Exclusive

Bones Exclusive: Booth/Brennan Season-Ending Romance Subject of 'Spirited Debate,' Says Boss

Bones fans, grab a seat, and I mean grab it good, lest you be knocked out of it by what you’re about to read: This is the season Bones may finally go there with Booth and Brennan.

I kid you not.

Series creator Hart Hanson tells TVLine that the No. 1 topic of conversation in the show’s writers’ room is whether or not the star-crossed sleuths should end the season as a full-fledged couple.”What happens [as we wrap] between Booth and Brennan is the subject of a spirited and wide-ranging debate —and that’s the honest-to-God truth,” he say. “Some people think [we should go for it], and others are wildly against it. It’s a really interesting debate.”

One thing that’s certain is that Hanson and fellow exec producer Stephen Nathan will have to make a decision soon. The groundwork for a possible B&B hookup will be laid in this season’s 19th episode, which, as revealed in this week’s Ask Ausiello, finds them trapped in an elevator. “They’ll be forced together,” teases Hanson, “and they have to figure some things out.” (FYI: My Bones-obsessed former colleague at EW.com, Mandi Bierly, just posted some new details on the elevator episode.)

Your thoughts? Is it time for Bones to pull the trigger on Double B? Weigh in below!

1. Dale says:

Don’t jump the gun and have them fall into too soon. Booth is on the rebound now. I think if they get together it will ruin the show. I think one of the reasons that JAG ran for so long is that Mac and Harm did not get together, truly get together until the very last episode, ten seasons later.

-Dale

2. Cathy says:

Yes, they should be together. Just don’t make it boring when they do get together.

3. Emma says:

I have been yelling at the tv screen since Hannah came into the show. My family has gotten so tired of me talking about Booth and Brennan getting together that were all screaming at either the tv or me. But now that he has dumped Hannah I think after the elevator episode /something/ needs to happen. A accidental kiss, a tender moment, something to bring them together! This needs to happen or I might jut go insane. I loved Hannah but I am truthfully glad she is off of Booth’s radar.

4. Tari says:

It is so time to bring them together, as well as bring Zach back. They all need to be together as the original (family) team. Also,
    Brennen’s dad needs to be brought back in more episodes. Bringing them closer will just make the episodes more exciting and makes the chasing criminals more challenging. Kind of like the books by J.D.Robb with Lt Eve Dallas and her husband (civilian consultant for the NYPD) They have to work harder to protect each other.

5. Sam says:

YES YES YES. Please get them together. We’ve waited five seasons so far and if the elevator ep doesn’t do it then I’m sorry but it’s over for me!

6. chase says:

In all my years of viewing television and shipping couples (I so shipped Linus and Sally)I have never seen two characters more perfectly suited for each other.

Fans of this show have been so patient and devoted and put up with all the “psych” nonsense over these two. Enough already – just stop, stop, stop with all the angst and games and put them together. And then leave them together – normal couple stuff, normal couple angst, but let it play out.

I so want this to happen.

7. Lee26 says:

I stopped caring a few years ago when the writing on this show turned to boring writing, bad storylines, lost their wit and smarts. So, why would I care whether these two now dull as dirt characters ever even shared a cup of coffee again.

And, I say this as someone who adored this show for the first three brilliantly written first three seasons.

8. Samantha says:

Funny this is the first time in a year I read up on Bones and it still the same debate. I stopped watching after last years 100th episode even stopped taping it. I got tired of the back and forth/will they or won’t they. Plus, the show started focusing so much on the back and forth I think the plots suffered. I think the ship is sailed I not sure that even getting them together at this point would bring me back. So Sad because I have loved this show from the beginning have. Miss the way it use to be.

9. Dara Chappie says:

ABSOLUTELY, pull the trigger and let the sparks fly! I didn’t watch Bones until a few months ago, and then got caught up on all 5 seasons via “Netflix” in what I call “a wild Bones Sunami,” to the chagrin of my husband, who was allowed to watch nothing else in the evenings for a few months.

I’ve been WAITING patiently for them to finally get together, so MAKE IT HAPPEN!

10. Sinead says:

OMG YES ALREADY!!!!

FROM UK, NI & IOM FANS!!!!!

11. matt says:

Let’s be realistic, the show centers on their hidden love for each other. The writers wrote this palpable chemistry into existence the show may have what a season or two left? No one wants to watch Brennan hook up with more random FBI agents guaranteed you will get a ratings bump.

12. Bev says:

YES!!!!! we’ve gritted our teeth through Sully and Hannah and all the “distractions” in between-
    GET ON WITH IT ALREADY-

13. Tatanka says:

I’m totally with all people who wants Booth and Brennan together. All this “will they, won’t they” stuff is becoming absurd. And, as I may say, sexual tension between them is not the same. You just can’t pull this plotline infinitely. Or Hart wants “Bones” to become show with 20 seasons or what? It seems to me somebody’s getting too greedy. So, it’s just about right time, 06 season becomes a little lame. I love “Bones” 2 much and it’s better to have superb last season then counts of future lousy stuff. Authors must not be afraid of doin’ something new and fresh. C’mon, Hart, do it as a Man, for cryin’ out loud!

