Blind Item: Tensions Mounting on Hit Show

Apparently, what they say of real estate is just as true of television: It’s all about location, location, location! You see, the subject of today’s Blind Item is a cast member on a hit show that shoots… well, not in L.A., let’s say. And while the stars in general are pretty unhappy about it, this one in particular is so miserable that it’s having an adverse affect on the entire production!

Luckily, if the drama returns for another season — and there’s no reason to think it won’t — there’s an outside chance producers may pack up and head to Cali. Mind you, the reason isn’t JUST the disgruntled cast. Filming away from TV Central has turned out to be far more expensive than anticipated. And while the show’s ratings are strong, they ain’t strong enough to justify the bulging budget.

So, any guesses as to the identity of the actor? The show? The location? Hit me with your best shots below!

1. TamiProdAsst says:

it’s a show that films in Atlanta

2. B says:

Hawaii 5-0? No idea about which actor though.

3. Matt says:

Hawaii 5-O

4. Mel says:

My guess is Hawaii 5-0 and Alex O’Loughlin.

5. Dwight says:

Vampire Diaries?

6. Jersey Jeff says:

It must be CSI Miami!

7. Steve says:

It’s ‘Hawaii-5-0’!! No doubt about it.
    The show is expensive, doesn’t shoot in LA and not doing as well as CBS had definetely hoped. Alex O-something could be the star here. CBS has loved him before he was even born and he seems to be a ‘LA Town-boy’.

Hawaii-5-0 it is!!

• Liz says:

Isn’t it the number 1 new drama? How is that not doing as well as they hoped?

• Denise says:

Because this season has been hideous.
        H50 is the winner in the Losers List. That doesn’t make it a hit. The numbers is getting are not good enough for CBS and for all the money they are wasting in it, just think that NCSI gets 20 million viewers each week , and H50 only 10.

8. Rolfe says:

The Vampire Diaries? They shoot in Georgia.

• moviechicka says:

I work in GA television and it’s significantly cheaper to film here than in LA. We have loads of tax credits for productions. It’s why most ABC Family movies & Lifetime movies are shot here now.

• Rolfe says:

If it is TVD, I’m guessing the actor is Ian Somerhalder.

• Liz says:

No way! Ian is from the south and absolutely loves filming there – just read his twitter if you don’t believe me!

• Lynne says:

I agree that Ian Somerhalder is happy filming in Georgia. He’s from Louisiana and he tweets alot. I’ve never heard in the press any grumblings coming from the cast. Its Hawaii Five-0. Both Scott Caan and Alex O’Loughlin recently did a couple of interviews saying they were working way too many hours and they were tired. Scott also mentioned the numbers weren’t high enough in the ratings and he had some movie scripts he was working on.

9. craig says:

wow for a change your readers wont be able to guess their favorite – GREYS. They cant even guess OFF THE MAP, since you said HIT. Its not Detroit 187, since theres no way that’s returning next season. So basically your readers can exclude any ABC show. Odds are its THE GODO WIFE.

10. KW says:

Detroit 187?

• Elizabeth says:

That was my guess. And that’s sad because I’m sure Detroit & Michigan are bending over backwards to help production out.

11. Happy Go Lucky says:

Hawaii 5-0?

12. Jason says:

Sounds like Hawaii 5-0.

13. Linds says:

Hawaii 5-0?

14. craig says:

OH yeah, I think your readers are correct, this sounds like H50

15. Youare_ugly says:

White Collar/Gossip Girl.

16. Jen says:

Hawaii 5-0. Daniel Dae Kim has put his home on the market and has sold his shares of a business.

17. Jersey Jeff says:

Maybe Blue Bloods, Tom Selleck commutes from LA to NY, and they arrange the shooting around his travel schedule.

18. Beth says:

Scott Caan & Hawaii 5-0 – but I’m not sure how they could possibly pass LA for Hawaii, LOL

• Gitano says:

Well, Lost managed to pass Honolulu off for several locations on the mainland, including LA, for years, so it might be able to be done. If it uses the beach a lot.

19. Sara says:

Hawaii Five-0 and Scott Caan. He’s been very vocal about his unhappiness with the distance from his LA home and the crazy long working hours.

20. Lindsay says:

I hope it’s not “Detroit 187”.

• Steve says:

Seriously?! That show has been averaging very poor low ratings it’s heading for cancellationville!! It’s not a hit show.

21. Stephanie says:

Vampire Diaries for sure!

22. Andy says:

Doesn’t Hawaii 5-0 shoot in Hawaii? They were all there wen they recieved People’s Choice award for Fave new drama series…

23. Joann says:

I’m going to go out on limb here and say The Good Wife — it shoots in New York and it’s supposed to be Chicago. Could be that some of the regulars would like to be in LA — but where would they get that chill that is normal in Chicago?

24. Donna says:

My first thought is Hawaii 5-0 because I have heard EVERYTHING is more expensive in Hawaii. BUT if they move it, I imagine Daniel Dae-Kim is going to be REALLY mad. I’ve heard he took the job so he wouldn’t have to move after Lost.

25. Anon says:

Gossip Girl? Taylor Momsen?

26. Karen says:

I say Blue Blodds & Tom Selleck

27. Kate says:

The Good Wife ? Films in New York.

Can’t say the demo ratings are all that strong though, however critically acclaimed it is.

