Bones Exclusive: Booth/Brennan Season-Ending Romance Subject of 'Spirited Debate,' Says Boss

Get More: Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

Bones fans, grab a seat, and I mean grab it good, lest you be knocked out of it by what you’re about to read: This is the season Bones may finally go there with Booth and Brennan.

I kid you not.

Series creator Hart Hanson tells TVLine that the No. 1 topic of conversation in the show’s writers’ room is whether or not the star-crossed sleuths should end the season as a full-fledged couple.”What happens [as we wrap] between Booth and Brennan is the subject of a spirited and wide-ranging debate —and that’s the honest-to-God truth,” he say. “Some people think [we should go for it], and others are wildly against it. It’s a really interesting debate.”

One thing that’s certain is that Hanson and fellow exec producer Stephen Nathan will have to make a decision soon. The groundwork for a possible B&B hookup will be laid in this season’s 19th episode, which, as revealed in this week’s Ask Ausiello, finds them trapped in an elevator. “They’ll be forced together,” teases Hanson, “and they have to figure some things out.” (FYI: My Bones-obsessed former colleague at EW.com, Mandi Bierly, just posted some new details on the elevator episode.)

Your thoughts? Is it time for Bones to pull the trigger on Double B? Weigh in below!

Tags: ,

Comments (960)

• Go for it. They SHOULD be together. In such difficult times, many viewers turn to TV to feel good. If Bones is miserable…..

Comment by Carol – January 13, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They belong together they need each other

Comment by Dianna – January 13, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely true. Bones needs the conviction in b’s beliefs to make herself a whole person. It will be great to see them live love and work together. Show people of today it can been done and done well!!!!

Comment by happy ending cherly – January 13, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please … bring them together! It won’t ruin anything. It can be done! We have faith in the writers!!!

Comment by Brenda – January 13, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely, they should get together… the chemistry is beyond incredible. Make it happen already, the show will only get better from there and that is a tall order… but you can do it. Love the show, always have, always will!

Comment by Roxanne – January 13, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Please, please get them together and keep them together!
    They WOULD be the hottest couple on TV and the story lines WOULD BE endless.

Comment by Linda Rausch – January 13, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg they would be really cute together, but you have to understand that its the sexual tension and stuff that makes it cute! in EVERY romantic story, the ending is when they get together…well usually. :)

Comment by Delaney – January 13, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s the point! Romantic stories END with the couple coming together. I think if Bones and Booth get together, the show will have jumped the shark. Where else can the writers go with their relationship? Delaney is right, its the sexual tension that makes their relationship so cute. Once they get together, there will be no more sexual tension and the show becomes ho-hum. I love this series, and would hate to see it end after next season.

Comment by DGPhillips – January 13, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love to see them get together, it’s what we have all wanted, however, I don’t know where the show would go after that. The writers would have to come up with something fantastic to keep the interest going. Either way I am a true Bones fan, been watching since first episode and will continue to watch till the end!!

Comment by D. Carithers – January 13, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, please please please…for the love of all that is good on this earth – let them get together!!!

Comment by Natasha – January 13, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please get them together and keep them there. Get rid of the girlfriend, can’t believe you threw her in there to begin with, she is so not right for the Booth character. Just do it already!

Comment by Jealith – January 13, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally but they have to stay together! I’ve been waiting for years for them too and it’s killing me that they aren’t!

Comment by katie – January 13, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why cant it just happen and get it over and done with as anyone can see the sparks between them :)

Comment by Alison Laycock – January 13, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want it to Happen!!!…….. BUT look what it has done to great sleuthing couples of the past as soon as the sexual tension ends so does the show!!!!!!!! So I Would really love it to happen I love the show to much to see it end!! lets learn from TV history!!!!

Comment by Reggie – January 13, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES! DO IT! IT WOULD BE AWESOMELY FANTASTIC!

Comment by mae – January 13, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First, please excuse English, it’s not good for me.
    Second, Booth and Brennan need to marry soon. At least date them.

