Detroit 1-8-7 Scoop: Three Big Reveals Ahead

So, Detroit 1-8-7 didn’t receive a Season 2 pickup this morning like a handful of other ABC shows (Go, Cougar Town!) — that certainly doesn’t mean it’s dead.

In fact, Detroit is alive and well, and I’ve got three shocking scooplets on Fitch, Longford and the rest of the squad just for you.

ABC Boss Surveys Skating With The Stars Slip-Up, Detroit 1-8-7′s Future and More

Fitch: Poor, Fitch (Michael Imperioli). Things are never easy for 1-8-7‘s leading man, but a show source tells me a huge reveal is right around the corner that may change everything. Dying to know what happened with the detective in New York? (Aren’t we all!) Well, get ready because the answer is juicy and almost here. Any guesses as to what the big secret is? Oh, and that’s not even the biggest problem plaguing Fitch…

Fitch/Sanchez/Stone: Enter the dreaded love triangle! The entire squad is about to get rocked when the Fitch/Sanchez/Stone, um, threesome of sorts, takes an ugly turn as the result of another action: the sudden appearance of Fitch’s ex-wife and son. Dun-dun-dun!

Longford: Detroit‘s Sergeant (James McDaniel) is thisclose to retiring…or is he? In the coming weeks, Longford will wrestle with whether or not he should leave his post to fulfill the promise he made to his late wife to live the “Tuscan dream.” My prediction: He’ll ultimately stay on board.

Overall, I’m hearing things really intensify for all characters in the coming weeks. So if you’re worried about the future of the series, be sure to keep tuning in because Detroit 1-8-7 only gets better.

Catch Detroit 1-8-7 Tuesdays at 10/9c, on ABC.

Do these little scooplets have you excited for more? Let us know in the comments!

Comments (51)

• I hope this show sticks around. I wasn’t sure if I would like it when it first came out, but it has grown on me. I’m looking forward to seeing the upcoming episodes.

Comment by LWolf – January 10, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really hope they decide to pick up this show again as well.

Comment by stmitche – February 2, 2011 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please don’t take this show off! This a great show with great content. Not very many does like this anymore.

Comment by tammy – March 20, 2011 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds good, but I’m even more fired up for more on the storyline regarding the big shot who should be crapping his pants (according to Fitch).

Comment by Leon Redbone – January 10, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it sticks around as well. I love the show, one of the best of the season.

Comment by Sandy – January 10, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is growing on me… Looking forward to nEw developments.

Comment by Seehanj – January 10, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We love this show and really hope it gets picked up for a second season! Michael Imperioli is superb!

Comment by Deeeda – January 10, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really love this show. The characters are so rich and interesting, and the location and the music really give a sense of place. It’s the small moments that have really gotten me, like when Longford’s partner bought him a record of his song with his late wife in Italian or when Fitch got the phone call from his son. So, so good.

Comment by Natasha – January 10, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t have said it better!

Comment by Betsy – January 29, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. Thanks for the scoop Ausiello. I really hope they get picked up for a second season. Imperoli is awesome as the emotionally damaged Fitch.

Comment by Jo Anne Carr – January 10, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Indeed, the lack of an early pick-up doesn’t mean it’s dead. But it’s ratings, which are awful, certainly mean it’s dead.

Comment by Robert Seidman – January 10, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did not like Michael Imperioli in Law and Order, but he is perfect in Detroit 1-8-7. I was getting worried when I didn’t see it on the list of renewed shows. Thanks for the update.

Comment by Al – January 10, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop on this show… I am really loving it! Will be major bummed if it doesn’t get picked up, it has really been one of the best new shows and it is so weird that not very many people are talking about it!!

Comment by udontknowme22 – January 10, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi Mike! This show is brilliant! Underrated…but that’s okay with me. I love a good show that starts out slow and keeps under the radar. I believe it will stick around for a long time. Love James McDaniel and the rest of the supporting cast. Writing is tight, casting is terrific, acting is superb….love it!