28. Bob says:

If it’s Hawaii Five-0, not ALL the stars are unhappy – Daniel Dae Kim signed on BECAUSE he already lived there after shooting LOST.

29. H50 says:

Taryn manning went on a rant on twitter the other day about this so I’m guessing it’s Hawaii five-0. Hopefully she’s done on the show. She was awful!

30. TheDude says:

Vampire Diaries.

31. Shoemaker says:

Hawaii 5-0 is my guess…Show rocks even though it has more product placement than any other show on TV, but it has to be mad expensive filming and producing out there. Hate to hear one of the hotties is being a d-bag though…My guess is Alex O’Loughlin…he seems much more high maintenance than Scott Caan

32. Erin says:

Hawaii 5-0 was my first thought too but I don’t know how they could move the production to LA. I just don’t think LA would give the same destination shots that Hawaii can. Now he could be lying but I just saw somewhere that Alex O loves shooting in Hawaii. And if they moved to LA what about Daniel Dae Kim? He wanted to stay in Hawaii after Lost. But I don’t know of any other show that it could be, so I don’t know.

33. Paul says:

I’m guessing it’s Dexter.

34. Jeff says:

I say Chris Noth and The Good Wife

• moviechicka says:

But Chris Noth is used to filming in New York. All of his major shows have been New York based.

• Rolfe says:

Chris Noth has shot Sex and the City and Law & Order: CI in NYC for years. Why suddenly be unhappy with working in New York? I doubt it is a New York based show.

35. REA says:

It’s not Hawaii Five-O because it’s already been renewed. Whatever show this is has not been renewed yet.

36. OLaughing Press says:

Alex O’Loughlin and Scott Caan have made it clear they have been unhappy with the work schedule. Also, Alex has not been thrilled about where his character is going. He wants Steve McGarrett to be more dimensional. Last we heard, CBS said no. No telling what might happen as they continue filming the second half of the season.

37. GJ says:

Nikita springs to mind?

38. REA says:

It’s not Hawaii Five-O because it’s already been renewed. Whatever show this is has not been renewed yet, as the clues say.

39. irg19 says:

I have no clue what show this is…so many shows don’t film in L.A.

40. Rita says:

I’m guessing Tom Selleck is the actor and “Blue Bloods” is the show.

41. Jennifer says:

He says it’s a show with strong ratings. I don’t think The Good Wife’s ratings would be considered strong right now. My money would be on H50. Strong ratings but not the juggernaut CBS had hoped for.

42. V says:

My guess is Hawaii Five-0. Although I have no clue how the are going to pull off L.A. for Hawaii.

43. Karen says:

I say Blue Bloods & Tom Selleck

44. Susan says:

Just a guess on my part, of course, but is it Mariska Hargitay and Law and Order :Special Victims Unit?When Lo:LA was first introduced and she as Benson was in the first episode as a crossover between the two shows, the media and the production staff of Dick Wolf were saying how happy she was to be filming in her home state of California.I know she’s paid very well for her portrayal of Olivia Benson.Also the show’s producer Neal Baer is leaving in June 2011,its future uncertain despite pretty good ratings…My suggestion is that if this is the last season for SVU maybe she can transfer to LO:LA-for however that show may last. Its certainly not the compelling show that Law and Order(original) series was or SVU,for that matter.

45. angi says:

I Also think it’s The Good Wife. They have a big (and wonderful) cast and they shoot in many different sets and many scenes outdoors so it must be expensive. Also I have to say that everything about the show looks quite expensive.

46. Megan says:

Of course Alex O´Laughling.
    Both, him and Scott have complained they are not happy there. Even Taryn Manning said in Tweeter weeks ago that all the cast was unhappy. Plus Alex must feel pretty bad because Scott has totally stolen the show from him, even the Golden Globe nomination. He was put there by CBS to be the lead , but because his acting is not good Scott is the king.
    CBS put tons of $$ there expecting a megahit and it is getting 10 million viewers. Mediocre results for that kind of money.

47. irg19 says:

To those saying Hawaii Five-0: The show has HAWAII in the title, there’s no way they can shoot anywhere else.

48. Lindsay says:

My first thought was Hawaii Five-0 also. Which makes my sad. I love the show and I hate to think the cast is unhappy. I really don’t know if you can pass LA off as Hawaii. I guess they could have a small unit in Hawaii for exterior and scenery shots, but I won’t be the same. Really hope I am wrong. One the other hand wouldn’t the actor know what they are getting into signing on to a show called HAWAII Five-0. I mean obviously they would realize the show would be filmed there.

49. Chelsey says:

Does Fringe still shoot in Vancouver? I’d say them, and Anna Torv. They’re not in LA, the show will *more than likely* return next season, the show’s successful but not successful enough to justify the budget, and I was under the impression that shooting in Canada (maybe it’s just BC) is far more expensive than the US because of taxes and such…

The Good Wife is way too successful and I don’t see why their budget would be that high, there are no special effects or anything to deal with… Hawaii 5-0 is possible but why would people complain about being in Hawaii??

• Jaymii says:

Vancouver is waaay cheaper. It’s why the SyFy/The CW supernatural stuff films there.

• Chelsey says:

Hm that’s fair, I was under the impression it was more expensive but I think that may only be related to films (I’m positive I heard that SOMEWHERE, maybe I’m going nuts)

50. Denise says:

My guess is Vampire Diaries and Paul Wesley.