Thanks,
    Antonio Manzoni

Comment by Antonio – January 13, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please……Just get Booth and Bones together – We have waited long enough….their chemistry is undeniable….just think about a lasting relationship – all the possibilities – how about a new baby brother or sister for Parker?????

Comment by Linda McKinney – January 13, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should get together…but then keep it a secret like they are doing in psych. That way those who want them together (like myself) are satisfied, and those who like tension will still have it!

Comment by Liz – January 13, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • omg, perfect! You’re a genius.

Comment by Christina – January 13, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go for it. I want to see Booth and Bones finally be happy together.

Comment by Trenice – January 13, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please make them a couple and don’t screw it up later on. It can work because the writer of the show is fantastic!

Comment by libbie – January 13, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Even my 11 year old is like “come on mom they have to let Booth and Bones be together”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Katrina – January 13, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!! i have all 5 seasons and watched every episode in hope they get together! it is time they do! oh and we WANT A 7TH SEASON! i want them together

Comment by Boneslover – January 13, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also have the bones series. they need to be together. they even each other out.

Comment by Lona Towsley – January 13, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont care how you do it make it happen :) They are hot!!!!!

Comment by Heather – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only if it isn’t “just sex”. Hate that. It needs to mean something–a real commitment. Not sure Bones can do that, though I agree she needs to!

Comment by Holly H – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummmm, yeah… they should have been together a long, long time ago… but now works too =)

Comment by Nicki – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! They need to get together at some point this season. Please

Comment by Twiggy – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! They should be together already. My mom and I have been waiting for it to happen. Now that Bones has admitted that she messed up and wants her chance she should have it.

Comment by Nicole – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please put them together. I have been watching and re-watching episodes for so long I dream about them together. I agree with the viewer that we need a good ending to make us feel good in today’s times. I can even help write it!

Comment by janice – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bones and booth should definitely knock boots!

Comment by janet – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Not because everyone wants it…but because it should happen. It is the natural progression for these two characters.

Comment by SG – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s about time

Comment by bridgette – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband and I both watched this show for the first few seasons, and it got to the point where he refused to watch it until Booth and Bones get together. I’ve tried to get him to watch good episodes, but he just says, “No. I’m not watching until they get together.” So, please, get them together so I have my Bones watching partner back but don’t do it if it’s not going to be epic. If you’re gonna do it, do it big and do it right. I promise you won’t lose viewers, we have been waiting a long time for this. You owe it to us!

Comment by Christina – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OOh IT SOOOO needs to be done!!!! They belong together!!!! I cant wait!! My heart broke at the end when he turned her down, she was pouring her heart out!

Comment by Alanna – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please let them get together it would be great seeing them as a team . We have waited for years let get it done!!!!

Comment by Linda Wright – January 13, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t go there, folks. There still has to be some detachment for them to remain partners in the show. Pairing them up will destroy that detachment. This next year have Booth end his relationship and have Bones start one of her own. Keep that all important dynamic of solid friendship between them.
    You hook the two of them up guys, and you will lose the whole flavor of the show.

Comment by David McKibben – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree…every show seems to end once that will they won’t they get together tension is gone… I like the idea of Brennan moving on (not permanently of course but perhaps for a season or half a season while Booth ends his relationship with Hannah. Good plan..

Comment by sarah – January 13, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not so sure. Sexual tension keeps a lot of shows afloat- and just like surface tension- once that’s broken shows tend to sink. I don’t think B&B should take the plunge until the end of the series– and I’m hoping that’s not going to be for awhile! On the other hand, it’s kind of hard to back away from their imminent relationship because it’s already been addressed. Tough one, guys….

Comment by Serenity – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For the love of all thats holly.. Just make it happen!!!

Comment by Mia – January 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I REALLY want to see them together but I don’t want their relationship to end the series. That seems to happen a lot in TV shows, when the caracters fall in love and then the whole series ends. I don’t want that to happen to Bones; I LOVE this show. It’s the only show I’ve followed since Season 1 Episode 1. But a Booth/Brennan “hook-up” would be a perfect way to start 2011!!!

