Exclusive: Sebastian Roche To Recur on Criminal Minds, Do More Supernatural

Is Criminal Minds‘ Emily Prentiss getting a new love interest? Former General Hospital hunk Sebastian Roche is joining the cast of the CBS crime drama as a recurring player, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Though the specifics of Roche’s storyline are under wraps, this much is known: His character will be working closely with Prentiss (played by Paget Brewster) — meaning, who knows what that professional relationship might evolve into?

Exclusive: Rachel Nichols To Become Criminal Minds Regular

Additionally, Roche is set to return to The CW’s Supernatural for several more episodes, reprising his role as the angel Balthazar, one of Castiel’s old friends. Roche first played Balthazar in the October 8 episode of Supernatural and was brought back for the fall finale on December 10.

Exclusive: Adrianne Palicki Lands Killer Criminal Minds Role

Prior to Supernatural, Roche recurred on another sci-fi series, Fox’s Fringe, where he played shape-shifter Thomas Jerome Newton.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers On Chuck, Supernatural and More!

Criminal Minds fans, what do you think of this addition and the possibility of new romance for Prentiss?

Comments (219)

• I love the characters now. We don’t need any romance just drama and suspense. JJ is missed badly. Please bring her back.

Comment by Carrie – January 7, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss JJ she was lovely,as for new Sabastian coming to Criminal Minds all for it. I just love Criminal Minds best show ever.

Comment by Vivienne – January 7, 2011 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think you should bring JJ back. I am a fan of the show and watch it every night.

Comment by Michelle Catalfamo – January 8, 2011 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree this is my favorite show and I look forward to seeing what they do with him. I miss JJ but I like seeing more of penelope.

Comment by Kim – January 8, 2011 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!!! Stop changing characters and bring J.J back!!!

Comment by Ruth – January 7, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thoroughly enjoy Criminal Minds, I watch reruns, as if I never seen them. You took the nucleous of charachters (JJ) out, that was so wrong, now, you are trying to take Paget out! WHY? who are you listening to, because it’s not the fans.You writers always mess up good shows, Criminal Minds, and all 3 CSI’s are 4 of the very best and realistic, as well as informative, and captivating shows on TV. Why do you want to mess with that? I mean really, WHY?

Comment by L.Rollieson – January 8, 2011 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yep, I watch the reruns as if new….That is saying something about the level of great we see in Criminal Minds. Thanks ION for running them nightly.

Comment by Dorothy Kleidon – January 8, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree with Dorothy. Bring JJ back. I would love to see more of Spencer’s character. The episodes with him in the lead story line are awesome. He’s cute and so smart and he’s the best. Love trying to match wits with him.

Comment by Ronda – January 8, 2011 06:27 AM PDT
        • Why fix what’s NOT broken??? Watch every night,Re-Runs too…Love the show along with Cold Case,,,Joe Montagna, what a Show!!! Go Prentis.

Comment by Marilyn B – January 8, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree wholeheartedly. Leave well enough alone. Supernatual doesn’t sound like a fit in this genre. Romance……it may be time for Derek to have one…..not the flirty type he has had. Bring JJ back and Garcia’s boyfriend. That’s a cute romance.

Comment by Dorothy Kleidon – January 8, 2011 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No romance for Derek…his character is perfect the way it is! ….BUT, please bring JJ back. She is so missed! Criminal Minds is the first show in AGES I have watched religiously…it doesnt need romance added. Thats not what the show is about. Playing it on the sidelines is fine, but its really not critical to the show! Keep up the drama….great show dont mess with it!

Comment by Charlayne – January 8, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Totally agree…My husband and I DVR every episode. We loved JJ, still mourning her absence; should bring Garcia’s boyfriend back; and we were intrigued when Spencer had a brush at romance with the bartender girl…Not too thrilled about a new guy…bring JJ back!

Comment by Barb – January 8, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! Miss JJ, bring her back and don’t mess with the cast. Enough Testosterone already!

