Exclusive

Smallville First Look: Chloe Returns To Oliver... And Black Canary?

The CW’s Smallville returns from its winter break on Friday, January 28, and TVLine has a first look at a reunion many fans have waited for.

Making her first appearance since the Season 10 premiere is original cast member Allison Mack, who is set to appear in a total of five episodes this season. As seen in the photo above, one of Chloe’s first orders of business is meeting up with her man, Oliver (Justin Hartley), for whom she in essence traded her freedom in the opener, by giving herself over to the Suicide Squad.

But can Oliver forgive Chloe for selflessly, albeit courageously, dropping out of his life?

“They’re going to get together and talk about what happened, why she left,” Justin Hartley told me. “They’ll try to patch things up.”

However… as seen in this second photo, Dinah Lance aka Black Canary (played by Alaina Huffman) also is on hand for the January 28 episode, titled “Collateral.” And in recent DC Comics canon, Ollie and Dinah got hitched.

Will Chloe’s measured presence during Smallville‘s final season pave the way for the CW series to follow in the comic books’ footsteps and point Green Arrow at Black Canary? Or could “Chlollie” still turn out to be endgame?

“Hopefully there will be a happy ending [for Oliver and Chloe],” Hartley shares. “I don’t know that there will be, but… I like them together, so hopefully they end up together.”

Once again: The CW’s Smallville resumes its final season Friday, January 28, at 8/7c!

1. Wow ! I’m really happy Allison Mack back again … Without her something will be missing in Smallville.

Welcome back ~*~ Chloe ~*~
    I’m waiting for u

(ur sooooo o o o far Fan)

2. Gladis says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I miss Chloe so much. Allison Mack was the best actress on Smallville it’s a shame she couldn’t stick around for the last season but I definitely understand why she didn’t and I’m glad she came back to at least give her character a solid goodbye. And *swoons* those Chloe and Oliver pics are amazing! I’m excited to see them together as well

3. MY1023 says:

I really love the character of Chloe. I love the characte of Oliver. I love them together…I knew from the start that Chlark was never going to happen and Chimmy bored me to tears. Chlavis was a ship I could get behind because they had chemistry but that was a big NO for the fact that he turned out to be Doomsday. The episode where Oliver and Chloe first met in Clarks barn had alot of potential. I saw chemistry between them right away, but too bad they paired him with Lois first. She always got paired with everyone and Chloe had to make due with Jimmy…Anyway, I am liking this pairing even though Lois got to him first. Shipper Wars aside, I really hope that Chloe gets to leave with dignity and with the respectful send off that her character deserves.

4. Robert says:

Smallville is the best Ever. . . Smallvillel Forever!!!
    This Episode wa so awsome. Chole was kick ass better than SALT and Matrix action, and the best part was when Clark Kent-Superman grabbed Lois Lane and…………………………………………………………………………And Clark flew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes Cyber Space, but he will do it soon and it will be the best epsiode ever when he puts on the suit and become Superman The Man Of Steel!!!!!!!!!

5. abby says:

Lol, well I think Chlollie’s relationship is definitely the most controversial on the show yet. There’s such an extreme right and left fanbase. Ya either luv ‘em or hate ‘em :)

I think Chlollie snuck up on us so for some people, they came outa nowhere. They went from teammates (s6/7), to friends(s8/9), to lovers( S9/10). Their’s is a different type of relationship isn’t it. Very private, very mature, and very little cheese involved. Not to mention there are no love triangles in sight (who’da thunk, right?). They’ve been there, done that, and frankly have outgrown such things. They’ve been through enough in the past to go after what they know they want. They’ve been through the puppy love, had their hearts broken, and went through similar heartache in general with what life has dished out to them (family/hero work/disappointments). They quite frankly understand the other and quickly bonded when they stepped out together, separate from the group, and for the first time in the years they’ve known each other, simply hung out (“Warrior”). It’s got that whole “where have you been all my life” kinda vibe to it. I think their similarities and contrasts, and the nature of their unique relationship (very mature, very private, very direct) was the catalyst to their quickly falling in love; and not the typical puppy love we’ve seen onscreen before. This cemented bond has a deeper root to it. They want to protect it; keep it safe by remaining private and keeping their priorities straight. They know their hero work comes first. A fluffy teenage whirlwind romance just isn’t realistic and they know it. Already knowing each other from the years passed, and “getting” each other so much, there was no need for the fancy dates, expensive gifts, love poems, y’know, the typical mushy wooing process (other than flowers on two occasions, Chlollie have kept it simple). They were just happy being together, and therefore thrived as the private couple. They fell in love quickly, madly, and entre nous. When Chloe left, Oliver had a personality hiccup in “Isis”, but Tess snapped him out of his delusional hope that he could hide his heart in fame. Then he was right back on track. He walked more or less with a limp in face with Chloe’s absence. The writers gave Ollie the opportunity to be more expressive about what he and Chloe had (this was an effort to sell Chlollie to all the skeptics out there, and a way to keep Chlollie alive for all the die hard fans out there). Sure it could be chalked as “talked up”, mind you Chlollie’s private relationship was finally decrypted for all the concrete thinkers out there who didn’t catch on to the subtlety of Chlollie’s immense love story. For all the ppl who see Ollie as sloppy seconds/a man whore/bimbo maker, we conveniently forget that he’s different. Chloe’s efforts made him different (Roulette) and he’s continued to grow from the help of Watchtower and heroes (Absolute Justice). He’s not that man anymore. His relationship with Chloe is different. I see it. Being a Chloe fan from day one I wanted to see her with someone who deserved her. Jimmy’s weak, insecure, oblivious, puppy dog ways had me holding my breath for that waste of time relationship to crawl under a tree and die. Davis was a romantic, and a serial killer, with a moderate dose of cheese packed in there somewhere – nuff said. Ollie is the first person I’ve actually seen true potential in with Chloe. As for Ollie deserving Chloe: Chloe… makes Ollie a better man; a man who’s worthy of such a woman like her.

