Scoop: America Ferrera Joining The Good Wife

Get More: Casting News, News, Scoop

The magnificent cast of The Good Wife just got even better: The show’s hired Ugly Betty‘s America Ferrera!

The Emmy winner is joining the CBS drama for a three-episode arc beginning in February. Ferrera will play Natalie, a graduate student in whom Eli (Alan Cumming) develops a romantic interest.

“We’ve been watching and loving America for years now on Ugly Betty,” says exec producer Robert King, “and it’ll be fantastic to see her take on a completely different role, especially one that puts her across from Alan Cumming.”

This marks Ferrera’s first TV gig since Betty signed off the air last year.

But wait, there’s more: Seinfeld vet Jerry Stiller has also signed on to guest-star as a judge who has been known to doze off during trials. “Jerry is our dream judge,” raves King. “It was great when we got to stop saying ‘We need a Jerry Stiller type in the role’ and just got Jerry Stiller.’”

Comments (14)

• Eli’s straight? really? oh but this awesome news!

Comment by Erica – January 12, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, I love her. So glad she’s going to be on a quality show! But I really want her back on in a show of her own.

Comment by amy – January 12, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL I know Erica. I thought his character was gay. News to me and I have seen every episode of good wife.

Comment by Michael – January 12, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That might be more Alan Cumming than Eli Gold, tbh. I love him to pieces but he is amazingly camp. I’m not sure how much solid acting can hide that.

Comment by Jo – January 12, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just awesome! I love America!

Comment by Ingmar – January 12, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting news!
    I love America Ferrera!

Comment by Darth Clavie – January 12, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent casting. Love her.

Comment by Menda – January 12, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yayyyy two of my favorites things in television!!!! I’m so exited!!!!

Comment by miriam – January 12, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool news! It’ll be interesting to see a different side of Eli.

Comment by Lorie – January 12, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe his character is more like the actor. Alan Cummings is bisexual and has had long term relationships with both men and women. He is currently in a civil union with his male partner of six years.

Comment by Amanda – January 12, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best. Idea. Ever.

Comment by Kira J – January 12, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! I dont actually watch the show but I looooooooove America Ferrera! Cant wait to see them! It’ll be great!

Comment by Amber – January 12, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I didn’t start watching The Good Wife until the end of Season 1 (mainly due to my aversion to almost anything CBS) but when I did, I fell in love with the show and it is even better this season. Having America guest star is great news! I miss Ugly Betty, but I love seeing her in other roles.

Comment by db – January 13, 2011 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

“We frequently discuss the Indian situation,” says Arindam, who chose to stay back in India and build his future here. (In the preface, he thanks wife Rajita for marrying him and staying back in India, instead of pursuing a green card holder!

Comment by sansar chand – June 21, 2011 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post