Comment by kate – January 8, 2011 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this show! Like the rest of the fans, I miss J.J. and hubby! Bring back J.J.!
      Derek is gorgeous and awesome to look at; I love his eyebrows (as well as the rest of him!)

A little side romance is okay (you already did that with J.J. and Garcia, tho)….Keep the drama! Keep the team! Keep the balance between the guys and gals!

WE WANT J.J.
      WE WANR J.J.

and if money was the reason for getting rid of her, what’s this guy, chopped liver?

Comment by annie – January 8, 2011 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to that!!!! leave the show characters just how they are,and JJ please bring her back!!!!!! Thanks A number one Fan

Comment by sandy – January 8, 2011 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Forget the new people. We want J J back. You had a good thing going, why mess wi th

it? Bones and NCIS looks better every day. thanks doug

Comment by DOUG THRIFT – January 8, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Criminal Minds… But I have to agree that JJ is greatly missed… she should be brought back… I love Garcia and all the attention she is getting, but JJ brings something else to the show…

Comment by Ray – January 8, 2011 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, jj is sorely missed but exicted for sebastian roche, he was awesome as jerry jax on general hospital. think it will make for a good story line for prentiss

Comment by terri – January 8, 2011 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree leave the people you have on the show without any news ones. I too think JJ was perfect for the part she had and she actually made them whole.

Comment by susan – January 8, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • are you in the USA? as we here in the UK must be so far behind with the series. Last night we had the brand new series over here with Tim Curry in the starring rols..and no one has left yet!!

Comment by viv – January 8, 2011 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A big ditto to Carrie’s comment

Comment by Gayle – January 8, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was about time someone developed a new love interest. And I enjoy the idea of a recurring character, too. I have no idea who Roche was until now, General Hospital was not on my list of favorite TV series, but, hey, I might like him. I hope he’s playing a smart guy.

Comment by Anca – January 7, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is an amazing actor! Wait till you see how much he can add! Everyone is talking about the great cast & chemistry and I agree. Unlike most comments I cant wait to see Sebastian Roche create a new character, and who it will be!

Comment by Pam – January 8, 2011 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PERSONALLY, IM GETTING FED UP WITH PEOPLE COMING AND GOING. I LOVE THEM ALL, ESPECIALLY JJ AND NOW SHES GONE.
    DONT LET ANYONE ELSE LEAVE OR THE SHOW WILL DEFFINATELY TANK!!!

Comment by Susie – January 7, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey is anyone listening out there……..bring JJ back.

Comment by chris – January 7, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am listening Chris. Yes please bring JJ back and for gosh sakes PLEASE don’t make this Rachel Nichols a regular. She is not a very good actress and will not help the show. Criminal Minds is my Favorite show, so please don’t change it anymore

Comment by Linda – January 7, 2011 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Linda, I TOTALLY agree with you! I can’t stand the Rachel Nichols character. THIS is what we get instead of J.J.??? Why not ditch the unwanted new person and bring back who everyone so obviously wants…J.J.!!

Comment by Amy – January 8, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring JJ back! She was the heart of the show. It needs a little compassion with the suspensful/gruesome story lines and she did that perfectly. I’m all for the new guy and Prentiss. Don’t ever get rid of Derek tho!

Comment by Nancy – January 7, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey Nancy! I’m with you on never getting rid of Derek! What a terrific piece of eye candy that gives us each week! Woo! :)

Comment by sarahd – January 7, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whoa…Derek. I started watching this show because of him and became totally hooked. I own all of the seasons on DVD so I can watch them and Derek over and over again. If Derek ever leaves the show, I would be devastated. So I agree…don’t ever get rid of Derek!

