Jersey Shore returned to MTV Thursday, and boy, did it dominate the night. It did more than that, actually. The series’ third season premiere brought in a whopping 8.4 million viewers, making it the network’s most viewed series telecast ever.
In the words of one DJ Pauly D, oh yeah, huge ratings, yeah!
But wait, there’s more. Here’s some other TV news you may want to know (Mad Men and Breaking Bad scoop included)…
* AMC announced today at the Television Critics Association press tour that Breaking Bad is thisclose to beginning production on its fourth season. Thursday, January 13, to be exact. So when will the much-anticipated new season actually premiere? We’re hearing next summer.
* And just in case anyone was worried, AMC promises Mad Men will be returning for a fifth season. Sadly, a premiere date is TBD. Oh, and there’s also no deal yet with series creator Matthew Weiner. Minor details.
* According to TV Guide Magazine, Young and the Restless beauty Tonya Lee Williams is headed to The Bold and the Beautiful for a two-episode stint in February, where she’ll reprise her Y&R role of Olivia Winters.
* In news that will make you say awww, the “Golden-Voiced Homeless Man” Ted Williams has scored a gig with MSNBC, per The Hollywood Reporter, providing voiceovers for the news network’s new “Lean Forward” campaign.
* Idol alum Adam Lambert hates MTV’s Teem Mom and wants you to know it! “This Teen Mom show on MTV is so depressing,” he tweeted. “I know it’s ‘real life’ but shouldn’t there be programming that inspires kids to shoot higher? #glorifyingwhitetrash” Of course, a retraction followed suit. “I’m not saying that all teen moms are white trash. Don’t misunderstand. Yet, most of the ones on that show seem to be. I do, however, think they’re are being exploited a bit.” And to this we say no comment.
Thoughts on today’s big news? Hit the comments.