Exclusive: Torchwood Adds All My Children Vet Havins, Dollhouse Alum Lachman

Captain Jack is putting the finishing touches on his new Torchwood team.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that All My Children starlet (and upcoming Grey’s Anatomy guest star) Alexa Havins has joined the upcoming fourth season of the cult smash as a series regular.

Additionally, Dollhouse beauty Dichen Lachman has signed on to guest star in the premiere.

RELATED: Exclusive: Bill Pullman Joins Torchwood As Regular

Havins will play Esther Katusi, a CIA Watch Analyst who possesses an unshakable faith in human nature and a monster crush on colleague Rex (played by fellow T’wood rookie Mekhi Phifer). Greek‘s Amber Stevens had been circling the role.

Havins can next be seen in the Feb. 10 episode of Grey’s playing the new much younger girlfriend of Mer and Lexie’s father, Thatcher.

RELATED: Exclusive: Mekhi Phifer Set As Torchwood Lead

Also joining series stars John Barrowman and Eva Myles this coming season are Bill Pullman (as the Big Bad) and Crash‘s Arlene Tur (as a surgeon).

RELATED: Crash Star Arlene Tur Boards Torchwood

Season 4 of Torchwood will air stateside on Starz in a co-production deal with BBC Worldwide Prods.

Comments (37)

• I *really* wish that Dichen Lachman was being added as a series regular (nothing against the actress that they hired for that .. just that I think Dichen is very talented and would love her to get a longer run on the show).

Comment by CandyMaize – January 5, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I’ve been a fan of Dichen’s since Neighbours and she was fantastic on Dollhouse. Either way, great news but I wish she was in more than one episode.

Comment by irg19 – January 5, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EVE Myles, not Eva. Would prefer Dichen for a regular, but i’ll take what i can get.

Comment by NikkiHolly – January 5, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite “Babe” and an awesome babe! While this incarnation of “Torchwood” is totally kicking butt in the casting department, I hope they don’t forget that Jon and Eve are the franchise.

Comment by popGeezer – January 5, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Capt. Jack each day here on BBCA and loving each and every repeat minute of it. That old team was the best and the hub, so sad it is blown to bits, was stellar. I am ready for a new look to one of the best shows ever made.

Comment by enoughenoughnow! – January 5, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so looking forward to Torchwood but I’ve never liked Alexa Havins in anything. So this is going to be a big disapointment.

Comment by Joanna – January 5, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure how I feel about all this casting news. I get that it is being produced in partnership with Starz, but all the new additions are American (or Canadian). I feel like it is going to lose its British roots that I loved so much.

Comment by Mikaylah – January 5, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dichen Lachman isn’t American

Comment by gossi – January 5, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dichen Lachman I think is Australian. she was brilliant in Neighbours and had a great roll in Dollhouse. Can’t wait to see her back on British TV. I hope she performs as good in Torchwood as she did in Dollhouse and gets offered a longer contract.

Comment by Steve McQuarrie – January 5, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, she’s an Aussie.

Comment by britgirl – January 5, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • popGeezer, I’d have to say that John Barrowman alone is the franchise. If the Captain Jack Harkness character wasn’t so awesome during Christopher Eccleston’s time as Doctor Who, then there wouldn’t have ever been a Torchwood spinoff.

Anyway, like everyone else I’m looking forward to the “American reboot” of Torchwood and I hope it doesn’t disappoint because the 3 series set in the UK were stellar and would be hard to better.

Comment by Scott – January 5, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • booo was really hoping Amber Stevens got the role

Comment by ggny – January 5, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha more awful american choices, rip torchwood

Comment by Addie – January 5, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Torchwood, but I’m not very excited about any of the casting announcements so far. The only character I’m looking forward to is Captain Jack. He makes the show, just as David Tennant made Doctor Who.

Comment by mgb – January 5, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mekhi Phifer is great at least….

Comment by McD – March 30, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is wonderful news! Alexa Havens is great! She single-handedly made me like a character that really was quite unlikeable on All My Children. I’m glad to see she’ll be on one of my favorite shows!

Comment by David – January 5, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not an hysterical woman (don’t worry), but I’m wandering around Cardiff Bay as we speak and it seems like people haven’t forgotten Ianto yet. JUST SAYING.

Comment by Maggie – January 5, 2011 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In both cases these will be wonderful additions. Just wish that the Havins/Phifer tension didn’t read like Tosh/Owen all over again. And my money is on Lachman playing on ‘team Big Bad’. Very excited to see this series return.

Comment by Michele – January 5, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That would be EVE Myles, not Eva.