Comment by Carole – January 7, 2011 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds is something I look forward to each week. There is nothing on television that I care to watch habitually, but Criminal Minds. I love the entire cast & certainly have my own favorites (Morgan!!!! along with Garcia, Spencer, and Hotchner) as I’m sure most of you do. JJ, Prentiss & Rossy also help make the show what it is. I don’t think anyone is denying this. I have no problems with new characters being brought in for a story line or even a re-occuring role, but can’t seem to understand why we must lose regular cast members, such as JJ for this to happen. They’ve already messed up a good thing by taking JJ out (which was absolutely ridiculous!!), but does that mean we just sit here and wait for them to take another favorite from OUR show????….after all, the show is put on for the fans, correct?? There needs to be something we can do! Write tons & tons of letters, start petitions, do whatever we can to get someone to listen to us. This actually sounds a little funny to me…ya know, going to all this trouble for a tv show, but I just can’t help it! This is the only show I’m into. My husband & 2 kids come into the living room with us just to watch. I believe its the only show we watch together. It gives us hope ya know, hope that there are people out there doing their very best to ensure the safety of our children, and ourselves. With all that goes on in this world I’m happy with this small hope a show can give me. Don’t really care that that quite possibly makes me a weirdo. I think we need to do all we can to keep this show on & with the original cast of characters…adding JJ back to the mix of course. Reply to this if u have any idea how to get through to the “Big Wigs” at Criminal Minds and have them stop making some of these stupid and drastic decisions!

Comment by sarahd – January 7, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sarahd, I agree with you and the others. Bring back JJ, keep the rest of the cast and let Roche drop in once in awhile. Keep the edge. Let the characters peel their lives like onions, one layer at a time. Continue to build the characters, and let them be human and emotional when needed. These are the things that built this show and got it the following that it has. Keep sending emails and encourage others to send them too. Post your comments on cbs.com and if we let our words and feelings be heard maybe the CBS powers-that-be will listen.

Comment by raydlong – January 7, 2011 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you and I, for one, do not think you are a weirdo!
      I get one hour a week to sit, relax and not have the kids in my hair. This is the hour of “Criminal Minds”. Dad takes the kids upstairs and I get to totally veg out!! It’s the one and only show I watch without fail. I read on another site that Prentiss is leaving also. Not sure how true that is but I love her!!!! My last name is Prentiss, so I think she is totally cool! LOL Anyway, you are right about everything you said! Quit changing it, leave it alone!! AND BRING JJ BACK!!!

Comment by ladeebug1023 – January 7, 2011 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you Sarahd . We finally get a show that treats us to brain stimulating content then they screw it up with crazy ideas like getting rid of AJ Cook due to money constraints then hire two new actors. They obviously lied to us. Just when we think they don’t underestimate their fan,base, they pull this kind,of thing. Everyone knows Hotchner and,Emily should be an item so why waist money on a,new character. With the way everyone is suffering these days, why can’t we get a show that gives us what we want. Eventually I’ll just give up on,this show too!

Comment by Evelyn – January 7, 2011 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Roche the one that played the foreign agent that showed interest in Prentiss in an episode last year? If so…..nice touch bringing him on! However, I do miss JJ, it’s been one of the best, complete casts on a show in a long time, love every one of them!!!

Comment by shamrock – January 7, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t need a new character-Bring JJ back

Comment by Cindy E – January 7, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if the reason that J.J. left was down-sizing, why bring in a new member?
      Or is he going to replace someone?

Comment by C.Cater – January 7, 2011 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Romance in this show? They don’t go together without beccoming a soap opera.Maybe a bit of romantic interest however, don’t ruin the show

Comment by Lou Robe – January 7, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen!

Comment by Charlayne – January 8, 2011 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show is popular because of the story line, not necessarily the character development. Need to continue to stay focused on what makes this a great program.

Comment by Claire – January 8, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If all these changes have been made and we fans are reading this then cbs will lose their support. Sponsors will lose, fans will lose, and eventually all the actors will be in other jobs/shows etc.
    I hope cbs gets all these comments because if they don’t then we’ll just have to do it the old way & use snail mail. Watch for it.

