Exclusive

Exclusive: Gossip Girl Flirts with Dan/Blair Romance

Spotted: an unlikely twosome on the Upper East Side. As first hinted in last month’s fall finale, Gossip Girl will explore a deepening bond between mortal enemies Dan and Blair when the show returns on January 24. Although executive producer Stephanie Savage declines to say just how close the two will grow, she believes that the relationship is rife with potential.

“The Dan and Blair connection is something that’s been there from the earliest episodes,” she tells TVLine.com. “Their relationship to Serena, and the degree to which they’re polar opposites and represent everything that the other hates, makes their dynamic really charged. At the same time, they are characters that have a lot in common. They are the most book-smart characters. They share a lot of the same interests. And as much as they might want to hate each other, there are a lot of reasons for them to like each other. So it’s a really fun dynamic to write.”

And to watch. The recent episode that turned the pair into junior detectives attempting to unravel the Juliet mystery confirmed what I’ve been saying for years: Penn Badgley and Leighton Meester have enough chemistry to ignite an entire laboratory. “We were inspired a lot by ’30s and ’40s screwball comedies, like The Philadelphia Story with Katharine Hepburn and Jimmy Stewart,” says Savage. “You basically have two people that hate each other but are smart enough to enjoy each other’s banter. “

Of course, not everyone is salivating at the prospect of a Dan/Blair pairing. Savage is well aware that there’s a large segment of the show’s viewership that would prefer for Dan and Blair remain at odds. “I would say that those issues that fans are struggling with are the exactly the same issues they’ll see Dan and Blair struggling with,” she says. “There’s a lot of ambivalence and even revulsion on their part.”

Embarking on such a polarizing storyline is “definitely nerve-racking,” Savage confesses, “but it’s also exciting, and that’s kind of the tightrope of working on a show like Gossip Girl where fans are so passionate. On the one hand, you want to keep people happy all the time, but if you don’t try new things, people get bored.”

Well, unless you’ve been living under the chip on Jenny’s shoulder for the last fourth months, you know that Gossip Girl‘s fourth season has been anything but boring. Much of the credit for the show’s creative resurgence belongs to a compelling and expertly plotted A story revolving around Katie Cassidy’s Big Bad Juliet. But with Big J (and Little J, for that matter) out of the picture, at least for now, how does the CW soap plan to maintain its momentum during the latter half of the season? In addition to the Dan/Blair arc (which involves the pair working together at a fashion magazine), Serena will attempt to make a go of a romance with her wrongly accused former teacher (and Juliet’s bro) Ben, Lily will begin the long journey back from the doghouse she has found herself in (with a little help from her returning ex, Billy Baldwin), Nate will adjust to having his divorced former jailbird father as his quasi-roommate, and two new characters — the Donald and Ivanka Trump-esque father/daughter team of Russell and Raina Thorpe (Michael Boatman and Tika Sumpter) — will shake up Chuck’s personal and professional worlds.

And getting back to Jenny, what part — if any — will Dan’s MIA sis play in all of this? Savage says the size of Taylor Momsen’s role on the show is “something we’re figuring out as we go along.” Is there any set date for her return? “Nothing that I want to talk about,” she says. “I liked how in the first half of the season people didn’t know when she was coming back. I think that helps the storytelling.”

1. irg19 says:

The first half of this season of Gossip Girl was way better than seasons 2 and 3 where storylines fizzled after 2 episodes. Can’t wait to see more Dan and Blair, their banter is hilarious.

• belinda says:

AGREED! I can’t wait!

I think it’s pretty funny Chuck and Blair fans are so against it. Reading Savage’s apt description of Dan and Blair, it’s not unlike a description of Chuck and Blair before they hooked up at the beginning(except it’s sort of on the other side of the spectrum of similarities and differences). It’s the classic love-hate relationship for both couples, and that is why I’m so darn excited about Dan and Blair – I can’t wait for the fun bantering to begin!

• PLEASE says:

Maybe it’s cause’ we like CB, not DB.

