & Sohpia Bush would make an awesome trio!!

36. Summer says:

1) AAAAAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEE! BEST. NEWS. EVER!

2) I’d love for the Angels to be any of these actors: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Kristen Bell, Kristin Kreuk, Summer Glau,

Bosley: Greg Grunberg, hands down.

I have NO CLUE for the voice of Charlie.

37. Brock says:

Katie Cassidy = best. suggestion. ever.

38. Danielle says:

Summer Glau (she’ll be available I saw The Cape; she can do better)
    Jordana Brewster (tall and gives a little bit of flavor to the mix)
    Yvonne Strahovski (tall and blonde — perfection — but since I want to see Chuck for another season I kinda don’t want to see it happen)
    Katie Cassidy (my runner-up blonde; she deserves a hit show)
    Morgan Freeman (he likes doing voice overs might as well add another notch to his belt
    Bosley can be played by anyone (I don’t have a preference)

39. Jack says:

Summer Glau,
    Eliza Dushku
    Taylor Cole
    Laura Vandervoort

Bosley: Greg Grunberg

Charlie: Malcolm McDowell

40. Michael says:

I love the idea of Sarah Michelle and Katie Cassidy being Angels! Love them both! It would be awesome to have Sarah back on TV every week. Summer Glau and Yvonne Strahovski are also great pics as well. Now i’ve never seen the original and vaguely remember the movies but if they make Bosley a younger guy this time around Justin Hartley could fit the bill since Smallville is ending. For Charlie, I wouldn’t mind John Cleese, i don’t know why but I like his voice.

41. Jane says:

bosley – how about tom hardy? michael vartan? milo ventimillia?

the angels;
    kristen bell
    kristin kreuk
    zoe saldana

that might be a stellar remake…

42. Elizabeth says:

I’d like to see:
    Moon Bloodgood
    Alexandra Daddario
    Lindsay Price
    Lindy Booth
    Alexie Gilmore
    Pascale Hutton
    and I can see the above suggestions of Jordana Brewster and Kristin Bell too

As Bosley:
    Jeffery Dean Morgan
    Boris Kodjoe
    Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

And I too heard that Robert Wagner would be Charlie :)

43. Alex Miley says:

Becki Newton of Ugly Betty fame would make a a FANTASTIC Angel. She has the comedy to give the role a little fun when called for, but she’s also good at the dramatic! C’MON BECKI NEWTON!!!!

44. Emily says:

Some ideas for angels;
    KRISTEN BELL!!!!!!!!!, Amber Tamblyn, Kristin Kreuk, Alexis Bledel, Rachel Bilson (only because I want to see her on TV again!), Jamie Chung and i can see Sarah Michelle Gellar working as well.

45. j says:

MINKA KELLY
    AND…..

LINDSAY LOHAN! thats right i said it

46. @Richie_btvs says:

Sarah Michelle Gellar, Kristin Bell, Sofia Bush/Summer Glau
    would be perfect :)
    Bosley greg grunberg just seems perfect….
    and charlie: i like antonhy stuward head(giles)

47. dee123 says:

Do not hire Kristen Kreuk. if your going to hire someone from your Smallville days make it Alison or Erica.

48. Kay says:

I agree with Greg Grunberg as Bosley. He’s be amazing.
    For the angels, I imagine they won’t go with too well known women, though I do think Sarah Michelle Gellar would be cool. People would watch just to see her back on the tube. That would be a selling point. Otherwise:

Summer Glau
    Deichen Lachman
    Joelle Carter

49. Drewsifer says:

How can you forget the awesome Bill Murray from the movies as Bosley!!! He should at least do a cameo – I can’t help but crack up at everything he does!

50. Harry Benson says:

Summer Glau
    Eliza Dushku
    Sarah Michelle Gellar
    Sarah and Eliza worked well together in Buffy and
    Eliza with Summer in Dollhouse.