Comment by Grace Papaseraphim – January 10, 2011 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show really grew on me. I hope it sticks around.

Comment by Lucy – January 10, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! Will be very upset if it is not renewed!

Comment by Chiriru – January 10, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really enjoying this. It does seem like it gets better and better. I hope it sticks around.

Comment by Alhazred – January 10, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i LOVE THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by KENNY – January 10, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for giving us some hope! I adore this show!!!!

Comment by LIndsayW – January 10, 2011 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s about time we have some quality shows! Please keep Detroit 1-8-7!!!!!!

Comment by Kelly – January 10, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot believe the show was not picked up. What were they thinking!!! Maybe a smarter network will do the show some justice. I’ll be heartbroken if the show goes away.

Comment by YvonneCW – January 10, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best drama on broadcast television. The character development in the first season has been wonderful. I feel like I really know these cops now, and I want to know more. Hope the show gets picked up.

Comment by TheDinBigD – January 10, 2011 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show; I especially like how is shows the multilayers that are Detroit. Also, hooked on the characters.

Comment by kay – January 10, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Detroit 187 is the only show I make the time to watch every week; so far I’ve only missed one episode. Now it’s getting juicy with the backstories on the characters… please, it has to stay on network tv! Maybe if ABC promoted it a little more it’d grow a following faster. Don’t kill it now!

Comment by Anne29 – January 10, 2011 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the best dramas on the big 4. It’s NYPD Blue, Homicide and Hill Street Blues all rolled into one, with a little hint of First 48 thrown in for good measure. ABC should stand behind quality when they find it.

Comment by PattiJ – January 10, 2011 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show! I am actually having a lot of friends over for it tomorrow night to try and get some converts and supporters. I have not been interested in network TV for a while. This year I picked up on about 3 shows that I like, but Detroit 187 is by far my favorite. It just has the feel of NYPD Blue and Homicide Life on the Streets to it. It’s good to see a show based outside of NY that is still gritty and entertaining. Truly an underrated show and I hope it doesn’t go away.

Comment by Asani – January 10, 2011 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This wonderful police drama gets better each week! If ABC is stupid enough to cancel this great show I hope another network picks it up!Lets not give up trying to save this show! Let ABC know how we feel about Detroit 1-8-7!!!

Comment by Docster – January 10, 2011 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this show stays on the air. Yes, I’m from Detroit and yes it’s great to recognize all the areas of our city. However, the show truly is a fantastic show. All of the actors are wonderful actors and the show plots are exciting and unpredictable. Detroit 187 ends the show with you thinking and wondering what’s going to happen in the next episode. Please renew the show. The heck with the other new cop shows coming out. They can’t possibly compare the “Detroit 187.” Let’s give this one more renewal at least. Thank you. Peace and love.

Comment by Susan Angel – January 10, 2011 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, for one, have enjoyed this series since the beginning! I’m really hoping they don’t tinker with it. Michael Imperioli is brilliant in it – he’s steadily become one of my favourite actors. And the rest of the cast is excellent as well. I’ve liked the writing and the whole feel of the show. It boggles my mind that this isn’t the most watched new show this season – it is by far the one with the most quality.

Comment by Lisa – January 10, 2011 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best things take time to develop. There is nothing wrong with the characters, actors,or storylines, all the show needs is more viewers. So promote it more,add big guest stars, change the time or day till it finds a bigger audience, but DO NOT cancel it, PLEASE!!

Comment by Louann – January 11, 2011 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A smart show, well written and acted. Do the right thing ABC and keep it around.

Comment by Trish – January 11, 2011 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite show on TV. Can’t wait for tonight.

Comment by Mike Luck – January 11, 2011 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show reminds me so much of Hill Street Blues, NYPD, shows that took a while to catch on. It doesn’t help that it is up against The Good Wife and Parenthood–2 other very good shows. We always DVR it and watch later. I hope that ABC gives it a chance to catch on–maybe showing 3 shows in a row instead of the other reruns one night to let people get to know the characters.

