ABC Family Renews Pretty Little Liars, Secret Life

Got a secret, can you keep it? (Sorry, I couldn’t resist.)

Exciting news out of ABC Family’s TCA press tour: Megasuccessful freshman series Pretty Little Liars has officially been picked up for a second season!

And that’s not all…

In addition to the breakout hit’s much-anticipated renewal, ABC Family announced a fourth season pickup for The Secret Life of the American Teenager, which returns March 28 with new episodes.

Now back to that PLL goodness–those of us at TCA this morning were treated to a special sneak peek of next Monday’s episode and all I can say is Oh. My. Gosh. Here’s what you should know about the episode’s spine-tingling final scene: “A” sends the girls a video of what might just be Alison’s final moments…alive. Oh, and who exactly was there during her untimely death? He or she may be in the death-o-gram, too.

See? Told you it was good!

Don’t miss Pretty Little Liars tonight at 8 pm on ABC Family.

1. disgruntled says:

This may just be me, but I have vowed to never get invested in an ABC Family show ever since they axed Kyle XY. I miss that show. And I even kinda miss Wildfire, even though it was time for it to be put out to pasture.

2. Kristen says:

I agree with disgruntled… Kyle XY and Wildfire were some of my fav’s… It’s like ABC family gets you invested and then they go and cancel all the good shows… I don’t know how much time I want to put into watching any of their shows…

3. rush says:

i really cant stand the kids of “secret life”, but an uber-excited about “pretty little liars”!!!

4. Sara says:

What about Make it or break it?

5. Summer says:

They did that with The Middleman, which was hands-down one of their best shows.

6. Damien says:

woot! the show is pretty good…a guilty pleasure so to speak!

7. Jeanette says:

ABC Family always gives and takes away. (Wildfire, Kyle XY) Won’t be long before it happens to these shows.

8. melokesm says:

Definitely a guilty pleasure.

9. Heidi says:

You’ve got to be kidding me. The Secret Life is getting a longer run than Greek, the best show that ABC Family has ever had. It makes me so sad that there’s only eight episodes left and it’s over, but TSL is going to outrun it. And TSL is crap. At least PLL is a great show too, so that’s not too disappointing. But it’s honestly time to put the teen soap opera to bed.

10. Images removed? I see red crosses