• Please Noooooooooooo says:

Let’s hope this is just a small bump in what are the main loves of GG the central stories of Chuck & Blair and Serena and Dan, BTW Give Nate a descent long term GF. He needs some loving too.
          Even though it might burn my eyes to see it I WILL NOT BELIEVE IT UNTIL I SEE IT
          I love my Chuck, well TBH only when he is with Blair is he ‘lovely!!!
          Blair without Chuck as her equal and ally is just a rich kid that lost her crown after high school.
          Both will be far less interesting without the other.
          Without Blair & Chuck I will lose the love for this show. It will mean nothing to me. Even if they aim to make Ban work I will never accepted second best.

2. S says:

Ugh. Dan and Blair are great as frenemies or maybe even friends. Romanticizing them will just suck.

3. danelle says:

Little J should never come back. And Lily is annoying, how many times is she going to mess up and be forgiven? shes deluded.

4. Ellie says:

I would love to see Dan and Blair hook-up, it’s true that they have amazing chemistry.

5. Gabby says:

I can’t wait to see the Dan/Blair dynamic develop some more. I stopped watching Gossip Girl halfway through season 3. I saw a promo for 4.11 and I was so excited to see an episode with lots of DB interaction. I was hooked and now I can’t for the rest of the season. Hopefully their storyline turns out good. They have so much potential.

6. brooke says:

im excited about the dan and blair pairing! its gonna be so interesting and they do have lotsss of chemistry! its weird, but works.

7. aly says:

Why does EVERYONE on this show have to hook up…what makes Dan/Blair great is their frenemie relationship but once something else happens there relationship will never be the same. Gosh cant they get Blair to hook up with someone who is not Chuck, Nate, or Dan.

• Gabby says:

i would agree if this show didn’t hook up pretty much every possible pairing together, but they do. soooooo, i feel like it’s only fair to DB fans that their pairing gets a chance. Besides, after the effery that was Chuck/Jenny…please DB can happen. lol

• T says:

Thats called BAD WRITING, the writers keep ruining every couple just to satisfy the different fan bases, it ridiculous. There is not one good couple in this show its just sad how much potential this show had at one point and it just went down hill from there….and I blame Savage. Know Blair is gonna be Vanessa 2.0, hooked up with all the main guys, I guess next season Chuck and Serena will happen

• Gabby says:

Yes that is bad writing. Gossip Girl is filled with bad writing. Are you kidding me? You think I don’t know that. That’s why I stopped watching ages ago. But this show (in my opinion) has already been shot to hell, so the least they can do is satisfy that last fanbase that hasn’t been satisfied yet.

• A says:

You are exactly correct T. If they wanted to put their backs into it, they could’ve given the characters more integrity than just have everyone hook up with each other to satisfy every fanbase. GG could’ve elevated itself beyond other teen soaps and not done that, but unfortunately they didn’t.

Instead they should worry about character developing storylines that show that not everyone is as cold hearted and materialistic as non-fans think the show is, and that there is should excellent plot development that doesn’t leave huge holes in the overall storyline, and doesn’t retcon something from the past to be able to fit a current season’s plot.

• Meg says:

No kidding- it’s disgusting

• bon says:

Yes, they tried to trash CB just to justify this mess, it’s why this show has gone off my DVR.

• Meg says:

Apparently they want the cast to have a big orgy.

8. Sarah says:

gimmie more dan and bliar!! best couple on gg in YEARS

9. Tobey says:

I am excited for the Dan/Blair potential. Even if they just end up at BFFs. Their chemistry is great. It’s the first time that I have ever been excited to new episodes of GG.

• Charlie says:

I second this.
      I actually cannot wait for the episode every week.
      Like, something NEW and INTERESTING for once, other than chuck/blair, chuck breaking her heart etc etc. Or Serena screwing Dan over again and again.
      Besides, we all know Dair will make Chair and possibly Derena work a lot better as an endgame. (if that’s the writers plan?)

