Exclusive

Exclusive: Private Practice Brings Back Grant Show - For A Deadly Twist?

ABC’s Private Practice isn’t done with Grant Show yet. Not by a stretch.

Though the Melrose Place alum will be popping up on the January 16 season premiere of HBO’s Big Love, it turns out he still has some matters to tend to on ABC’s Thursday-night drama — and those matters could be rather… grave.

This much we can reveal: Show will resurface in this season’s 14th episode, airing February 10, when the presence of Addison’s bad boy brother, Archer, becomes a bit mandatory. Show previously logged six visits to Private Practice, plus one crossover to Grey’s Anatomy.

Read Lots More Casting Scoops From TVLine.com

One additional clue: Stephen Collins (No Ordinary Family) will reprise his role of Addison’s father, “The Captain,” in the same sweeps episode.

Scoop! Lost Alum Lands On Grey’s Anatomy

Three… two…one… speculate!

ABC’s Private Practice airs Thursdays at 10/9c.

1. Xanana says:

Seriously, they’re killing off Bizzy?

2. Jamie says:

Best News Ever! Thank you so much. Episode 14 is still the Bizzy/Susan arc. So I take it someone dies.

3. Kayla says:

So one of the Forbes-Montgomerys bites the dust.

Taking bets –

Bizzy – kickass bitchy mother, every show needs a bitchy mother

The Captain – actor now on No Ordinary Family, likeiest ?

Archer – almost died back in Season 2

4. andres rdz mexico says:

shonda rhimes should do the same with derek’s family… all the sisters!!

• lorna says:

Haha. I LOVE Grant Show’s character, I really hope they don’t kill him off, yet instead kill Bizzy off. Butr Shonda has been irking me lately, so IDK.

5. ella says:

Best news ever!! Gah, I’m so excited!! I think the Captain is gonna bite the dust… Unless it’s her mother, she is one cold black hearted bitch… Thank you!!

6. Sam says:

This is AMAZEBALLS as @katewalsh would say. Love your tweets Kate :)

Grant Show made a great brother for Addison a couple of seasons ago.
    Any chance he can stick around longer than 1 episode?

7. hanna says:

So freaking excited. I love Archer <3

8. KateWalshRocks says:

YAY! Addison family drama is the BEST!

9. S. says:

It’s the end of Bizzi’s arc. They probably having Susan have a turn for the worse and killing her. The other members of the family race to Bizzy’s and Addison’s side.

10. Liz says:

Omg I’m so excited for both of them coming back. I especially loved Addison and Archer’s dynamic. Can’t wait to see what kind of trouble he’ll make. Also gonna love the tension between The Captain, Violet and Pete. Loves it!

Would you happen to have any Addisam news? In the preview for next week it makes it look like Addison might be contemplating cheating again. I really hope not, she’s grown as a character and it would be such a step backwards for her to do so.

11. Cheeks says:

If Addison had grown so much, she wouldn’t have dated Sam. I loved her character, but I can’t take that. I know it’s a TV show, but I wanted them (the writers) to place more value on her and Naomi’s relationship than they did.

Outside of Sam, I love Addie! Can’t wait for Archer to come back…Naomi needs some lovin’! Also, him and Addie had a good dynamic. I think the Captain will die…that will be extremely sad. Also have we seen Addie & Archer interact since Bizzy came out?!

12. Joana Veríssimo says:

I can’t wait!!
    The Montgomery’s family

13. Maria says:

Cheeks – No we haven’t seen Archer since back in Season 2 when Derek saved his life during the crossover episode, then he was dating and cheating on Naomi and Addison found out and told her.

I also loved the Addison/Archer dynamic and hope Grant Show might stay for more episodes. Poor Addison though. Bizzy was such a bitch on last night’s show but if they kill her off Addison will be devastated.

14. He and Amelia would be perfect for each other :)

15. JrzShoreLady says:

I think he’s either coming back for Bizzy/Susan wedding or Susan’s funeral.

16. Ana M. says:

Susan’s an easy guess but why would Archer fly to LA for that?

My guess is that either Bizzy or Archer is going to die.

17. bettyd says:

I am guessing that Susan dies in epi 13. Epi 14 may have Bizzy kill herself and all reunite for funeral (why in LA, though) or attempt it and everyone is called in to convince her not too. It could be that Susan was such a family member for years, though, that they all come to reunite for her funeral.

18. Kay says:

Bizzy said at the end of the most recent episode that she is going to divorce the Captain. I dont think Archer coming back necessarily means someone is going to die….it could just be family matters.

19. Aoife says:

some genetic illness in the family and they all have to get tested..