Exclusive: Glee Does Justin Bieber!

Get More: Exclusive, Glee, News, Scoop, Spoilers

Heads up, Twitter: You’re seconds away from exploding. Sources confirm to me exclusively that Glee is doing a February sweeps episode that’s Justin Biebercentric.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Chuck, Glee, Bones, Smallville, House, Grey’s and More!

Details are still sketchy, but I’m told the episode — tentatively scheduled to air on Feb. 15 — will feature the cast covering several of the teen phenom’s songs. Bieber himself will also figure into the episode’s plot, although there are no plans for him to appear in the flesh. At least not as of this writing.

Glee Exclusive: Blaine, Kurt to Deliver Super Destiny’s Child Cover

This is shaping up to be a big February for Fox’s musicomedy smash, beginning with its post-Super Bowl entry on February 6, continuing two days later with the big Valentine’s episode and now, of course, The Biebs.

Exclusive: Meet Glee’s Newest Recruit

Thoughts on the two biggest names in entertainment joining forces? Predictions as to who’ll sing what, and why? Hit the comments!

Comments (233)

• annnnd….this is when I stop watching it.

Comment by Kate Hadley – January 8, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed!

Comment by Nate – January 8, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WTF? Justin Bieber?

That’s totally an episode I won’t watch! Not even Glee will make me listen to this!

Comment by Lucy – January 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goodbye Glee, I’m breaking up with you FOR GOOD.

Comment by It's me – January 8, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the show may have finally driven me away. Every week I keep watching even when the show is awful, but this might be it for me. I can’t STAND Bieber.

Comment by Alex – January 8, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. It stopped being good after the Bhritney Spears episode anyway.

Comment by Becky – February 5, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What song does he have beside that Baby Baby song. Horrible idea. Bababooey to you all !!!

Comment by Jon Hein – January 8, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This may seal the deal for me on Glee… I’m so not feeling the Kurt going over to the new school thing, and then breaking up Finn & Rachel, and now Bieber? Really? Yeah, I may be done. :(

Comment by Jenny – January 8, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is going to make me stop watching the show.

Comment by Hayley – January 8, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG… you are kidding me right? Now this show has DEFINITELY become crap.

Comment by Anjali – January 8, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? Bieber is for 10 year olds … bleh. I hope this story is wrong. I don’t really want to see more Bieber on TV.

Comment by Tyler – January 8, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS IS THE WORST ****ING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD.

Comment by Alicia – January 8, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bieber?? Really?? Bb Glee!!!

Comment by joanna – January 8, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I might have to skip that episode.

Comment by Karen – January 8, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can only echo the sentiments above. This is the cherry on top of a crap sundae that is season 2 of Glee. I think I’m done.

Comment by Angie – January 8, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sooo over all these “tribute” episodes.

Comment by Meagan – January 8, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What? Is this for real? Glee’s dangerously close to jumping the shark with so many of these themed episodes. I miss season 1, where they’d actually pick songs for everyone, not just a bland medley of sugary pop tunes.

Comment by boingboing – January 8, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahahah Murphy better be trolling us right now……
    I swear to God.
    This is not okay.

Comment by Leslie – January 8, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know what, I think we should start a #nobieberonglee trend ^^

Comment by Hayley – January 8, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that is on twitter for a very long time now!

Comment by francisca – January 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thinks this is a bad idea. I can’t see how he’s should have an entire episode dedicated to his “career”. It seems that the mass bird and fish deaths aren’t the only sign of the coming apocalypse.

Comment by Shaun – January 8, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s an episode I’m not going to watch.

Comment by Lizzie – January 8, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no… this is NOT happening!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Ina B – January 8, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well…………..this is disappointing.

Comment by jess – January 8, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad Ryan Murphy, BAD!!

Comment by Nick – January 8, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does he have to be on everything?!

Comment by Kim – January 8, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shoot me now.

Comment by Entertainment2u-Twitter – January 8, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOW do you go from Kristin Chenoweth and Neil Patrick Harris to JUSTIN BIEBER?

Comment by Mimi – January 8, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooo!!!!!!
    I guess that’s goodbye glee. And I really liked this show too

Comment by Anonymous – January 8, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you GOTTA be kiddin me!
    that’s just terrible…
    i was about to stop watching the show…now THIS is the end of it.