• Tamara says:

Me too, honestly I’ve been really put off of watching GG this season mainly because of the terribly annoying character that is Serena. Serena getting into Columbia despite being a mediocre student. Serena being indecisive over Dan and Nate. Serena unable to keep her hands off her professor. Serena angry that the Dean is daring to kick her out (because really kissing a professor is totally not against the rules). Serena’s sluttiness forcing her mother to make an awful decision. Serena blaming everything on her mother for that awful decision. Basically, Serena always screwing up and still getting what she wants in the end.
        I’m so excited about DB, I love their banter and I think it’ll be nice to see Blair getting something of Serena’s for a change, instead of the other way around. Also, Dan needs to banter/flirt with someone who’s of the same intellectual level as him lol.

10. T says:

The reason why Dan/Blair have good chemistry is because of Leighton, that girl can have chemistry with a rock and it would be awesome. I really dont see why the writers are making Dan and Blair get together, everyone knows it wont last.

11. Vannessa says:

Dan and Blair, are SO SO SO funny together! Fun to watch again.

12. Gloria says:

I’m waiting for Dair since season 1, they have so much chemistry and so much to learn from each other. I’m tired of the dark drama that is Chuck and Blair.

• Steph says:

They aren’t going away Chair are the OTP not crapy DB

• K says:

LOL, we get it, your a chair fan.
        If you were truly a chair fan, you’d see that at the moment their relationship is unhealthy and blair /needs/ this to grow. If she doesn’t, and you expect Chair not to date anyone else, Chair can’t be end game. Simple as that.

13. Natalia says:

DAN and BLAIR need to happen like YESTERDAY. make it happen

14. angel says:

Dan and Blair and Romance?? I can’t even think them as friends how can I like them being in romance??
    From now on I hope Serena and Chuck romace happens at least they have a hot sexual chemistry.
    Why do GG keeps hooking up all the characters??
    I hate Dan Blair scenes they are nothing but BORİNG!
    AND PLEASE DB FANS OBVİOUSLY YOU ARE MAKİNG MULTİPLE ACCOUNTS TO MAKE DB SEEM LİKE EVERYONE WAS WAİTİNG TO SEE.
    MOST PEOPLE HATE DAN BLAİR ROMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope GG gets cancelled because its getting gross day by day.

• Meg says:

No kidding! No one gives a CRAP about Dan or DB.

• PLEASE says:

LIKES THIS

• Chase says:

Haha! I love how all the CB fans want CS, and yet act all offended about how DB will affect SB. You don’t care about SB or about Blair. Nothing would do more damage to your ‘ship’ than this pairing, and you don’t even get how hypocritical you are. DB is probably the most likely thing to actually get you CS, so why are you bitching? I’ll laugh, because they will write Chuck as Serena’s little bitch and that would be funny.

• N says:

Gotta say, you so called ‘chair’ fans are just obsessed with CHUCK more than anything.

• Mrs.Depp says:

i agree, i mean majority of the chair fans are Chuck fans and they dont want to see himm alone..but if u consider the other part of chair u will see that Blair needs someone to treat her right at least for awhile

15. perla says:

“if you don’t try new things, people get bored.” Does this mean there is going to be a Vanessa/Rufus, Chuck/Lily, Dan/Nate, Eric/Jenny etc..its seems like the purpose of this show is to see how many random couples can be achieved throughout its course. Oh SS why did you have to take over this show?

16. Caitie says:

I am sooo excited about this! And so happy with this interview! I was worried SS was going to have another “blip” moment.

17. anon says:

Does anyone think of the consequences of Dan and Blair? Serena has a new love interest but what if your best friend hooked up with your ex? Would you be happy? Dan/Blair are nothing but a catapult for another Blair/Serena fallout. You will not see any more Dan/Blair banter after this ” hook up ” because their dynamic will be ruined. Lazy writing and the need for an OMFG factor. Should have kept them as frenemies because that is where they strive.

• Panda says:

This is exactly how i feel about the whole Dan and Blair thing its just wrong but what pisses me off more it that this hookup will just be a prop for CB, DS, SB….what makes DB great will be ruined and just like every other couple on this show their “relationship” or whatever its is wont last more than a couple episodes. This reminds me of when Vanessa and Chuck got together, it was an OMG moment that was useless and unnecessary same thing goes for what happened last season with Chuck and Jenny… unnecessary.