Comment by Vicky – January 11, 2011 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. I’m glad I have a DVR

Comment by Karen – January 11, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of my all-time favorite shows. I usually catch it on Hulu since it’s on from 10-11 p.m. here. ABC needs to advertise this show and give it a prime slot in the line-up. The acting is great, the camera work is outstanding, and the writers are super talented! Plus, I live in SE Michigan and this show has created JOBS!!

Comment by Laura – January 11, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has gotten better and better. I hope ABC keeps giving us more 1-8-7. Fitch is awesome, but the whole cast is great. Where have these actors been hiding?

Comment by Bruce – January 11, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this show. Thanks for the scoop – keep it coming!

Comment by Jessica – January 11, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show…….leave it on the air…..it grows on you.

Comment by mary ann salinas – January 11, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too was not sure when I happened upon the show via itunes. I actually have paid $1.99 for each episode so far (have been in/out of hospital). My TiVo is set to record tonight’s episode. Looking forward to the developments. The documentary style that put me off at first actually a refreshing change from the standard Law & Order type shows. It’s more like we’re on a ride-along. Loving the character chemistry. Keeping my fingers crossed for this one!

Comment by Susi in Paradise – January 11, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I started watching the show because I love procedurals and it’s set and filmed in a city we hardly ever see on television. Aside from that, it’s a first-rate production with great actors. I hope it’s renewed.

Comment by Marci – January 11, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show started off quite slow but every week gets better and better. I would a real pity if it was cancelled as that it is best police show on TV in a number of years.

Comment by Gloria – January 11, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show started off quite slow but every week gets better and better. It would be a real pity if it was cancelled as I think that it is best police show on TV since a number of years.

Comment by Gloria – January 11, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to see so many fans of Detroit 187. This show needs a second season and more. I love Detroit 187 Keep it on the air.

Comment by Wayne – January 11, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite show on television. That was a great episode on Tuesday and next week’s show looks even better.

Comment by Sam – January 13, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched the first episode out of curiosity and was instantly hooked, and agree that the show is only getting better and better! It does remind me of Hill Street Blues, Homicide:Life On The Street, and NYPD Blue; all excellent show I also loved, and in it’s own way with the character interaction between partners and others, of the late, lamented Terriers…Hoping ABC will renew Detroit 1-8-7.

Comment by Lori – January 14, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is such a great show. I hope ABC renews it for a second season. There is so much more we need to know about Fitch.

Comment by dtap – February 2, 2011 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really enjoy this show and it gets better every week. I hope they renew it.

Comment by Susan M – February 3, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Show Detroit 1-8-7 is the first show I have watched on network tv since Homoside Life On The Streets went of the air.I find all the so-called reality shows aboute as interesting as last summers dirty dishes.

Ya I know there is alot of money to be made with little investment and appeal to American’s interest in other peoples business.So if they cancel this show I won’t be watching network for another O 15 or twenty years.Newton Minno the FCC Chairman from 1960 to 63 said it correctly,….”TV is becoming a vast waistland….! Wake up Newton it has become worse.

Comment by Bob – February 11, 2011 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show but please do not kill off Stone. Love the dynamics with all the partners. Especially love Longford and his partner. There is so much potential in these characters and we have just scratched the surface. Please don’t take one of the few great shows off.

Comment by Patty – March 9, 2011 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Detroit 1-8-7 is the best cop show on t.v. & the cast is awesome& I love they got Tommy Flanagan on the season finale cuz hes an awesome actor! So please bring it back & don’t cancel just cuz the .0005% of the world that has the very very flawed Neilson system doesn’t watch it so it projects low ratings does’t mean the rest of the world isn’t watching.

Comment by Jordan – March 17, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope this series isn’t cancelled. I think it got off to a slow start, but since all the background on Fitch has come out, the show is interesting and picking up speed. Keep it up and look forward to a 2nd season.

Comment by Joyce – March 20, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post