Comment by Pedro – January 8, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you hear that? It’s the noise that says: it’s all over.

Comment by Nightie – January 8, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol This surely can’t be true…

Comment by Kristen – January 8, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO, GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love Glee with all my heart but if this happens, I WILL shoot someone

Comment by Christine – January 8, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is where officially Glee jumped the shark.

Comment by Leyla – January 8, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment by francisca – January 8, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry Glee! I won’t be watching this one!!

Comment by Roger – January 8, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AS the website says that I sold for over a million dollars….This show has jumped the shark..

Comment by Jon Hein – January 8, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping this is just a rumor or a cruel joke. WORST IDEA EVER! I love Glee with all my heart, but this just pisses me off and makes me not want to watch.

Comment by S.J. Martin – January 8, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sharkjump!!!!!!

The first couple of episodes of this show were promising; sharp writing & a cleverly subversive attitude. But then as Glee became a pop culture phenomemom, it changed. The tone lurches all over the place from cartooon to soapy teen melodrama, sometimes in the same scene, and the show became messier and less focussed.

A Bieber episode makes sense as Glee has become basically yet another teen show, instead of the layered, nuanced show that it promised to be.

Comment by JRE1970 – January 8, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’ve only continued watching because I keep hoping they will redeem themselves. I know Ryan Murphy is a wackjob (Nip/Tuck is a perfect example. just read the descriptions!), but I was hoping that it would take longer than 1 season for the show to be ruined. I love the actors and I love the characters but the storylines are so dumb I think I need to stop watching. If this is true, the Valentines day episode will be the last I ever watch.
    Don’t do it Glee. You really will lose a lot of fans.

Comment by Jenna – January 8, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve stuck with Glee through it’s terrible episodes aka. this season but I can’t take THIS! I’m sorry Glee… no. Just no.

Comment by Hannah – January 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Comment by Jam – January 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And I’m officially done with Glee.

Comment by Samantha – January 8, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL.

I’m so glad I watch for the plot and not for the terrible music.

Comment by Emz – January 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can’t give us lesbians but you can give us Bieber? And I miss when the only themed episodes where Madonna and Journey. Sure I liked Britney… but Superbowl? Valentines? Rocky Horror? Christmas? I miss when songs had a point….

Comment by Beth – January 8, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I hope this doesn’t happen. Terrible, terrible idea. What happened to the Glee of S1? I miss it.

Comment by Allison – January 8, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The suckage is getting worse and worse. I may not tune in for this.

Comment by TH – January 8, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My faith in Ryan Murphy is so beyond gone.

Comment by Giulia – January 8, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO NO NO!!!!
    Glee cannot absolutely do Bieber!! I like his songs but I just don’t see glee singing Baby or anything else!! Bieber-fever cannot clash with Glee!! :/

first the Finn-chel now this?? this has gone way over the edge!

Comment by mornight – January 8, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You should tweet:

“No, #noBieberOnGlee because he doesn’t belong on the show CC: @GLEEonFOX”

Please do it or we’ll lose that show.

Comment by Hayley – January 8, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Comment by BB – January 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am one of the biggest Gleeks you’ll ever meet, but I just don’t think I can handle a Bieber-themed episode. Please Ryan…please just say no. Don’t do it. I don’t mind the guest stars usually, but Bieber…I just don’t think I can do it. Please Ryan, if you’re listening / reading…don’t do it. I don’t want to have to miss an episode; I am so into the show…I’m begging now, Ryan…Mr. Murphy…sir…

Comment by da – January 8, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL FOREVER

Comment by Alice – January 8, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LE FU. They do a Bieber episode BUT NOT A DISNEY ONE? This is just.. wrong. Justin Bieber? Really? If it wasn’t for Darren Criss, I wouldn’t even be watching Glee so they better have Darren sing Disney songs or something.

BUT BIEBER? Ryan Murphy, what are you thinking? Just no okay.

Comment by Chelli – January 8, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My God, yes. A Disney episode trumps a Bieber one BY FAR. Disney lives in all of us in one way or another; Justin Bieber is simply the talk of the town at the moment.

I’m not saying I hate JB, but honestly? He is not deserving of a tribute episode. What about Michael Jackson? The Beatles? Come on. What.

Comment by Christine – January 8, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post