Exclusive: Glee Does Justin Bieber!

Get More: Exclusive, Glee, News, Scoop, Spoilers

Heads up, Twitter: You’re seconds away from exploding. Sources confirm to me exclusively that Glee is doing a February sweeps episode that’s Justin Biebercentric.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Chuck, Glee, Bones, Smallville, House, Grey’s and More!

Details are still sketchy, but I’m told the episode — tentatively scheduled to air on Feb. 15 — will feature the cast covering several of the teen phenom’s songs. Bieber himself will also figure into the episode’s plot, although there are no plans for him to appear in the flesh. At least not as of this writing.

Glee Exclusive: Blaine, Kurt to Deliver Super Destiny’s Child Cover

This is shaping up to be a big February for Fox’s musicomedy smash, beginning with its post-Super Bowl entry on February 6, continuing two days later with the big Valentine’s episode and now, of course, The Biebs.

Exclusive: Meet Glee’s Newest Recruit

Thoughts on the two biggest names in entertainment joining forces? Predictions as to who’ll sing what, and why? Hit the comments!

Comments (233)

• F**K NO. #noBieberonGlee STAT.

Comment by Nike – January 8, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really disappointed…

Comment by Sebastian – January 8, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This right here is where RIB needs to listen to the fans. It’s obvious they don’t want Beiber or any more tribute episodes. We want the show that we initially fell in love with back. We miss the witty writing, the great songs that enhanced the plot, and the complex dynamic. This season has been terrible so far. All they’re doing are guest stars, tribute episodes, songs that don’t even tie into the plot, and they have ruined most of the characters that I loved in season 1.

Glee is about to lost a lot of their followers if they don’t get their act together.

Comment by Reilly – January 8, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for putting it so well.

Comment by TH – January 8, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is exact;ly wat i wanted to say!!!!!! I feel like ryan murphy doesnt even listen to fans anymore!!

Comment by Nils Jepson – January 8, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Preach, preach, preach.

Comment by Christine – January 8, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justin Bieber believes Glee is nothing more than a show about good looking people who can sing. He doesn’t deserve to be a part of such a groundbreaking show. Glee is about being who you are and embracing the underdog in all of us. Please don’t let that shallow, ignorant little boy ruin everything Glee stands for.

Comment by IBGlee – January 8, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very very well said! I could not agree more!

Comment by da – January 8, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this happens, I’m done with this show.

Comment by Matt – January 8, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goodbye Glee. This was the last straw.

Comment by Steven – January 8, 2011 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was done with Glee waaaay before that and now I’m sad with the news. Bieber? Srsly? I guess the show won’t last much longer. :(

Comment by Sara – January 8, 2011 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have just one word: WHY??

Comment by Jenny – January 8, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have accepted that Glee is just a terrible show nowadays but this is REALLY pathetic. REALLY. I don’t think I’m even going to watch it when it comes back b/c I’ll know this is what awaits me. There’s too many good TV shows out there to waste your time on this. I’m honestly disgusted.

Comment by Anna KAthryn – January 8, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s amusing that not one single comment so far has been in support of this episode. And I’m with the masses here, no fricking Beiber on Glee. I wish the show would go back to the way it was the first 13 episodes of season one. I miss that Glee. But I’ll keep watching… though if this rumor is true, this may be an episode I skip – even if my Adoring Dianna Agron site suffers lol

Comment by Lisa – January 8, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP Glee.

Comment by Nancy. – January 8, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • first: Finchel break-up and who knows when they’ll be back together again.
    now: justin(e) bieber. he sings like a girl very out of tune. no one is able to listen to his songs, they’re so bad that make earache for whoever listens to it!
    he doesn’t have voice!

Comment by francisca – January 8, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a death wish Glee. DON’T DO IT.

Comment by FELIX – January 8, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Done with you Glee and Ryan murphy.

Comment by Anna – January 8, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A teen idol episode. I could understand that, but an entire Bieber episode is ridicules.

Comment by Thomas – January 8, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh come ooon :x Glee is going down episode after episode :( it is so not the show I fell in love with last year

Comment by stefan – January 8, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, ew. No thanks!

Comment by Carrie – January 8, 2011 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still do, and always will love me some Glee, but this does make me sad. I was hoping they would do Bieber like they did Miley in “Laryngitis”, by butchering his already terrible songs.

Comment by Zach – January 8, 2011 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HORROR!!!!!! (Sue’s Voice) PLEASEEEEE #noBieberonglee

Comment by Gleek – January 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Justine stole my haircut, and now he is going to hijack one of my favorite shows. This is just awful!