• Emm says:

That is true, I momentarily forgot about S & B being best friends BUT they did smooth things over between them after the dirt of S hooking up with Nate came out.

Circles like this, kids with money & the people on the fringe, do get ‘incestuous’. Like male friends have said to me, guys aren’t friends with girls they aren’t attracted to. Since this circle of people is disproportionate in the ratio of attractive to unattractive (ie. they are all appealing, Lol) I could see Dan & Blair hooking up…for how long, not sure.

• PLEASE says:

But Blair was over Nate a long time ago. S and D are not. Huge difference and one people are missing.

• Chase says:

Are you serious? Serena and Nate hooked up when he’d been Blair’s boyfriend for forever,they were together, taking Nate’s virginity, and that she was planning on marrying. They had not been ‘over for a long time’. Serena is involved with a different guy and we don’t even know what goes down with Blair and Dan. They haven’t been a couple in quite some time.

Weren’t you just saying how hot CS would be? If Chuck and Blair are OTP (seeing as Blair has only loved him for seasons) doesn’t that just make you a giant hypocrite?

18. Krista says:

I love the direction Dan and Blair are heading in. I like Serena, but Dan deserves better! Although I will miss Blair and Chuck. Those two were always my favorite.

19. eths says:

I have nothing against DB banter, it can be enjoyable. But making them hooking up is just cliché and lame. Besides if this writers will finally stop making Chuck the lost Emoboy with daddy issues and throw him under the bus for drama’s sake, Chuck&Blair can beat DB banter like any other. They were amazing during the past episodes.

20. Michael says:

I finally started watching Gossip Girl again this season like I did in season one (I would watch here and there for seasons one and two but this season I’ve been catching it every Monday!!) and the Juliet storyline was actually compelling. So I applaud them for that. Too bad that they treat midseason finales like actual finales on this show because it could have been much better.

As for Dan and Blair being more than friends (or “frenemies”): can’t two people of the opposite gender have a platonic relationship on TV? It happens in real life. Be the Liz and Jack of Gossip Girl, Dan and Blair!!! :D

21. Alyssa says:

UGH.

No thanks. Do no want what this lady is selling.

22. Ashley says:

I am definitely completely FOR a Dan/Blair hook-up!!! The fall out will be absolutely delicious!! Besides I need a break from Chair…

23. Today says:

Wow Savage is selling hard and TVline should not be buying. This storyline is a mark of desperation by writers who only know how to do a hook up. Even the actors sound annoyed when they have had to discuss this storyline. You should have called it like it is an unnecessary storyline designed by an exec producer who has no respect for the fans of her show.

24. Jenna says:

Dair SUCK!

25. Meg says:

Savage is an idiot. Most of us dislike DB (BAN). Such a riduculous hookup and , Savage, you are the biggest tool I’ve ever seen. Penn is a dull actor who brings down all around him. Leighton and Ed hace the chemistry ,Sweetie. Get with the program. We want Chuck and Blair simple as that!

26. Steph says:

WOW, I HATE GG! Chuck and Blair need to be together not Blair and idiot Dan.

27. summer says:

Dan and Blair is just the silliest couple with boring silly arguements.They aren’t even funny.I guess second half of the season will be boring at all.I didn2t like 4×11 so I guess I won2t like the rest of that story either.Just pure boring.

28. Amis says:

I’m all for a Dan/Blair relationship, because they completely messed the Blair/Chuck relationship and I love Leighton on the show. Anything that highlights Serena less is A-ok in my book.

• eths says:

And why do you think they “messed up” CB?? For the audience to be ok with the DB hook up. They are good manipulators I will give them that. I just hope that Chuck will be FINALLY redeem and kick some Dan’s ass. If CB is endgame like Stephanie Savage said last year, Chuck needs to be there for blair (not Dan!!) and be worthy of her love for him. Grrr.

