Blind Item: Which Dead Drama Series is Suddenly Showing a Pulse?

Get More: Blind Item, News, Scoop

Here’s some news that’ll excite a buncha you… and then frustrate that same bunch, because — sorry! —it comes in the form of a Blind Item: A hit drama series whose final season was announced in the last 12 months may not be ending after all! Know which one yet? I’ll give you some clues…

Though the network told the world that the plug had been pulled, apparently not everyone involved in the show was in agreement about that. In fact, to this day, talks are ongoing behind scenes to extend its run, one way (in its current form) or another (in a tweaked form or even as a series of TV movies).

Sound like something’s rotten in the state of Denmark? Yeah, I’m with ya there.

Another big clue: No, it is not Tru Calling. That was axed ages ago. Let it go!

Your best guesses? Hit the comments section below.

Comments (665)

• I know it isn’t, but I really wish it was Ghost Whisperer….
    It’s probably the Closer….

Comment by Charlotte – January 28, 2011 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So do we know what it is yet? For sure?

Comment by Kika – January 31, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’be The Closer since Kyra herself already announced last week she’s not coming back and there are talks for a spin-off..I go with Medium, or Law and Order CI.

Comment by tahina – February 7, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its Heroes yo ! Fans have been complaining that the series wasn’t wrapped up properly and the creator Tim Kring had been talking about another season for the fans to answer any questions they might have. If a season was too much then a couple of 2 hour movies. Google it. Smallville has already been comfirmed as over. Theres a 2hour series finally for it. As if there going to make a movie on medium or law & order. Snore fest.

Comment by Peter – February 8, 2011 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Naa jokes its 24 rats !

Comment by Peter – February 8, 2011 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The 19 yr old wants at least 1/2 season worth of Heroes, we all love The Closer, even after all these years, Smallville rocks…then there is Monk. The family (4 teens n me) just watched all Veronica Mars again and the kids are even more irritated now than they were a few years ago at the cancellation when there were still so many substantial possibilities…maybe they’ll surprise us with the After-college years (FBI? Tycoons? Computer? Sports? Gang? plenty for catch-up movie).

Ah, well, we are only viewers, networks know best…yeah, right, lol.

Comment by Tamara Lancaster – February 8, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say The Closer…..

Comment by Lola – February 8, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you nitwits even bother to read the “clues” in these Blind Items? If you did, you wouldn’t suggest such idiotic shows.

Comment by Jason – February 9, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please say it’s Dollhouse!!!!

Comment by PJ – February 10, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will we know for sure? I’m going with Heroes because it was fantastic show and I can’t believe it got pulled just like that. Fingers crossed that it’s Heroes!

Comment by Katt D – February 10, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love love for it to be Smallville but with out the town of Smallville and just be bout Metropolis… Ive watched this show for ten years… I love love everything bout this show and its very depressing to see its light go out especially since its burning so brightly now…
    But i have a feeling this is the end for my fave superhero… I love you tom welling you are my superman for always and forever…
    Hurry up Ausiello and give us the answer jeez…

Comment by Kerry Ann – February 10, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it would be Smallville, but making a spin-off style thing. Maybe called Metropolis or something? Going more for the Superman time than the pre-Superman. And maybe they’ll finally have Batman and Wonder Woman. Maybe they’ll just call it Justice League and have it about all the superheroes instead!

Comment by theloislane – February 10, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really hoping its Greek. The season has been amazing and they have so much potential to keep it going.

Comment by Kris – February 10, 2011 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Firefly – Nathan Fillion is already doing a campaign for it to return

Comment by erika – February 23, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah, I’m sorry – my eyes glazed over the ‘final season was announced 12 months ago’. I’ll switch my answer to Smallville

Comment by erika – February 23, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last year around springtime, Law and Order : SVU was posted as having its final season this year, now it seems to be up in the air as to what’s going to happen with it next year.

Comment by Amber – March 7, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking that it could be “Big Love” because the last season was really really good and everyone seems to agree that it would be a shame for it to go off the air after next season. By the way, I have a “prediction” about next season. I see Bill and Nikki going to live in Juniper Creek with Bill becoming the new prophet (without the other two wives. I think they will leave Bill.)

Comment by Mimi – March 9, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Life Unexpected Maybe?

Comment by Phoenix – March 10, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, Please let it be my first choice..The Closer!!!! if not maybe SGU? I am really hoping for The Closer! Now that would be a nice summer Christmas present..:)tj

Comment by joterri – March 15, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know ,I know! “LOST”. They plan on bringing back Lost..just to torture us with more question that we will never get the answered to,and get us to love new characters just so they can kill them all off…..No,No,No. I can’t go through that again….NO!

….but if they were to bring back Lost, I will be right there with a million other people, being torture on a weekly bases. *sigh*

Comment by luvprue1 – March 17, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have the cast of “Legend of the Seeker” been released from their contracts yet?

Comment by Katie_Mead – March 25, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could it be L and O Criminal Intent. It is scheduled to end in 8 episodes according to the report but now they have the original team back maybe it will go longer?

Comment by Linda – April 1, 2011 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • H4CugQ http://gdjI3b7VaWpU1m0dGpvjRrcu9Fk.com

Comment by frenky – May 7, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I work here nn model toplist
    11255

Comment by Zxzkabhy – September 8, 2011 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • perfect design thanks buy speedo bikini >:-PPP

Comment by Uyqkaojj – September 17, 2011 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True calling is the big hint, duh Matt Bomer was tru’s bf Luke years ago, White Collar. THANK YOU !

Comment by Britt – July 10, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post