Comment by terri – January 7, 2011 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is giving Prentiss a possible romance going to be the way to get rid of her? Rumors are she is leaving. Why why why did you mess with the cast and story. Name of the show is Criminal Minds remember?

Comment by Linda – January 7, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Along with everyone else I say bring JJ back. A new recurring character could be interesting as long as you don’t change the shows image. We don’t need romance, we had that with JJ and Will and look where that got us. I’m satisfied with the flirtation between Garcia and Morgan. Leave it at that.

Comment by Laura Inks – January 7, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would like to see J.J. back,She was the softer,more gentle cast member which is needed due to the somber parts most of the other cast members play.Would like to see love interest for Prentiss too.

Comment by Gayle Ashley – January 7, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally think it’s about time she got a love life! She deserves to be happy, as for JJ we all love her/miss her; but she said she was happy moving on to bigger and better. JJ is going to be great and adding a little twist to the show would be great!
    just my opnion!

Comment by Criminal4Minds – January 7, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show just isn;t the same without JJ, big mistake, not as big a fan as I used to be!!!

Comment by Carol Bell – January 7, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Y?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment by Marisa – January 7, 2011 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t mind adding a new love interest, but I wholeheartedly agree with everyone that getting rid of the amazing characters they have is a HUGE mistake. I want Gideon back! WHEN is that going to happen????? I also would love to see Prentiss and Hotch matched up. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don’t ruin the show!

Comment by Rebecca L – January 7, 2011 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gideon won’t be coming back unless it’s a cameo. He WANTED off the show, as did J. J. When people do the same role for years they find that it “type-casts” them and their career gets stonewalled. I think that was the motivation for some actors to leave successful shows. If there is no change the show stagnates. There are only so many ways an unsub can commit murder, you know.

Comment by 5states4me – January 7, 2011 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AJ Cook (JJ) didn’t want off the show- she was fired from the show because of budget reasons aka CBS wanted to hire less expensive actors and effectively ruin the show. Great going CBS

Comment by Terry – January 7, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If an actor is concerned about being typecast then he/she is smart to move on. I think Criminal Minds is more than just JJ or anyone else and I am a big Derek fan. Bring on the new man and move on.

Comment by Linda – January 8, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch all the reruns on ion and A&E, flip back and forth constantly. I am an avid fan. Bring JJ back and just continue with what made this show the hit that it is.

Comment by Lee Tansock – January 7, 2011 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is not just Criminal Minds characters that are being shaken up. It is happening to daytime characters also that I have watched for 30 years. Same cast (mostly). Then you miss a day watching, and they have replaced either 1 or 2 characters, Doesn’t the network realize the characters are what made the show in the first place?? I agree with the majority. JJ needs to come back. Not the same without her. If they take off any more, they may as well pack up shop as far as I am concerned. It is called Criminal Minds, NOT Love Story for goodness sake….

Comment by Connie Siciliano – January 7, 2011 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also watch every week and all the reruns on ion & A&E.Best Show!!! on TV.Love ALL the oringnal cast and I want JJ back. The big wheels want to save money and then ruin a show. Please don’t change anything else.

Comment by Bette McCann – January 8, 2011 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Morgan is pure eye candy I would quit this show if they take him out..Did JJ leave the show for something else or did you idiot writers write her out on purpose.Have her come do a few drop in for her fans. the show is so diff without her. Penelope girlfriend you are doing a great job and we love you all. We will give the new guy a chance but he had better not replace any regular on our show.
    Hey to the gang at Criminal Minds, you are cute and entertaining.

Comment by GRAMMY – January 7, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree JJ is missed. The entire cast is wonderful. I’m watching reruns all the time. Maybe adding Roche will add more intrigue I’m one of his fans from General Hospital. Like everyone else is saying please don’t change the cast it works. Leave it alone.

Comment by Kendra M. – January 7, 2011 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited about this addition to the cast. Sebastian Roche is an excellent actor and will be great to see what he can bring to the show. Love the show as I have watched since episode one and while I dont like all the changes, it doesnt take away from the team as it is now. This actor is just another reason to love Criminal Minds!!