• Lois says:

Exactly. That’s what I hate DB so much, they destroyed CB and Chuck’s character to make people ok with DB. It’s called bad writing.

• Jenna says:

I’m starting to be on this train as well. I still see a lot of CB fans but the writers are stupid for doing that just to prop their flavor of the minute.

• E says:

LOL, if anything, this is just a prop FOR Serena. When Serena finds out, it will be all about Serena and her fallout with Blair. Totally would destroy the Blair/Serena friendship.

29. Meg says:

Oh ,please Dan is the most boring character on this show. CB pwn and DB can’t compare. Bring me CB not this trash

30. Natalia says:

Finally!!! I have waited for a storyline between Dan/Blair since season one…and now the fact that this will be romantic makes me even more excited. I cannot believe people still ship Chair, they are toxic to each other and especially to Blair all she does is cry because he’s always hurting her. Anyways, woot to DAIR..I’ve waited too long :]

• jen says:

huh, where does it say anything about being ‘romantic’? the title is totally misleading, since SS didn’t say anything more that they won’t hate each other anymore.
      but you’re right, being with a guy who will always prefer her best friend is so much better for blair! YAY.

31. Jen says:

Savage just needs to STFU sometimes. Leighton needs to get out of this dam show asap she is to good for this mess

32. Courtney says:

Dan and Blair have the chemistry of a life time. They actual provide STORYLINE potential for the show. I’m so excited. Yaaaaay! Thank you for finally going there. Welcome the new Pacey/Joey of this generation.

• Jenna says:

I don’t see them writing them this way- good luck with that. CB will win out in the end, they always do.

• eths says:

I could say the total opposite, lol. I NEVER saw any attraction between them, just indifference. Plus I think they look like twins, it’s frightening! Oh, and the PRINCE LOUIS IS COMING BACK so DB will be done sooon! ;D

• Meg says:

He is???? Good, DB will be over sooner than they start.

• A says:

Supposedly Ben gets out of jail courtsey of Serena…then she forces Dan to take him in as a roommate…which potentially causes the DB hookup to happen between 3.15 and 3.16…but the rumblings of a foreign prince coming around for Blair start as early as Chuck’s sl in 3.17…so yeah it doesn’t last long.

• Jenna says:

Now this has peeked my interest. So the Prince from France is coming back, the one from the premiere? Interesting. So I guess the Dan and Blair mess won’t be lasting then? Why else would they bring the prince back?

• jen says:

lol, IKR? they look like siblings to me, and banter like siblings. don’t see anything appealing about that, idk.

• Caitie says:

Wrong. The prince is coming back so Blair can choose Dan the pauper over her fantasy prince. It’s so obvious.

• PLEASE says:

Chemistry of a lifetime? That award went to CB long ago.

33. Jenna says:

Even Leighton doesn’t buy this BS.And ,Natalia, MANY more ship CB than sad, pathetic DB

34. Ellen says:

I like Dan and Blair as frenemies but NOT in any romantic way!! I hate the revolving door the show has with its couples. Plus, the Blair I love would never do this to Serena! Serena basically admitted that she loves Dan and Blair is such a loyal friend that it is out of character for her to be more than friends with Dan. Also, Blair is smart and beautiful, and she deserves to be someone’s number one, and Serena will always be Dan’s, that’s why this is a fail. Nevermind the fact that both Chuck and Blair have pretty much admitted to being each other’s one-and-onlys. Let her be a powerful woman who doesn’t need a man!

35. Meg says:

They aren’t Pacey and Joey, well, maybe Dan is as annoying as Joey but that’s about it. Good luck to DBer’s you are in for a ride going nowhere.

36. bon says:

I don’t like Dan and Blair and have officially quit GG because of it. Chuck and Blair are the only reason to watch this trashy show, Now I have no reason. Thank you for freeing up my Monday nights.

37. p-lease says:

God, I hate Savage!!! Everything that comes out from her mouth’s shit!!! I hate her!!! To me, it always seems like she has no idea what she’s talking about or how to write in that matter…

Dan and Blair? Seriously? Give me a break!