Comment by Claire – January 5, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Details are scare about Lachman’s character, save for that she also works at the CIA. Does that mean the details are scared or did you mean scarce.

I love both actresses. Awesome.

Comment by raelee514 – January 5, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wooooooo! More work for Dichen is a great thing. She is beautiful and talented.

But…What about Enver Gjokaj? He needs his own show, STAT! (Whatever stat actually means. I think it’s a doctor thing.)

Comment by Vince Noir – January 5, 2011 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Enver has been cast in the lead of a USA network pilot playing a con man. So he basically has been given is own show. Well, if they pick it up. But with his talent, surely they will.

Comment by Jonny – January 6, 2011 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the worst casting news ever. I’m sorry but I hated Babe Chandler with a passion, she’s the reason I stopped watching AMC, and while its completely irrational Alexa Havins will always be Babe.

Comment by Nicki – January 5, 2011 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Given the character details and that he’s a member of the team, Bill Pullman’s character is NOT playing the Big Bad. He’s playing an antihero.

Comment by Isaac – January 5, 2011 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Given that the character is a paedophile, I wouldn’t call him a Big Bad and neither an antihero. I’d just call him unwatchable. Like the show itself. RTD and his recurring sensationalism in place of good writing! Now he’s going to ruin Bill Pullman’s career too. Great!

Blah.

Comment by Nick – January 6, 2011 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just saying the same thing this morning, about Enver. Holy mother, can that man act. O_O

Comment by Lauren – January 6, 2011 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh,there’s not a chance I’ll watch this crap. RIP TORCHWOOD
    Way to go, Russell. First you turned your back on gay community and now you are turning your back on England too. Wales hates you, jerk!

Comment by RIP – January 6, 2011 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • USA TV = TOTAL UTTER CRAP
    that was an uk tv show about a bisexual captain and his team.
    if you americans want to produce yet another boring romance show with no talented horrible actors, at least have the guts to make it new and not murdering a show someone else made.

Comment by america suks – January 6, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last time I looked nobody really cared one way or the other what the Brits thought about American anything. Guess you have no knowledge of Archie Bunker/All In the Family, Sanford & Son…etc. Norman Lear crafted these shows originating from British television and it became hugely successful.

Comment by carol faver – January 6, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe had the BBC not turned its back on Torchwood in the first place, it would still be a completely British production. RTD has stated in several interviews that he could not get Torchwood Series 4 off the ground because there wasn’t enough interest at BBC to continue the show, even after the great ratings for Children of the Earth. That’s where Starz jumped in and agreed to help offset the production costs. If Torchwood becomes a flop under American guidance (and I’m certainly not saying it will, I actually think the opposite) then you have no one to blame but the BBC

Comment by David – January 7, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok so I have very low expectations about Starz being able to pull off Torchwood, but I still thought out of the American channels after Spartacus they could pull it off. Not even going into the fact that bringing Torchwood over here makes no sense,but whatever. But Babe could not act on AMC, not out of a paper sack. She will not be able to hold her own and it is going to show right off the bat that this is a bad choice. So yeah even for my love of Barrowman and love of the original Torchwood, it is going to suck so hard, we can’t and don’t make tv like they do over there.

Comment by Nicole – January 6, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not see Gwen’s ( Eve Miles) Husband listed in the show. I am curious how they are going to spin he having a baby too

Comment by karen – January 6, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kai Owen (who plays Rhys) has confirmed that he will be appearing in this season. And I believe the actor who plays PC Andy has said he’ll be appearing as well.

Comment by I_Captain Blanco – January 6, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m glad Kai Owen is being involved. He’s been a very big advocate for the series and attended heaps of Torchwood Cons, when the bigger names can’t go and he associates with the fans really well.

I totally second Michele, in the fear that Havins new role sounds like Tosh 2.0 and crush very Owen-esque. Do we think Lachman could end be a Suzie style character?

I just hope that they pay reference to the past. I don’t expect Ianto to come back to life (damn!) but could I at least have Jack mention him, or Tosh or Owen. Some acknowledgement of losing his team.

Comment by FlossAus – January 6, 2011 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And they just ruined the future of BBC America by hiring a reject from Discovery Communications to run their non-scripted (reality) department. More American TV c**p where it doesn’t belong.

Comment by Bob – January 7, 2011 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like her, I was going to watch, now I won’t bother.

Comment by ohyea – January 15, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I continuously visit your blog and retrieve everything you post here but I never commented but nowadays once I saw this post, i couldn’t stop myself from commenting here. great mate!

Comment by czyszczenie grobów – February 12, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post