Comment by Alice – January 7, 2011 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree the show is great I have watched the show since day one. I didn’t like it when Mandy P. left the show and replaced and I didn’t like it when JJ left. I stopped watching law and order for this reason to many cast changes and I know its the thing with shows now to change the cast. I do like Sebastian Roche and I think he will be an added bonus to the show,but the new girl is not. I have and will continue to watch Criminal Minds as long as Gibson and the rest of the original cast are in it. I truly hope you will consider doing what the other shows have not ( except CSI) and bring back JJ.

Comment by lil – January 8, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do people always have to go and mess up a good thing? The chemistry was just right between all the old cast members and then someone has to go and mess with it. You need to bring JJ back. Each one had a unique personality and they all blended well together. I don’t watch as often as I used to. Tired of being dissapointed when I find something I really like and someone gets a “bright idea” to fix something that isn’t broke….

Comment by LaVaughn – January 7, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sebastian is a fine actor, so I’m all for it. I’m very happy to hear he’ll be on more Supernatural, I want to know more about the war in Heaven.

Comment by Melody – January 7, 2011 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have written extensively about my disappointment and concerns with cutting JJ, Will, and Prentiss out and adding Seavers. I will say that Roche is a fine actor and might make a good addition to the cast, regardless of his specific role. Why not leave the present cast basically in tact and do all the adding to the new show? Perhaps after a season of the new show, some of the cast members might be go back and forth between the two shows. Until then, bring JJ, Will and Prentis back. Perhaps Gideon might thrill us all with a few cameos in the future. Please don’t mess with the present cast any further. They are all such a good fit in the chemistry of the ensemble.

Comment by Barrie Rolleston-Daines – January 7, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You mention a new show. What new show is this? A spin-off?? That would be interesting. I would like to hear more! :)

Comment by ladeebug1023 – January 7, 2011 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love criminal minds. love the new character. MISS J.J. TERRIBLY!!!!!PLEASE BRING HER BACK!!!!

Comment by tammy – January 7, 2011 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just wanted to post some FACTS to clarify a few things. First let me say I have no involvement in the show, nor any personal inside knowledge. I do however have plenty of knowledge about the industry.

A.J. Cook did NOT chose to leave, she was fired due to budget cuts. This was an order handed down by CBS, NOT the Executive Producers of the show.

Paget’s contract for Season 6 was 17 episodes, plus the freedom to shoot a pilot. She was offered her full contract (22 episodes) back for Season 7 but chose to stick with what she got for Season 6. Smart move on her part, as if she lands a pilot that gets picked up she can move on from Criminal Minds. YES it would suck for CM fans (myself included!) but Hollywood is a business. She made a smart business decision. Period.

Mandy Patinkin chose to leave the show. The chances of him even making a cameo for an episode are slim to none. Sucks, but that’s his choice. Would LOVE to see him back.

Thomas Gibson is awesome.

That is all.

Comment by Michelle – January 7, 2011 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am not in the industry but I am having trouble understanding the part of your comment that said AJ Cook was fired do to budget cuts. How then do they justify the new hire?

Comment by also Michelle – January 8, 2011 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because they can pay the new hire a LOT less than AJ.

Comment by Michelle – January 12, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yup, and they are basically getting what they paid for. That character is horrible!!!!! A cadet, trainee, junior agent, whatever they will transform her into does not belong on a team such as the BAU. We are not stupid CBS and the writers of Criminal Minds so stop treating us as we are or I probably won’t be the only one tuning out!

Comment by Kaley – January 12, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would smart move for Paget because the way this show is going, I don’t see it lasting much longer. Don’t know what this new guy will bring to the show, but the Seaver character has brought nothing but a lack of credibility to the show. A rookie cadet, come on now. That character is a terrible fit, but a perfect match to the awful writing as of late. What a tradegy.