Comment by Rolfe – January 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch all of you freaking out for nothing. Out of all the people they could write an episode based around, do you really think they would do Justin Bieber? The February 15th episode will be written by Ian Brennan too. I just really don’t see Ian writing a Bieber-centric Glee episode and RM being a Bieber music fan. It doesn’t make sense.

If it is true, ugh. I just don’t know how they will work it.

Comment by Kristen – January 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s it, I’m done. I’ve had it up to here with these ridiculous “tribute” episodes.

Ryan Murphy has let his greed ruin Glee.

Comment by X – January 8, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • F**K NO. #noBieberonGlee

Comment by Murilo – January 8, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I could quote Michael Scott,”No god. No god no. No god please no. No. No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

Comment by Morgan – January 8, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No. Just… no. No more tribute episodes. And definitely no Bieber tween crap on the show. Madonna, I could understand, one time thing. Britney, Lady GaGa… ok, fine, w/e. Rocky Horror, fitting because of Halloween. But Bieber? What the hell?

I miss the Glee from the first half of season 1. That’s why it became special. Not because they shoved tribute after tribute eps down our throats.

Comment by playmaker – January 8, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What.
    Who was on drugs when they concieved this episode idea?
    If Darren or Chris even make a sound that is close to that high pitched female singer called, Justin, I will throw a fit and turn off the tv.
    Actually, if anyone starts to sing Justin Beaver, there will be hell to pay from the Gleeks.
    For once, listen to us and burn the script before it runs.

Comment by LizD – January 8, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello, tell your sources NOO! Nobody wants this!!!!!

Comment by anna – January 8, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m done.

I was a hardcore gleek in season 1, but this season is such a tremendous letdown, I can officially say this show sucks.

It’s not even the Beiber thing…well it’s not ONLY the Beiber thing. It’s the “forgotten characters”. You know, everyone not named Will, Sue, Finn, Rachel, Kurt, and Quinn. If an episode doesn’t revolve around a specific character for a one off story, they are relegated to the background for a token five lines an episode. One of the best episodes this show ever had was the one that revolved heavily around Artie wishing to get out of the wheelchair that included a dance number and a haunting rendition of “Dream a Little Dream”. Go figure, Joss Whedon directed it.

When the show started, they were just telling a story anyone could relate to. Now that they have a specific demographic they are only writing for the “gay male/teenage social outcast female/members of real glee clubs”. What few straight males that enjoyed the show in the first season (I was one of them…I’m still straight, but…you get what I’m saying!) are slowly being pushed away by plots we don’t relate to/care about and characters that are being written to be unlikeable (see: creepy Will, Cheerio Quinn 2.0, cheating whore Rachel, etc.). Thus…to conclude…

I’m done.

Comment by Dan – January 8, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If true, this will probably be it for me as far as watching Glee goes. Which is a shame, really love all the actors on the show. But this season’s been no season 1..

Comment by Maria – January 8, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m faithful to Glee till the end, but will not watch it if he appears, we need to FOCUS ON THE CHARACTERS! Not bring on guest stars that prevent the actual characters have a storyline (Charice, I’m looking at you.) Hopefully Glee won’t let Cheryl Cole on and Justine won’t appear.

*STARTS PRAYING*

I may watch it if Jonathan Groff appears on the same episode BUT THAT’S THE ONLY REASON!

Comment by ellie – January 8, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tribute episodes are fine every once in a while, but doing JUSTIN BIEBER? WHY?! I’m really hoping this is just a joke, because this would mean Glee has sunk to a very sad place.

Comment by Andrea – January 8, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the old Glee. =/

Comment by Briana – January 8, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to ruin an amazing show! :(

Comment by Bailey – January 8, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee is now DEAD to me!
    HELLLL NOOO!
    I’m so damn annoyed with this bieber kid!
    he can’t sing!

Comment by WorldWideDreamers – January 8, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing really tying me down to Glee is Darren Criss. I will follow that man’s career forever… but Bieber? Is Ryan Murphy serious? I really, really hope he’s just trolling us, or it’s just some crazed Belieber spreading rumours.

Comment by Rose – January 8, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Justin Bieber does not deserve his episode
    No No No
    Please scratch out the idea please

Comment by kelsey walker – January 8, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think having bieber on glee is GENIUS all bieber fans are gonna watch it and its gonna have the most views they’ve had don’t listen to the people above they’re just jealous and low lifes who don’t have anything better to do but hate on people cuz they’re better than then so please stay with the bieber plan there’s more bieber fans than low life haters and I am a belieber thank you very much (:

Comment by kayla – January 8, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most views? LOL. Bieber was on CSI and the ratings barely broke even with last season’s lows. If anything, Bieber is going to be the noose that Glee hangs itself with.

