Exclusive

Exclusive: Lost's Jacob Lands Breakout Role

This just in from the Lost afterlife: Jacob has morphed into Sayid!

Onetime island protector Mark Pellegrino has been cast as a trained assassin in A&E’s upcoming fugitive-themed drama Breakout Kings, sources confirm to me exclusively.

Pellegrino will guest star as Virgil Downing, a notorious international contract killer who always gets the job done. (Translation: He’s Sayid!) Although he’s suspected in at least-three dozen other killings, his only conviction was for murdering a police commissioner — six years prior to breaking out of his maximum-security cell.

Kings, which is being produced by former Prison Break execs Matt Olmstead and Nick Santora, is slated to premiere in mid-March. Pellegrino appears in the show’s 10th episode.

1. Melody says:

He’s a great actor. Loved him last year in Supernatural. He had just the right amount of menace to the devil. This sounds like a role he can really sink his teeth into.

2. toast says:

Excellent news… he’s a great actor.

3. AlistairCrane says:

He’ll also be seen in the Canadian version of Being Human debuting this month.

• Melody says:

Personally, I love the original Being Human and have no interest whatsoever in this newbie. I’m glad Mark is working though.

• AlistairCrane says:

I like the original and I’m going to watch the new one. It is possible to like both.

• Melody says:

Really? I’ve never watched either version of the Office, but I’ve heard if you watch the original that you’ll absolutely hate the remake. I simply don’t see the point in a remake when there is something great already created.

• Julia says:

That’s not necessarily true. If you can appreciate both British and American senses of humor, both are good. Well, not the last few seasons for the American version, but the earlier ones.

• I’ve seen the first two episodes of the Canadian Being Human (screener copies), and I really liked them. I watch a lot of British TV but haven’t seen the British version; however, the Canadian version is great. I’ve heard raves about the original, but I’m sure the new version is no insult to it.

4. Guest says:

I don’t get it. He is fugitive or he in U.S. marshals team?

5. Jersey Jeff says:

Sayid was a Torturer not an assassin.

6. TravelWeens says:

I was watching Lethal Weapon 3 the other night and noticed Mark was an armored car thief getting beaten by Mel Gibson. It was all very Oksana.

7. Guest says:

So I was re-watching some Prison Break on netflix the other day… Jacob was in one episode as an intermediary for a buyer. The buyer, was the man in black. I, the only LOST fan in my household, rejoiced greatly. :)

8. anakinjmt says:

@Jersey Jeff You forget that Sayid was an assassin working for Ben, which we saw in his flash-forwards in season 4.

9. gillen says:

great. why give him some lead role. a super villain would be great