ABC Family Renews Pretty Little Liars, Secret Life

Got a secret, can you keep it? (Sorry, I couldn’t resist.)

Exciting news out of ABC Family’s TCA press tour: Megasuccessful freshman series Pretty Little Liars has officially been picked up for a second season!

And that’s not all…

In addition to the breakout hit’s much-anticipated renewal, ABC Family announced a fourth season pickup for The Secret Life of the American Teenager, which returns March 28 with new episodes.

Now back to that PLL goodness–those of us at TCA this morning were treated to a special sneak peek of next Monday’s episode and all I can say is Oh. My. Gosh. Here’s what you should know about the episode’s spine-tingling final scene: “A” sends the girls a video of what might just be Alison’s final moments…alive. Oh, and who exactly was there during her untimely death? He or she may be in the death-o-gram, too.

See? Told you it was good!

Don’t miss Pretty Little Liars tonight at 8 pm on ABC Family.

Comments (13)

• This may just be me, but I have vowed to never get invested in an ABC Family show ever since they axed Kyle XY. I miss that show. And I even kinda miss Wildfire, even though it was time for it to be put out to pasture.

Comment by disgruntled – January 10, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with disgruntled… Kyle XY and Wildfire were some of my fav’s… It’s like ABC family gets you invested and then they go and cancel all the good shows… I don’t know how much time I want to put into watching any of their shows…

Comment by Kristen – January 10, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i really cant stand the kids of “secret life”, but an uber-excited about “pretty little liars”!!!

Comment by rush – January 10, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Make it or break it?

Comment by Sara – January 10, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There probably waiting to see the ratings for the next 10 eps of Season 2, then they will decide.

Comment by Jake – January 10, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Make it are Break it comes back on in March also

Comment by Trineice – January 11, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They did that with The Middleman, which was hands-down one of their best shows.

Comment by Summer – January 10, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • by “did that” I mean cancelled it early, like what Kristen was saying about Wildfire and Kyle XY

Comment by Summer – January 10, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • woot! the show is pretty good…a guilty pleasure so to speak!

Comment by Damien – January 10, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC Family always gives and takes away. (Wildfire, Kyle XY) Won’t be long before it happens to these shows.

Comment by Jeanette – January 10, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely a guilty pleasure.

Comment by melokesm – January 10, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’ve got to be kidding me. The Secret Life is getting a longer run than Greek, the best show that ABC Family has ever had. It makes me so sad that there’s only eight episodes left and it’s over, but TSL is going to outrun it. And TSL is crap. At least PLL is a great show too, so that’s not too disappointing. But it’s honestly time to put the teen soap opera to bed.

Comment by Heidi – January 11, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Images removed? I see red crosses

Comment by watch new 90210 online – February 8, 2011 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post