Exclusive: Lost's Jacob Lands Breakout Role

This just in from the Lost afterlife: Jacob has morphed into Sayid!

Onetime island protector Mark Pellegrino has been cast as a trained assassin in A&E’s upcoming fugitive-themed drama Breakout Kings, sources confirm to me exclusively.

Pellegrino will guest star as Virgil Downing, a notorious international contract killer who always gets the job done. (Translation: He’s Sayid!) Although he’s suspected in at least-three dozen other killings, his only conviction was for murdering a police commissioner — six years prior to breaking out of his maximum-security cell.

Kings, which is being produced by former Prison Break execs Matt Olmstead and Nick Santora, is slated to premiere in mid-March. Pellegrino appears in the show’s 10th episode.

Comments (15)

• He’s a great actor. Loved him last year in Supernatural. He had just the right amount of menace to the devil. This sounds like a role he can really sink his teeth into.

Comment by Melody – January 6, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent news… he’s a great actor.

Comment by toast – January 6, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’ll also be seen in the Canadian version of Being Human debuting this month.

Comment by AlistairCrane – January 6, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Personally, I love the original Being Human and have no interest whatsoever in this newbie. I’m glad Mark is working though.

Comment by Melody – January 6, 2011 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like the original and I’m going to watch the new one. It is possible to like both.

Comment by AlistairCrane – January 7, 2011 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Really? I’ve never watched either version of the Office, but I’ve heard if you watch the original that you’ll absolutely hate the remake. I simply don’t see the point in a remake when there is something great already created.

Comment by Melody – January 7, 2011 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That’s not necessarily true. If you can appreciate both British and American senses of humor, both are good. Well, not the last few seasons for the American version, but the earlier ones.

Comment by Julia – January 7, 2011 10:04 PM PDT
          • I’ve seen the first two episodes of the Canadian Being Human (screener copies), and I really liked them. I watch a lot of British TV but haven’t seen the British version; however, the Canadian version is great. I’ve heard raves about the original, but I’m sure the new version is no insult to it.

Comment by Sam McPherson – January 7, 2011 10:29 PM PDT
  • I don’t get it. He is fugitive or he in U.S. marshals team?

Comment by Guest – January 7, 2011 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sayid was a Torturer not an assassin.

Comment by Jersey Jeff – January 7, 2011 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was watching Lethal Weapon 3 the other night and noticed Mark was an armored car thief getting beaten by Mel Gibson. It was all very Oksana.

Comment by TravelWeens – January 7, 2011 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I was re-watching some Prison Break on netflix the other day… Jacob was in one episode as an intermediary for a buyer. The buyer, was the man in black. I, the only LOST fan in my household, rejoiced greatly. :)

Comment by Guest – January 7, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Jersey Jeff You forget that Sayid was an assassin working for Ben, which we saw in his flash-forwards in season 4.

Comment by anakinjmt – January 7, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great. why give him some lead role. a super villain would be great

Comment by gillen – January 10, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post