Comment by Pragathi Schmidt – January 13, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES OMG YES! been waiting for this to happen since the begining of the show you guys are amazing and if you can make it work for Hodgins and Angila then Bones and Booth should be simple please do this

Comment by Steph – January 13, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although I enjoy the tension of having Hannah around, I think she is far to eager to go out on her own & do her own thing, but Bones & Booth are definitely made for each other and could not survive without the other.

Comment by Ellen – January 13, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!!!!!!! I was really hoping Brennan was going to kiss Booth at the airport on last season’s finale. It’s about time they finally hook up!!!

Comment by Barbara – January 13, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes please get them together

Comment by robbin – January 13, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, absolutely! This gorgeous couple needs to be a proper couple, in love, still maintaining all the spice and fire. If any TV couple needs to be together, it is these two.

Comment by Sharon – January 13, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, it’s ABOUT TIME!!!! :)

Comment by Barbara – January 13, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they are meant for each other and I think the writers have gone as far as they can keeping them apart– AND I don’t think things would be all smooth once they did officially get together, since Brennan has all kinds of relationship and trust issues and those won’t magically go away just because she takes the plunge to be with Booth. There’s LOTS of interesting material to work with there.

Comment by Melanie – January 13, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is DEFINATELY time!!! I’ve been going crazy with all the close calls. They have already admitted their feelings, so it just wouldn’t be right at this point to try turning around and pretending that never happened.

Comment by Amanda – January 13, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, put them together…..ASAP!!! It’s long OVERDUE!!!!

Comment by Dawn – January 13, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • B&B will get together….but it should happen just like Mac and Harm did in the final episode of JAG…thats my story and I’m stickin to it

Comment by Dan H – January 13, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No they can’t do that I’m still waiting on a reunion episode on JAG that made me crazy. I want to see them together and see the relationship change and grow then break up and get married at the end. Lol

Comment by eharring – January 13, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Now that could be a whole new series…or at least a mini series….it’s got my vote

Comment by Dan H – January 14, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let them finally get together! I can’t stand it anymore! Imagine the storylines surrounding pregnancy…it could be hilarious!

Comment by shel341 – January 13, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    I love this show, but this past season with Booth having a girlfriend has made it hard to get through an episode!! The awkwardness between Booth and Brennen has made me not want to watch anymore. I loved the way they used to interact with each other but now, they both seem like two different people, the chemistry is gone.
    Even if you don’t have them become a “couple” get rid of the girlfriend so things can at least go back to the way it was!
    A fan till the end~

Comment by China – January 13, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes! i completely agree with that right there

Comment by Taylour – January 13, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESS! they shoult totally do it! we’ve been waiting for this to happen since Episode One of the First Season! please please pleaseeeeee do it! they are a perfect couple and EVERYONE knows it!

Comment by Taylour – January 13, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be a GREAT way to wrap the season… and I don’t think this would harm the chemistry of the show. We have been hoping for this for a long time, and that scene where Bones turns Booth’s “Let’s Go For It!” down… well that was a sad, sad day for ‘Bones’ fans. My vote is YES… but make it in keeping with the fun of the romance thus far.

Comment by Gary – January 13, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, please. they should be a couple because he is the only one who understands her. You keep showing that they love each other and it would help the show if they really got to share their feelings for real. It is one of the best shows on TV.

Comment by Terri – January 13, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ITS A MUST DO!! OH BOY I BEEN ANTICIPATING WHAT IT BE LIKE IF YOU ALL WOULD JUST PAIR THEM FOR GOOD. MY OPINION THEY ARE A CUTE COUPLE AND BY THE LOOKS BOOTHS SON TAKES TO BONES REALLY WELL!! SHE IS HEAD OVER HILLS FOR HIM AND QUITE HONESTLY I THINK BOOTH CAN FEEL THAT TOO…U CAN KIND OF SEE IT IN HIM! ANYHOW MY VOTE IS YES BONES AND BOOTH!!!

Comment by RUBY – January 13, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really think that Bones should marry Booth, but not yet. I don’t know if their being married would by as electric, on edge, as it is on every episode now.

Comment by Pat Watkins – January 13, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post