Glee, House Win Big At People's Choice Awards

Glee and House each doubled up on wins at the People’s Choice Awards held Wednesday night.

Glee won Favorite TV Comedy, while scene stealer Jane Lynch was named Favorite TV Comedy Actress. Similarly, House won Favorite TV Drama while leading lady Lisa Edelstein took home the Favorite TV Drama Actress crystal trophy thingamabob.

Other winners in major TV categories included How I Met Your Mother‘s Neil Patrick Harris (Favorite TV Comedy Actor), Conan O’Brien (Favorite Talk Show Host) and Keeping Up With The Kardashians (Favorite Guilty Pleasure). Hawaii Five-0 and $#*! My Dad Says won Favorite New Drama and Comedy, respectively.

Presenters from the smaller screen included Private Practice‘s pretty pairing of Kate Walsh and Taye Diggs, Big Bang bombshell Kaley Cuoco, Chuck‘s Zachary Levi, Modern Family‘s Julie Bowen and Desperate Housewife Vanessa Williams.

The broadcast, carried by CBS, kicked off with a surprise presenter — Jennifer Aniston. Queen Latifah hosted the oftentimes plodding proceedings, left on multiple occasions to battle technical glitches or freely banter with members of the audience. I don’t usually think much about the Twilight kiddies, but ouch — they were targeted with some agonizing material.

Performers on the telecast included Favorite Breakout Artist Selena Gomez (whose neutered mic made the lyrics “Can you hear me calling?” rather ironic) and The People’s Voice, Kid Rock.

A complete list of all winners, presented on-air and not, was to be posted at PeoplesChoice.com.

1. Rolfe says:

I’m glad you watched so we didn’t have to. I could not have handled a performance by Selena Gomez and two hours of Queen Latifah as host.

2. Shane says:

What a shame. “Glee” over “Modern Family”? “Bleep My Dad Says” winning an award?! If this was “Lost” or “Fringe”, I’d definitely want to be in the sideways/”over-there” worlds.

• Jeanne says:

I completely agree with your preference of Modern Family over Glee, and yay for the Lost reference :)
      I’m glad that House won so many, and that NPH won! :D

• Irishgirl says:

Speaking of ‘Fringe’……it won for Favorite Sci Fi/Fantasy Show!

• Ann says:

This is a battle on how many fanbase voted on their fave shows/actors/movies. And since Glee and House has a lot of enthusiastic fans around the world of course they win. You should have voted hundred times and encouraged more of Modern Family fans to vote so they will win next time!

• Katreniah says:

I really enjoy “Modern Family”, but I have to say that I get all a-tingle when a new “Glee” episode is going to air. They both make me smile, but “Glee” has even broken my heart a few times and left me speechless. That’s why I voted for it over “MF”.

3. Gen says:

I was so happy for Lisa Edelstein and House! Lisa was so sweet to read names of people on twitter who voted for her. Was Hugh Laurie actually at the awards? I didn’t see him at all.

4. mary says:

AND HUGH LAURIE won best doctor and best drama actor!! Total win for House tonight. :D

5. Lorena says:

House is the best. Jennifer Aniston is the besT

6. Doc says:

Hugh Laurie didn’t even bother to show up to the awards. Pretty lame.

7. bruna cora says:

Lisa E Rocks! she deserve this more than everyone!

• Cuddyfangirlsaremorons says:

Why?! For ruining the show and turning it into the Cuddy show?! She deserves least.

• Ant says:

Don’t think it’s in her power to turn show into anything. Blame the writers and producers. For what they make her do, she is brilliant, adding her personality to a flatly written character and giving it dimension. Her award is well deserved and a great message to every hard-working actor. Congrats!

8. Emgee says:

Awesome for House. COngrats to the cast & crew and to Lisa E!

9. Beezy says:

Hell Yes! ‘Bout time Cuddy got some recognition! Congrats Lisa E!!!!

10. Jane2 says:

So happy for LisaE! A well deserved win.

11. Kevin H. says:

Oh Matt–you had me at “I don’t usually think much about the Twilight kiddies, but ouch — they were targeted with some agonizing material.”

12. Liz says:

Guess what, Lisa Edelstein only won because her fangirls used voting bots. Ridiculous award. Good for Hugh that he didn’t even bother to attend.

• Ant says:

Nah, every fandom cheated. The Vampire Dairies fans massively botted the poll (google their forums and check three-four top links). Doubt that teenage geeks would lose to an adult audience of House in cheating department. Either bot votes were not counted, or House has simply more fans on top of the rigged votes.

13. Ingmar says:

Always surprised by these awards. Can’t believe House got the best drama award instead of Grey’s Anatomy or The Good Wife. Same with Lisa Edelstein ; and all the Glee Hype. Don’t get me wrong, I love Glee, but for the humor I rather watch Desperate Housewives. These awards are only a popularity contest. The real quality shows and actors get awards at the emmy’s and golden globes.

• Ant says:

Does People’s Choice Awards show claim to be anything but? Of course it’s a popularity contest by definition! As to the second part of your statement, it just shows how little you know on the subject. Golden Globes is the biggest whorefest of them all, foreign press members bribed to their teeth by NBC and its affiliates.

• Katreniah says:

I love Glee, and it had quite a few awesome episodes. I voted for it for best comedy, because that’s where it was nominated. I don’t think of it as a comedy, and if I’d been given the choice, I would have voted for it for best drama or something. But I could only use what they offered.

14. Linda says:

Seriously? Parks & Rec didn’t win for best comedy?
    People have no sense of humor. Season 2 was incredible!

15. DianaD says:

How could you not publish that Fringe won for Favorite Sci Fi/Fantasy Show?? Best show EVER!!!!

16. Ace says:

I just don’t understand why there is a separate PCA and Teen Choice Awards. Do they really think it is different groups voting?

17. EM says:

I’ve never watched this show because it just seems like a very long commercial. Isn’t this one of those award shows that they know beforehand who won so that the person will even show up to accept? It seems the average age of the voter was about 15. Some of the winners definitely do deserve recognition, but overall the whole show is pathetic.

18. Andreina says:

I am sorry Hugh Laurie didn’t show up. He is smart enough to know that this is a popularity contest. In fact, in other years he went along and showed great enthusiasm. Any publicity is good publicity and any buzz is good for his show. I feel he must have had a good reason not to go. He is such a great guy most other times. I don’t think he wants to offend his fans…and he kinda did!

19. Kelsey says:

You know who else “won big”? Lie to Me!
    Lie to Me won just as many awards as House and Glee so why no love?

20. Glad I stumbled upon this site, great read.