Exclusive

Bones Exclusive: Booth/Brennan Season-Ending Romance Subject of 'Spirited Debate,' Says Boss

Bones fans, grab a seat, and I mean grab it good, lest you be knocked out of it by what you’re about to read: This is the season Bones may finally go there with Booth and Brennan.

I kid you not.

Series creator Hart Hanson tells TVLine that the No. 1 topic of conversation in the show’s writers’ room is whether or not the star-crossed sleuths should end the season as a full-fledged couple.”What happens [as we wrap] between Booth and Brennan is the subject of a spirited and wide-ranging debate —and that’s the honest-to-God truth,” he say. “Some people think [we should go for it], and others are wildly against it. It’s a really interesting debate.”

One thing that’s certain is that Hanson and fellow exec producer Stephen Nathan will have to make a decision soon. The groundwork for a possible B&B hookup will be laid in this season’s 19th episode, which, as revealed in this week’s Ask Ausiello, finds them trapped in an elevator. “They’ll be forced together,” teases Hanson, “and they have to figure some things out.” (FYI: My Bones-obsessed former colleague at EW.com, Mandi Bierly, just posted some new details on the elevator episode.)

Your thoughts? Is it time for Bones to pull the trigger on Double B? Weigh in below!

1. Carol says:

Go for it. They SHOULD be together. In such difficult times, many viewers turn to TV to feel good. If Bones is miserable…..

2. Dianna says:

They belong together they need each other

• happy ending cherly says:

Absolutely true. Bones needs the conviction in b’s beliefs to make herself a whole person. It will be great to see them live love and work together. Show people of today it can been done and done well!!!!

3. Brenda says:

Please, please … bring them together! It won’t ruin anything. It can be done! We have faith in the writers!!!

4. Roxanne says:

Absolutely, they should get together… the chemistry is beyond incredible. Make it happen already, the show will only get better from there and that is a tall order… but you can do it. Love the show, always have, always will!

5. Linda Rausch says:

YES! Please, please get them together and keep them together!
    They WOULD be the hottest couple on TV and the story lines WOULD BE endless.

6. Delaney says:

omg they would be really cute together, but you have to understand that its the sexual tension and stuff that makes it cute! in EVERY romantic story, the ending is when they get together…well usually. :)

• DGPhillips says:

That’s the point! Romantic stories END with the couple coming together. I think if Bones and Booth get together, the show will have jumped the shark. Where else can the writers go with their relationship? Delaney is right, its the sexual tension that makes their relationship so cute. Once they get together, there will be no more sexual tension and the show becomes ho-hum. I love this series, and would hate to see it end after next season.

• D. Carithers says:

I would love to see them get together, it’s what we have all wanted, however, I don’t know where the show would go after that. The writers would have to come up with something fantastic to keep the interest going. Either way I am a true Bones fan, been watching since first episode and will continue to watch till the end!!

7. Natasha says:

Yes, please please please…for the love of all that is good on this earth – let them get together!!!

8. Jealith says:

Yes please get them together and keep them there. Get rid of the girlfriend, can’t believe you threw her in there to begin with, she is so not right for the Booth character. Just do it already!

9. katie says:

Totally but they have to stay together! I’ve been waiting for years for them too and it’s killing me that they aren’t!

10. Why cant it just happen and get it over and done with as anyone can see the sparks between them :)

11. Reggie says:

I really want it to Happen!!!…….. BUT look what it has done to great sleuthing couples of the past as soon as the sexual tension ends so does the show!!!!!!!! So I Would really love it to happen I love the show to much to see it end!! lets learn from TV history!!!!

12. mae says:

YES YES YES! DO IT! IT WOULD BE AWESOMELY FANTASTIC!

13. Antonio says:

First, please excuse English, it’s not good for me.
    Second, Booth and Brennan need to marry soon. At least date them.

Thanks,
    Antonio Manzoni

14. Linda McKinney says:

Please……Just get Booth and Bones together – We have waited long enough….their chemistry is undeniable….just think about a lasting relationship – all the possibilities – how about a new baby brother or sister for Parker?????

15. Liz says:

They should get together…but then keep it a secret like they are doing in psych. That way those who want them together (like myself) are satisfied, and those who like tension will still have it!

16. Trenice says:

Go for it. I want to see Booth and Bones finally be happy together.

17. libbie says:

Please make them a couple and don’t screw it up later on. It can work because the writer of the show is fantastic!

18. Katrina says:

YES YES YES YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Even my 11 year old is like “come on mom they have to let Booth and Bones be together”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Boneslover says:

Yes!! i have all 5 seasons and watched every episode in hope they get together! it is time they do! oh and we WANT A 7TH SEASON! i want them together

20. Heather says:

I dont care how you do it make it happen :) They are hot!!!!!

21. Holly H says:

Only if it isn’t “just sex”. Hate that. It needs to mean something–a real commitment. Not sure Bones can do that, though I agree she needs to!

22. Nicki says:

Ummmm, yeah… they should have been together a long, long time ago… but now works too =)

23. Twiggy says:

YES! They need to get together at some point this season. Please

24. Nicole says:

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! They should be together already. My mom and I have been waiting for it to happen. Now that Bones has admitted that she messed up and wants her chance she should have it.

25. janice says:

Please put them together. I have been watching and re-watching episodes for so long I dream about them together. I agree with the viewer that we need a good ending to make us feel good in today’s times. I can even help write it!

26. janet says:

bones and booth should definitely knock boots!

27. SG says:

Not because everyone wants it…but because it should happen. It is the natural progression for these two characters.