Comment by FH14 – January 8, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh give me a break you guys. Justin Bieber isn’t that bad. The main reason people dislike him admit to it or not, is the fact he now has millions of dollars by someone discovering him on youtube. He DOES have talent. He can sing live and his C.D.s are not cram packed with auto-tune aka “The Cher effect”… and he has to be doing something right or he wouldn’t be as popular as he is now. I think Justin Bieber will fit into the episode nicely and I believe Glee and it’s creators are doing the right thing. They have yet to do the wrong thing. Grow up and get over yourselves. This will be a great episode. To say the entire show will fail because of someone like Justin Bieber appearing is just a ludicrous immature comment from someone who obviously has a closed mind. (or minds in this case)

And as for the abundance of guest stars… First of all this show has become so popular that nearly every star with some kind of musical or acting talent or think they have, is requesting to be on this show. Second, the truth is though there are us die-hard finds out there that remain with the show no matter what, you have others that stray or have yet to give the show a chance, guest stars help draw in the ratings which sadly to FOX is all that matters. Hello! anyone remember the tragic story of Joss Whedon’s Firefly? The creators of Glee are doing their best to keep everyone happy… so we’ll keep watching and they’ll still have jobs.

I will continue to watch, I will continue to dance along with each episode, I will continue to be a loyal and faithful fan of this show until it ends… unless they for some god awful reason get rid of Kurt and then I’ll riot!

Blessed Be!

Comment by Cory – January 8, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You say that if they get rid of Kurt that’s your reason to riot. bieber possibly being on is our reason to riot.

Comment by Maria – January 8, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gain an audience with the ten years old, lose an audience with the 18-45.

Comment by Hayley – January 8, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only watched a couple of episodes from this season, and have not missed it since I quit. Even if I’m bored I just watch another show or movie that I have seen before.

Comment by Becca – January 8, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is happening to Glee? What happened to the little under dog club? The original members were superb (Finn, Rachel, Artie, Tina, Mercedes, Kurt). Now it’s a free for all with unwanted guest stars and an ever growing cast. It’s too much. Bring back the show I fell in love with in Season One!

Comment by Sadie P – January 8, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I lost interest in GLEE after the first “semester”, and the Bieber is definitely not bringing me back to the fold. The show has sold out to commercialism and lost a lot of creativity in doing so.

Comment by steve – January 8, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You call yourselves gleek??? Your nothing but losers glee is an alsome show and no matter what you should still love it that a really gleek so what if Justin bIeber going to be on it does it matter

Comment by Gabriella – January 8, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, a true fan of the show is passionate about it, not a sheep following the heard and accepting everything blindly. That’s mob mentality, not being a fan.

Comment by Maria – January 8, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the days when Glee wasn’t driven by tributes and guest stars. This is just the latest in a long line of problems this season when the show listens to rabid pre-teen fans instead of following an organic and logical story progression.

Comment by Rachel – January 8, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Glee and bringing Justin Bieber into the mix just ruins it for me.

Comment by latisha – January 8, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS IS THE BEST COMBINATION EVER.

Comment by Emily – January 8, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will stop watching Glee. It has actually disappointed me this season and really needs to step up it’s game. I am a die-hard Gleek and this is unacceptable. If they are going to do Justin Bieber, they need to make fun of his whiny voice and TERRIBLE lyrics. The only people who will tune in are his little Bieberettes. They’re only doing this for the ratings. After this episode, the ratings won’t be as high. RIB needs to worry about THEIR current fans, not recruiting new ones. Glee is like a VIP section. If you weren’t first in line, you shouldn’t be able to get in. This seriously pisses me off. Honestly, I’m fine with Sam because he replaced Matt and is actually good. The Brittany episode was alright, but that is freaking Brittany Spears! She’s an icon. A legend in pop music. Why Justin Bieber? Why??? You might as well as Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers to be on. You’re trying to reach out to a younger audience, but they won’t get it. They’ll be so lost and they’ll be fast-forwarding their DVRs just to see the Biebs. It’s not worth it!

Comment by Haley – January 8, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not April Fools yet Mike, so this is NOT funny!

Comment by Maria – January 8, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooo!!!!!!! “swaying back and forth, now curling into a ball”

Comment by Bazinga! – January 8, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im now pretty sure that it wount happen, All the fans are against it.
    If there will be beiber!?! episode I just wount watch it…
    Glee plz im your huge fan, plz dont do this to me:`(
    I still hope that its joke, very BAD joke

Comment by Katy – January 8, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post