38. brandy says:

Love Dan and Blair! Chuck and Blair are gross.

• bon says:

That’s exactly how I feel about Dan and Blair. Chuck and Blair rule this show and in the end I know they’ll get back together. Enjoy DB’s 15 minutes. It’s all they have.

39. Natalia says:

wow, you really have no life do you? To post that many comments about how much you hate a fictional couple that hasn’t even happened and on top of all that it’s just a show…seriously get a life and stop being so miserable.

• Meg says:

Hi pot, meet kettle. Your just as pathetic gushing over one ,honey.

• Natalia says:

i’m just as pathetic? I think not, i’m not a sad person hating on something thats entertainment…i’m enjoying it! IEven though I don’t like Chair i dont go on the internet and complain about them…I go on to talk about what i like, not hate. Why waste you’re time hating,,, But I guess thats just me.

• Jenna says:

Just because others don’t line up with your opinion doesn’t mean you get to dictate how another feels. Everyone has opinions. Let them have them and move on. You fighting about someone else’s opinion on a message board is dumb. Disagree but they have a right to not like something you like.

• Jenna says:

Also, you are making yourself look more pathetic the more you fight with people. Let them have their opinions, it’s a free country.

• Crystal says:

That’s pretty hypocritical, Natalia. Your question you really have no life, do you can be asked too you because your bashing a real person for bashing a fictional couple even though like you said it’s just a show. If people need to get a life for posting how they hate a fictional couple than the same also applies to fans who post on message boards expressing their like or love.

It never fails to amuse though when someone takes the time out fo their life to tell a stranger on the internet too get a life, I always wonder if they see the irony in their insult.

40. Lauren says:

I am excited about seeing more Dan and Blair interaction. They definitely have chemistry, though I am not completely sold on them having romantic chemistry. I am curious to see if it can have a good build up to them possibly being a couple. I agree with some others who feel this has bern the best season since season one. I am looking forward to the rest of the episodes. It sounds like a lot of interesting storylines. Glad to have the new site!

41. Jenna says:

Dan and Blair bore me to tears. very contrived.

42. D says:

BRING ON THE DAIR! So excited…

As for fickle, no one is more fickle than Chuck. I am glad Blair is going to get to do more than be his unloved slave. The acting is great in the DB thus far, the writing is good…

They can put the pimp with other characters/guest stars and people can self insert there. Why keep torturing Blair? Chuck acts like he hates her. Remember his speech to Eva? He’d never sell her.

Honestly, this is the best thing that could happen. Everyone can be happy. Chuck won’t have to be tied down or maybe he could fall in love with someone else and Blair and Dan are adorable. When DS get back together, maybe they can add a new guy for Blair.

• Jenna says:

Chuck didn’t fall in love or have feelings for three mains in one season. Please get your facts straight. Plus, I heard Nate ends up with Raina. Read spoilers and you might get up to date. Dan and Blair are just annoying. My poor Blair having to be around that is terrible. i hope she never talks to him after this junk,

• D says:

I know. I bet Chuck cries and pines over Raina too. Chuck falls for everyone he talks to, and is smitten. It’s only Blair he acts like he hates. Even Nate isn’t as fickle as Chuck.

I don’t even think DB is meant to be or anything (I ship DS mainly) but boy, Blair deserves better than what she’s gotten and if Dan gives it to her (or is frankly even nice to her), that’s going to be really nice to watch. Seeing as Chuck can’t even bother to be his friend and falls for another girl (oh and I hear he REALLY falls for her, so don’t think this is going to show how much your precious Chuck cares about Blair).

“My poor Blair?” Spare me that hypocrisy, thanks. Where was this sympathy when Blair was being pimped, vilified, mocked, and ignored by him. Do you even listen to yourself?

You should be happy. Chuck can be free now from horrible Blair.

• Meg says:

Uh, huh, you just keep thinking that. CB are the OTP. We’ll see what happens by the end of the season. Trust me, it won’t be DB. The Prince is coming back- you have an expiration sticker already.