Comment by Eric – January 7, 2011 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is a shame that money was the cause of JJ leaving but understand budget cuts can’t be helped. Just don’t ever get rid of Hotch or deerek or Garcia and Reed and of course Rossi, umm I guess keep it how it is! It works!!

Comment by J hale – January 7, 2011 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand “it’s Hollywood, it’s business,,,blah blah blah” it comes down to if it ain’t broke don’t fix it! The show is a success because of the cast, their chemistry, and intense charisma! JJ gone is a tough pill to swallow but heck I’m still not over Mandy not being on the show. His character was deep and I enjoyed when the writers homed in on the unique bond between Gideon & Reid. I still feel Reid is missing his ‘father figure’ colleague/friend. If the shows “A list” cast is tossed around anymore it will loose its charm & no doubt us devoted fans ;-) New regular characters being added is good for depth & to keep us fans on our toes so we return each week, but, that being said read previous posts if budget was the issue how can the network justify hiring actors that may or may not be a fit and carry the show in a way the fans have grown to LOVE. Stick with a winning formula!

Comment by Melissa Shankland – January 7, 2011 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, enough romance, bring JJ back and have Garcia do her hair Blond, loved her as a Blond. But you really lost something special when JJ was “cut”.

Keep up the Great Work, I even enjoy the reruns on two different channels.

Carmen

Comment by Carmen – January 7, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree the show has lost a certain “class” it had since JJ has been gone. She was the glue that held them together. She kept them straight and focused. Now its like they are all trying to do a little bit of her job, blindly. By doing so one is left feeling a little less respect for the team. The storylines have been a lil week lately also. I do love garcia new hair color. If anyone can do red it is her.

Comment by Michelle – January 8, 2011 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why get rid of JJ and then bring some one new in. You could have left JJ doing the job and still have the love interest coming in. It is one of the few programmes that is great on tv.

Comment by Aileen Murphy – January 8, 2011 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show I hate that you took jj husband and baby off please write th back in

Comment by Sandy rakes – January 8, 2011 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay. Several points here.
    1-Why can they suddenly hire all these new actors when they “couldn’t afford” to keep AJ on, and even threatened to cut Paget, too. As it is, they are cutting back main cast member’s episodes; we’ve already had one with out Thomas Gibson, and they said there will be some without Paget, too. It’s ridiculous!
    2-I may be a Hotch/Emily lover, but really? The show has gone this long with very little romance, why pull that now?
    3-Why do they feel the need to pull out all these new characters when the ones they’ve SO graciously left us with are doing fine on their own?

We finally have a television show that is intelligent. It doesn’t underestimate its viewers and has something other than the oh so typical CSI or Law&Order feel to it. It’s intriguing and smart, with just a hint of clever comedy in just the right moments. Yes, it’s dark, but that’s they way we like it. I don’t see the need to bring it down to other shows’ levels with petty things such as romance and soapy dramas. Yes a little flirtation between someone other that Morgan and Garcia would be nice now and again, but the show really needs nothing more than that to run. It’s doing well the way it is. Why mess with a good thing?

It’s about time someone over at CBS grows a brain.

Comment by Kells – January 8, 2011 03:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree with you more! I was soooo disappointed when Gideon left…now all this nonsense?!? Again, why mess with a good thing?!

Comment by Criminal Minds Junkie – January 8, 2011 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband & I really enjoy this show & miss the ones that have left. Please don’t mess with it too much.

Comment by janice harris – January 8, 2011 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss JJ and I don’t want new characters. :|

Comment by Marica – January 8, 2011 04:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • me and my husband feel the same way, we would lovw to have jj back, but i think it would be good for romance to start.

Comment by ton – January 8, 2011 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would like the romance to be between Morgan ang Garcia

Comment by ton – January 8, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they don’t veer too far away from the core group and stories. I, too, miss JJ. It has not been the same without her.