(Sorry, English is not my native language)

14. Eva Klein says:

Hell YES they should be together!!! We’ve been waiting for 6 seasons in case the producers still don’t know!! And if it doesn’t happen…well…don’t count on me for the next season because I’m fed up with the last lame episodes even though I’m a huge fan of B&B I can’t keep watching them writing boring and stupid episodes : seasons 5 and 6 should have never happened!
    I’m sorry to say that but it’s true and we gotta admit it!

15. Rob says:

about time

16. Tatanka says:

It would be a great thing if that dumb Hart Hanson just look at all these comments. They almost destroyed all good things in “Bones”. It was a great show till half of 05 season.

17. Kathleen says:

PLEASE I CAN NOT HANDLE THIS! LET THEM FALL IN FLIPPEN LOVE AND GET TOGETHER!!!!! If it doesnt happen I wont be watching this show anymore!!!!!

18. caroline Rivest says:

Yes let it happen as per I no lounger have nails

19. ana muller says:

HELL YES! This would make Bones amazing again, just get this kids together already, six years is long enough!

20. Drew says:

Although I would love to see them hook up and be more romantically involved, I have to say that one of the best things about the show is how they keep it fresh by not having them hook up. It’s a tease like none other. Just because other shows are doing it does not mean this show has to stoop to their level. Keep us in suspense, make us want it more! This is emotional foreplay and I’d hate to see it end too soon and make the show a flop.

21. Ingmar says:

The Elevator episode was episode 16….and I guess seeing the episode there is a chance they may hook up at the end of the season but I still think they will hook up either in the finale or not at all. They are like the Dawson/Joey of Bones.

22. ana muller says:

House has done it. Fringe has done it (in two universes!). Just pull the trigger already Hart, no one wants to wait anymore, don’t be a wuss, time to put you’re writing skills to the test!

23. olympia says:

Yes! i think i waited long enough, all this teasing is making want to just stop watching but i hoping to see then hook up

24. Jeff says:

That ship has sailed – Hart Hanson should have gotten them together 2 seasons ago. It’s to the point where I don’t care about Booth and Bones as a couple.

25. tri says:

yes get them together the chemistry is there,would be great two gorgeous couples in one show like somebody said earlier opens up a whole new host of storylines

26. Sofia says:

Eu já vi o episódio do elevador enão vai acontecer nada foi uma desilusão.
    Eles só falaram como seria fazer sexo um com o outro mais nada e já vi os episódios para a frente e também não aconteceu nada

27. MaireW says:

Yes, get B+B together already! While you’re at it, get rid of the revolving door of interns at the Jeffersonian. Last night’s sub plot with Nigel Murray led to me turning off teh show at the 20 minute point. The silly plotlines with the revolving interns are beneath the shows normal writing. Pick one intern and stick with one intern character — but for God sakes not Daisy! (and after last nights epp, not Nigel Murray).

28. Karen says:

On a seperate note, loved the show tonight and loved the characters introduced with “The Finder” – as so much of the show was about them not Bones/Booth, does anyone know if this was some kind of character intro for a spin-off of some kind? I loved those characters and I would watch that show!

29. Angie says:

Yes for heaven’s sake, it is about time for B/B to get together so the writers can get back to writing the strong episodes that started off this great series. All they have to do is write B/B’s marital relations into the story & it will be back to being a great series.

30. Lucy says:

I love B&B and can’t wait to see how their relationship changes the dynamic of the entire group.

31. zhenglishu says:

……….\………………/
    …………\…………..(
    …….

Google in the input: = tntn.us ==you can find many brand names, even more surprising is that he will sell you the unexpected o(∩_∩)o

32. zhenglishu says:

……….\………………/
    …………\…………..(
    …….

33. heather says:

I’m not so sure about this. They have enough couples on Bones already. Its kind of becoming a show about friends that married and a bit about crime. If they had done it a few seasons ago,then maybe I would say yes. But if they toss one more relationship in this show,I may call it quits. Shesh,give this a break! Its going to turn into a crime version of Friends if they keep this up. The time has come and gone. Just end the romance thing already.

34. Hanna says:

Love Bones so much! Can´t wait for season 7!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

35. David says:

I could care less, my interest in Bones waned in S3 and to have her knocked up and not even have a love scene?? WTF!!! Given Bones proclivities about sex if I was Booth I’d be asking for a DNA test first thing..
    Bring this series to a rapid demise. I’m so over if they get together or not. I guess that is what happens when you make the main cast members into producers aka clusterandfark.
    It’s a Who’s the Boss ripoff where they put them together at the very end. But even on Who’s the Boss they gave em a couple seasons together I spose….
    Blah!

36. David says:

Just on Farscape a series I happen to despise BTW but did watch it all the way through the main characters didn’t get together until the very end when it was cancelled and then the movie. I mean the UST in that was intense and the whole twin thing just plain sucked..
    If I recall it was Aeryn acting like a scared little monkey and bolting all the time which turned me off the whole series.
    Of particular note her comment in S3 “I love you too but we mustn’t act on it” had me reaching for the off button. After that particular EP I didn’t watch Farscape for a few years.
    It’s only recently I purchased the entire boxed seasons for a song and re watched it all and was somewhat relieved that it was cancelled..