• D says:

I am a DS shipper. Can’t you read? I just like Dan and Blair. They are fun.

The prince is coming back? Cool.

• jen says:

well, if he loves her with “all his heart”, i think that’s saying a lot about how he feels about any other girl he’s been with. and he doesn’t just say this stuff like guys do, he was terrified to say ILY for a whole year, so..

• D says:

Was that like selling her to Jack was ‘nothing he’d consider?’ Chuck lies. Watch the acting. Watch how he looked at Eva compared to how he looked at Blair. I’m sure it will be the same with the new girlfriend.

• eths says:

Chuck never said “I love you” to anyOne other than Blair. He was completely delusional with Eva. If he loved Eva sooo much his ass will be in Paris right after she left. The “white” war with Blair was just an excuse to be in her life again. Oo CB are so crazy, I love THEM! :p

• PLEASE says:

People like pretending they’re showing something from a character they are not. Evidently they aren’t watching the same thing.

43. D says:

Are you guys serious with the Blair would never do this, this is the worst blabla?

Chuck sold her to a rapist. The end.

Nothing is worse than Chair or ever could be.

• Vannessa says:

hahaha yeah she became chuck’s whore!

ANYONE is better than chuck

• Meg says:

Well, she’ll end up with Chuck so you might want to invest in anpther show.

• D says:

WORD!!!!!

Blair and Dan are fun. I’d rather watch them for a few eps than more of Blair crying over Chuck.

• bon says:

Blair hasn’t cries over Chuck lately. She’ actually been having great sex with him, so I don’t understand where you are getting the victim aspect here.

• D says:

Did you even watch season 3 or the beginning of this season or even season 2? All she does is cry over him or forgive him for no reason so he can hurt her again.

I’m sure she’ll be back to crying over him soon enough. Until then, I’m going to love Dan and Blair! Why don’t you just watch Chuck and his new gf and leave us to it.

• Jenna says:

You’re right. And again, D, she didn’t cry all of season 3 – did you watch. She and Chuck were happy most of the time. People forget that and this season we ended with her saying she loved him and wedding anvils dropped everywhere. You might want to pay more attention yourself.

• eths says:

What chuck did was awful no question but he didn’t have any Point of view. This is what I called “throw a character in the trash” just for the drama. Besides, Jack is not a rapist he never rape anyOne!! Blair slept with him in S2 if I remember correctly.

• D says:

He tried to rape Lily. Remember, Chuck stopped that? So if anyone knows what a rapist he is, it’s Chuck.

• Jenna says:

Chuck didn’t rape anyone. Get your facts straight, please.

• D says:

Man, are all of you the same person or can NONE of you read? Jack tried to rape Lily. I was talking about Jack.

Uh, and Chuck has certainly forced himself on at least 2 mains in the past but that wasn’t even what I was talking about.

• eths says:

Jack was completely hight that day. What did he say to Blair in 3X17? “Unlike what people think, I prefer actually have sex with womens who wants it aswell.” (something like that) He stopped the deal. I don’t think he is a monster just an pathetic Ahole obsessed with his 19 years’s old newphew. And he is coming back aswell soon. So I hope Chuck will finally kick his ass this time!

44. Meg says:

What the hell does that have to do with anything???? We just don’t want Blair ruined for stupid Dan humpty dumpty

• Vannessa says:

like you care about blair puhleaze. DB have amazing chemistry if you cared about blair nobody would want her to be chucks whore he abuses!!

• Meg says:

CB have WAY more, which is why most still ship them. And Blair’s my favorite character, so I have no clue where you get the arrogance to tell me what I like and what I don’t. And I don’t like Dan- it’s called having an opinion.

• Jenna says:

I think just because someone doesn’t like Dan and Blair doesn’t mean they hate Blair. They simply like her more with Chuck, that’s their right to do so. Accept it, it’s their opinion. I love Blair , Chuck and CB, you don’t and that’s fine, but stop trying to force other opinions or presumptions you have on people.