Comment by jeanieb1 – January 8, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are people who want to KILL each other because of “Hotly”! PLEASE! Criminal Minds is just a tv show. Hotch and Emily are just characters, not real people.
    PS: those against “Hotly” are welcome to do it!
    (by “do it”, i think you know what i mean, i couldn’t care less if you did it though, i would even be happy)
    Yes, i know, i have a very twisted mind! what can i do? i won’t change, ever!
    don’t like? don’t read, don’t watch, don’t complain! i’m free to have my opinion, so, please, do not reply to my post. i mean it!

Comment by sofia – January 8, 2011 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a wonderful, suspenseful and intense show. The characters relationships have developed into a cohesive unit. Taking JJ out, disrupted this unit, but it’s slowly finding a path, not quite as strong as before. To go ahead now and change this unit by adding a ‘love interest’ could be self destructing.
    as an expample, in all the years of “Law and Order”, they kept the unit’s relationships the same. Changed actors, but they picked up where the other left off. This worked, because it never interfered with the integrity of the show. Keep the integrity of CM, it is far above the ordinary programming of today’s TV.

Comment by paulap – January 8, 2011 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad Paget Brewster is staying now, but cbs is throwing us all these bones trying to make us happy. All everybody wants is jj back.

Comment by dlt – January 8, 2011 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We really miss jj too. Bring her back and soon. Her character added so much. The chemistry of the group is dynamic … so be careful with too much change. It’s not like shy other show and makes it a one of s kind!! I can’t wait for Wednesdays!

Comment by vicki  – January 8, 2011 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CRIMINAL MINDS is my favorite TV show & I even watch re-runs. Why did “they” let JJ leave? Bring her back. This new character may be OK but I like the chemistry of the whole gang of which JJ was paramount. Why do “they” mess with a GOOD THING?

Comment by janeaa – January 8, 2011 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leave Criminal Minds alone. I was sad when Gideon left. Then JJ. Now Prentiss.Bring JJ back too. I want this show faithfully and all the reruns. It is my favorite show. So please leave it alone. No more changes.

Comment by SML – January 8, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello? Does anyone who can make a difference read this stuff? If so, get it through your heads – WE WANT JJ BACK!! I’d love to see Garcia’s boyfriend re-appear as a sideline romantic interest, but DO NOT TOUCH THE MAIN CHARACTERS!! Leave the rest of the cast alone. It’s like they say on the show – it’s the people who make up the team, and makes it so successful! So, why break it up?
    p.s. I love Hotch and Spencer! Oh, heck, I love them all.

Comment by JLO – January 8, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with all of the others…this cast is unique, why mess with success??? I want JJ back, too….she added the heart to the show!

Comment by ALK – January 8, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where in the world did JJ go? She was absolutely one of the best on the show. She held the group together. Please bring her back or convince her we all need her in the show. I watch it every night on ION television, and the new versions without JJ are not as interesting as the older shows. Keep ALL of the rest of the characters just as they were. You had a real hit, and are messing it up with changes.

Comment by Jeanne – January 8, 2011 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show on TV in a long time. Only one I watch religiously other than Army Wives. Losing JJ was huge and the show definitely took a hit. I can’t imagine hollywood couldnt pay her what she wanted if she demanded more money … and they could have beefed up her character a bit if she wanted more airtime. I too watch the reruns because there is just nothing on tv anymore. Criminal Minds is one of the few shows left that is a quality show. If JJ can come back … please!!! If not, watch recasting … too many changes changes the chemistry of the show and viewers lose interest. We like the original characters … how would Friends would have been if they tried to replace one of them???? They definitely wouldn not have lasted 10 years …

Comment by Lori – January 8, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really miss JJ, But It is about time that we seen Prentiss with someone. The show is mostly about what happens at work. The home lives of the people are not relevant. But steaming the show up with a little romance mixed with danger could be a plus.

Comment by SLittle – January 8, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t think this is good!! Don’t care for him. Hated his role on GH, couldn’t stand to listen to him, and can’t see he will bring ANYTHING to the show.
    I am frowning down on this move… big time.
    I VOTE NO !!!!