In regards to Chloe and Clark, I was a HUGE Chlark shipper for years, but [as Chloe put it] Clark — will never “get” her. He never did. It took me a long time to accept that as I watched disappointment after disappointment over the seasons. I bitterly gave up when I realized that Chloe deserved better than Clark.

In regards to Lollie, I never did ship the pair. Not only because we knew who Lois would end up with, but because of the nature of Lollie’s affair. They didn’t bring out the best in each other. The roller coaster relationship stood on a foundation of flirtations, make-out sessions, game playing, secrets, and lies. It was never meant to last. Ironic thing is, finally telling the “truth” is what ended their relationship. It was a whirlwind romance – and a forgettable one at that. Not meant for the history books.

When Chloe returned (Collateral) we got a heavy dose of Chlollie for the next couple episodes. I can see that feeling forced to some fans, but to be fair, AM had 4 episodes left. They had to focus on her to wrap up her story. So not to worry, there are many episodes to come for the rest of the cast. Back to Chlollie – Oliver wasn’t afraid to show Chloe just how much she meant to him. For those who didn’t catch on from Oliver’s dialogue in Isis, it’s very apparent now that Chloe is the love of his life; a fact that we know is vice versa (Shield – Chloe’s love letter). We’ve seen every dimension of their relationship: the at home couple (Beacon), the dating couple (Collateral end scene/Masquerade), the partners in crime that we know well (previous seasons, Collateral/Masquerade/Fortune), and the couple hanging out with friends (Fortune). We know Chlollie in virtually every capacity. Some people will absolutely buy it, and some won’t. Fair enough. They’re a unique couple [than what the general public is accustomed to seeing on tv], and therefore aren’t meant to be embraced by “everybody”. But I think now we can at least look at Chlollie with the knowledge given to us by the show of just who they are as a couple and as newly matured individuals.
    The spellbound wedding was definitely a lot to swallow, lol. But thinking back on Chloe’s life, she’s been the fluffed up bride and had the puppy love story. Chlollie don’t need the big fancy wedding. It’s enough for them to be together for all of time. And now they are. The happiness is in spending the rest of their existence together; not in the expensive stage show ceremony. So I am definitely happy for those two and that they [especially Chloe who's been long overdue] got their happy ending to their authentic [private] love story.

• Stacey says:

Wow Abby. That was an incredible response. Very well thought out, detailed and so true. I watched season 9 & 10 late in the game, but always loved Chloe since day 1. Such a strong, courageous woman who’s loyalty to not only Clark, but all the heros is amazing. Everything she did was for “the greater good”. I loved her thought process in the decisions that she made, even when they were different to what Clark would do she always had his welfare at heart and protecting him always came first. (Not just him, but the world) I think that’s where people thought she got “shoved aside” a lot for all the good she did, but that loyalty always made me admire her charector.
      I love the Chloe/ Oliver relationship for the very reason that they Both brought the best out in each other. Like Tess said to Chloe in Watchtower “With you he has a purpose” and that’s just it. There relationship isn’t selfish or “showy” it’s real love. It’s much more relatable then the “puppy dog” soppy love. The sacrafices Chloe made for Oliver prove the maturity of there relationship. And the fact that Chloe was the only woman that significantly changed Oliver for the better. He never had to hide anything from her, he could be himself and she knew him so well.
      The only thing I would have hoped is that they would have ignited there relationship earlier on in the seasons (season 6) and possibly could have skipped the Lois/Oliver relationship. I think this could have given the fans time to see there partnership/ friendship blossom slowly into a relationship and it may have added a bit more value. But I still love the trials that they went through to both notice one another.
      Just wish Chloe had more episodes in season 10! But it’s all done and dusted now so what are you gonna do : ) haha

6. H. says:

Did anyone ever tell you you’re rude? And that you sound very unintelligent? If you have an opinion, that’s fine, but cursing at people you’ve never even met before just because they don’t share your clearly distorted sense of the world is no way to back up that said opinion?

7. Chlollie Sux Balls says:

The fat people come in droves. Like I care what you think, get over it. It’s funny you keep replying to a person you think is of low intelligence (correction you wish), what does that make you? Ah a retard. lol Sorry I don’t fall into the respect line. It needs to be earned, not given. Best not keep replying, or your pride with be further wounded.

8. BoredNow says:

Er, wrong. Clark’s been dancing around with Lois, and floating. ;)