Exclusive: Private Practice Brings Back Grant Show – For A Deadly Twist?

ABC’s Private Practice isn’t done with Grant Show yet. Not by a stretch.

Though the Melrose Place alum will be popping up on the January 16 season premiere of HBO’s Big Love, it turns out he still has some matters to tend to on ABC’s Thursday-night drama — and those matters could be rather… grave.

This much we can reveal: Show will resurface in this season’s 14th episode, airing February 10, when the presence of Addison’s bad boy brother, Archer, becomes a bit mandatory. Show previously logged six visits to Private Practice, plus one crossover to Grey’s Anatomy.

Read Lots More Casting Scoops From TVLine.com

One additional clue: Stephen Collins (No Ordinary Family) will reprise his role of Addison’s father, “The Captain,” in the same sweeps episode.

Scoop! Lost Alum Lands On Grey’s Anatomy

Three… two…one… speculate!

ABC’s Private Practice airs Thursdays at 10/9c.

Comments (22)

• Seriously, they’re killing off Bizzy?

Comment by Xanana – January 7, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best News Ever! Thank you so much. Episode 14 is still the Bizzy/Susan arc. So I take it someone dies.

Comment by Jamie – January 7, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So one of the Forbes-Montgomerys bites the dust.

Taking bets -

Bizzy – kickass bitchy mother, every show needs a bitchy mother

The Captain – actor now on No Ordinary Family, likeiest ?

Archer – almost died back in Season 2

Comment by Kayla – January 7, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It has to be Bizzy. Shonda likes killing mothers off.

Comment by Maria – January 7, 2011 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • shonda rhimes should do the same with derek’s family… all the sisters!!

Comment by andres rdz mexico – January 7, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha. I LOVE Grant Show’s character, I really hope they don’t kill him off, yet instead kill Bizzy off. Butr Shonda has been irking me lately, so IDK.

Comment by lorna – February 8, 2011 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever!! Gah, I’m so excited!! I think the Captain is gonna bite the dust… Unless it’s her mother, she is one cold black hearted bitch… Thank you!!

Comment by ella – January 7, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is AMAZEBALLS as @katewalsh would say. Love your tweets Kate :)

Grant Show made a great brother for Addison a couple of seasons ago.
    Any chance he can stick around longer than 1 episode?

Comment by Sam – January 7, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So freaking excited. I love Archer <3

Comment by hanna – January 7, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Addison family drama is the BEST!

Comment by KateWalshRocks – January 7, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s the end of Bizzi’s arc. They probably having Susan have a turn for the worse and killing her. The other members of the family race to Bizzy’s and Addison’s side.

Comment by S. – January 7, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg I’m so excited for both of them coming back. I especially loved Addison and Archer’s dynamic. Can’t wait to see what kind of trouble he’ll make. Also gonna love the tension between The Captain, Violet and Pete. Loves it!

Would you happen to have any Addisam news? In the preview for next week it makes it look like Addison might be contemplating cheating again. I really hope not, she’s grown as a character and it would be such a step backwards for her to do so.

Comment by Liz – January 7, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Addison had grown so much, she wouldn’t have dated Sam. I loved her character, but I can’t take that. I know it’s a TV show, but I wanted them (the writers) to place more value on her and Naomi’s relationship than they did.

Outside of Sam, I love Addie! Can’t wait for Archer to come back…Naomi needs some lovin’! Also, him and Addie had a good dynamic. I think the Captain will die…that will be extremely sad. Also have we seen Addie & Archer interact since Bizzy came out?!

Comment by Cheeks – January 7, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait!!
    The Montgomery’s family

Comment by Joana Veríssimo – January 7, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cheeks – No we haven’t seen Archer since back in Season 2 when Derek saved his life during the crossover episode, then he was dating and cheating on Naomi and Addison found out and told her.

I also loved the Addison/Archer dynamic and hope Grant Show might stay for more episodes. Poor Addison though. Bizzy was such a bitch on last night’s show but if they kill her off Addison will be devastated.

Comment by Maria – January 7, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He and Amelia would be perfect for each other :)

Comment by Thom Robinson – January 8, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think he’s either coming back for Bizzy/Susan wedding or Susan’s funeral.

Comment by JrzShoreLady – January 8, 2011 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, episode 12 is the wedding. Archer and The Captain return in episode 14.

Comment by Jamie – January 8, 2011 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Susan’s an easy guess but why would Archer fly to LA for that?

My guess is that either Bizzy or Archer is going to die.

Comment by Ana M. – January 9, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am guessing that Susan dies in epi 13. Epi 14 may have Bizzy kill herself and all reunite for funeral (why in LA, though) or attempt it and everyone is called in to convince her not too. It could be that Susan was such a family member for years, though, that they all come to reunite for her funeral.

Comment by bettyd – January 10, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bizzy said at the end of the most recent episode that she is going to divorce the Captain. I dont think Archer coming back necessarily means someone is going to die….it could just be family matters.

Comment by Kay – January 21, 2011 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • some genetic illness in the family and they all have to get tested..

Comment by Aoife – January 22, 2011 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post