28. bridgette says:

It’s about time

29. Christina says:

My husband and I both watched this show for the first few seasons, and it got to the point where he refused to watch it until Booth and Bones get together. I’ve tried to get him to watch good episodes, but he just says, “No. I’m not watching until they get together.” So, please, get them together so I have my Bones watching partner back but don’t do it if it’s not going to be epic. If you’re gonna do it, do it big and do it right. I promise you won’t lose viewers, we have been waiting a long time for this. You owe it to us!

30. Alanna says:

OOh IT SOOOO needs to be done!!!! They belong together!!!! I cant wait!! My heart broke at the end when he turned her down, she was pouring her heart out!

• Linda Wright says:

Please let them get together it would be great seeing them as a team . We have waited for years let get it done!!!!

31. David McKibben says:

Don’t go there, folks. There still has to be some detachment for them to remain partners in the show. Pairing them up will destroy that detachment. This next year have Booth end his relationship and have Bones start one of her own. Keep that all important dynamic of solid friendship between them.
    You hook the two of them up guys, and you will lose the whole flavor of the show.

• sarah says:

I agree…every show seems to end once that will they won’t they get together tension is gone… I like the idea of Brennan moving on (not permanently of course but perhaps for a season or half a season while Booth ends his relationship with Hannah. Good plan..

32. Serenity says:

I’m not so sure. Sexual tension keeps a lot of shows afloat- and just like surface tension- once that’s broken shows tend to sink. I don’t think B&B should take the plunge until the end of the series– and I’m hoping that’s not going to be for awhile! On the other hand, it’s kind of hard to back away from their imminent relationship because it’s already been addressed. Tough one, guys….

33. Mia says:

For the love of all thats holly.. Just make it happen!!!

34. Pragathi Schmidt says:

I REALLY want to see them together but I don’t want their relationship to end the series. That seems to happen a lot in TV shows, when the caracters fall in love and then the whole series ends. I don’t want that to happen to Bones; I LOVE this show. It’s the only show I’ve followed since Season 1 Episode 1. But a Booth/Brennan “hook-up” would be a perfect way to start 2011!!!

35. Steph says:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES OMG YES! been waiting for this to happen since the begining of the show you guys are amazing and if you can make it work for Hodgins and Angila then Bones and Booth should be simple please do this

36. Ellen says:

Although I enjoy the tension of having Hannah around, I think she is far to eager to go out on her own & do her own thing, but Bones & Booth are definitely made for each other and could not survive without the other.

37. Barbara says:

YES!!!!!!!! I was really hoping Brennan was going to kiss Booth at the airport on last season’s finale. It’s about time they finally hook up!!!

38. robbin says:

yes please get them together

39. Sharon says:

Yes, absolutely! This gorgeous couple needs to be a proper couple, in love, still maintaining all the spice and fire. If any TV couple needs to be together, it is these two.

40. Barbara says:

Yes, it’s ABOUT TIME!!!! :)

41. Melanie says:

they are meant for each other and I think the writers have gone as far as they can keeping them apart– AND I don’t think things would be all smooth once they did officially get together, since Brennan has all kinds of relationship and trust issues and those won’t magically go away just because she takes the plunge to be with Booth. There’s LOTS of interesting material to work with there.

42. Amanda says:

It is DEFINATELY time!!! I’ve been going crazy with all the close calls. They have already admitted their feelings, so it just wouldn’t be right at this point to try turning around and pretending that never happened.

43. Dawn says:

Yes, put them together…..ASAP!!! It’s long OVERDUE!!!!

44. Dan H says:

B&B will get together….but it should happen just like Mac and Harm did in the final episode of JAG…thats my story and I’m stickin to it

• eharring says:

No they can’t do that I’m still waiting on a reunion episode on JAG that made me crazy. I want to see them together and see the relationship change and grow then break up and get married at the end. Lol

45. shel341 says:

Please let them finally get together! I can’t stand it anymore! Imagine the storylines surrounding pregnancy…it could be hilarious!

46. China says:

I love this show, but this past season with Booth having a girlfriend has made it hard to get through an episode!! The awkwardness between Booth and Brennen has made me not want to watch anymore. I loved the way they used to interact with each other but now, they both seem like two different people, the chemistry is gone.
    Even if you don’t have them become a “couple” get rid of the girlfriend so things can at least go back to the way it was!
    A fan till the end~

47. Taylour says:

YESS! they shoult totally do it! we’ve been waiting for this to happen since Episode One of the First Season! please please pleaseeeeee do it! they are a perfect couple and EVERYONE knows it!

48. Gary says:

It would be a GREAT way to wrap the season… and I don’t think this would harm the chemistry of the show. We have been hoping for this for a long time, and that scene where Bones turns Booth’s “Let’s Go For It!” down… well that was a sad, sad day for ‘Bones’ fans. My vote is YES… but make it in keeping with the fun of the romance thus far.

49. Terri says:

Yes, please. they should be a couple because he is the only one who understands her. You keep showing that they love each other and it would help the show if they really got to share their feelings for real. It is one of the best shows on TV.

50. RUBY says:

ITS A MUST DO!! OH BOY I BEEN ANTICIPATING WHAT IT BE LIKE IF YOU ALL WOULD JUST PAIR THEM FOR GOOD. MY OPINION THEY ARE A CUTE COUPLE AND BY THE LOOKS BOOTHS SON TAKES TO BONES REALLY WELL!! SHE IS HEAD OVER HILLS FOR HIM AND QUITE HONESTLY I THINK BOOTH CAN FEEL THAT TOO…U CAN KIND OF SEE IT IN HIM! ANYHOW MY VOTE IS YES BONES AND BOOTH!!!

• Pat Watkins says:

I really think that Bones should marry Booth, but not yet. I don’t know if their being married would by as electric, on edge, as it is on every episode now.