45. E says:

LOL, this woman is a complete joke. She and Schwartz also tried saying that the Chuck/Jenny sex had been planned since the pilot. I smell bullcrap. These are all just excuses for poor writing and lack of creativity/originality in the writer’s room. Even Meester said she thinks pairing Dan and Blair is “sacrilegious.” And honestly, this chemistry between Meester and Badgley you’re gushing about? I don’t see it at all. I don’t feel it. Everything seems forced between them. I think people are seeing things that aren’t really there because they’re still clinging on to this failboat and are looking for a reason, any reason to keep doing so. It’s sad that this woman is still calling the shots.

46. bon says:

Many still like Chair, so I don’t see them going anywhere except to one another. I’ll watch again when that happens.

• eths says:

Ita. Don’t forget the Ring! It have to reappear in the last episode of the season. ;D
      Louis will give Blair her shoe back and Chuck will give her the ring! What will she choose?? Dan&Blair is just an excuse for the Blair&Serena fight of the season. I just will turn off my TV until The DB fiasco is over ;)

• Jenna says:

I’m afraid I’m at that point. Blair with Dan is just too disgusting for words for me. I hope Dbers enjoy them and all, but it’s not something I will enjoy as a Blair or Chuck and Blair fan.

47. vanessa says:

AAAAAAAAAA THANK YOU, writers :’D I’ve been waiting for Dan/Blair for so much timeeeeeee! I LOVE them and their CHEMISTRY :’) so happy!

48. Jenna says:

D, the DS shipper, I’d be careful what you wish for. If any couple is about to be thrown under the bus, it’s DS. If Dan has feelings for Blair he looks wishy washy and his “true love” for Serena goes down teh tube/s Be careful what you wish for.

• D says:

DS will be fine. I’m not worried and neither are other DS shippers.

I understand how our views on love are different though since you apparently don’t get why pimping your girlfriend out or declaring a war on her is a problem…but I think DS will come through this fine.

At least Dan doesn’t try to elope with the nearest prostitute every five minutes. He had a complicated relationship with his best friend, but he’s always been about Serena. Have you even seen how cold Chuck is to Blair? That’s not the look of love.

• Jenna says:

Wow, that was rude. DS will suffer because now Dan will have feelings for Blair and cause a SB fight. If you don’t get how Serena will feel, then I’m not sure you get Serena. If you think it’s okay for Dan to lust after and have feelings for Blair, I feel bad for you. You simply don’t get out of all the ships,DS takes the biggest hit.

And Chuck didn’t elope with a prostitute. I guess you don’y really watch the show that well. Clearly Cb still love one another. that’s actually IN the show. And Chuck and Blair showed how much they love each other and told each other they loves the other a few episodes ago. Are you behind or are you not listening and watching?

• D says:

Elle and Eva…two women he tried to run away who were both prostitutes. Maybe this new one won’t be and she and Chuck can be OTP. At least in that one, the P won’t stand for PIMP.

I have been watching the show. The last two episodes have been WAY better and the critics think so too. I thought the Chair scenes were terrible and that fate thing was ridiculous. Chuck looks like Blair annoys him most of the time. He looked more in love with Jenny.

This whole thing is written to be about DS. Dan is pining over her and she leaves for another guy, Blair is probably going to pine over Chuck some more and Chuck’s fighting Nate for another girl. Serena and Dan just had the whole romantic episode where he SAVED her. It’s a little better than selling her.

• Meg says:

Uhm, get your facts straight. The media has complimented MOST episodes this season- read ALL the reviews. DB got two reviews as a couple the rest said GROSS to it. READ please. And, CB is the OTP. Read interviews over the past years. DS isn’t that popular, crap, NS kcik their butts.And you are DELUSIONAL if you think Chuck has looked more in love with Jenny/ Delusional. You clearly haven’t been watching if you don’t think Chuck and Blair love each other. Please go sell that to your DS friends.What a joke.

49. Kasabian says:

Dan/Blair remind me of Seth/Summer and Pacey/Joey. Y’all know how the stories ended ;-)

50. Jenna says:

Also, season 3 Dan could have cared less for Serena, when even apart, I can tell CB still love each other.