Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: Meet The Cape's Real Caped Crusader

The Cape, NBC’s much anticipated new action-drama premiering this Sunday at 9/8c, tells the story of Vince Faraday (played by David Lyons), a lawman who, when framed for a series of crimes and then left for dead, decides to fight back and reclaim his life and family. To that end, he adopts the persona of his son Tripp’s favorite comic book hero.

But what’s the story with the “real” man who calls himself “The Cape” within the pages of Tripp’s stash? NBC.com will unravel that mystery through a series of digital comic books. The first issue goes online this Thursday, but TVLine has secured a first look at the cover and first page.

Click on these images for larger versions:

The “Cape” comic book series revolves around a different would-be hero taking justice into his own hands for reasons different than Faraday’s, and facing off against other villains. Designed by Alex Maleev and with interior art by Michael Gaydos, a new issue of “The Cape” will hit NBC.com each month.

Will you be checking out NBC’s The Cape this Sunday? It then claims its regular Mondays-at-9 time slot starting January 17.

1. Will says:

I’ll watch the first episode just to give it a try, but I probably won’t be watch much longer after that.

2. raelee514 says:

Damn I was hoping this be about Summer Glau.

3. Scott says:

Didn’t Heroes do this exact same thing but on a weekly basis?

And to agree with raelee514, many people are going to be watching this for Summer Glau and if she’s not a big part of the show, I don’t see these people – me included – sticking around long after the pilot.

• jeremy says:

You’re about Summer Glau involvement in the show.

Thomas Wheeler (creator and executive producer of the show) :”the character of Orwell (played by Summer Glau) is one of my favorites because she’s sort of this mystery box. There’s a lot in her background sort of to be revealed. She is this almost an alias like character. She plays a lot of different characters.”
      Other Quote : “Summer is just doing terrific. There’s big plans for her character. She’s not just sort of behind the computer all the time.”

• jeremy says:

This is true that there is not much screen-time for Summer Glau in the two hours pilot, but you have to understand that the pilot introduces the story and the training of the Cape.
      Have you seen the trailers and the promos of the serie : Summer Glau and David Lyons are clearly the promo faces for the show and Summer is not there only for fan service.

• jeremy says:

Latest news from Thomas Wheeler (Creator and executive producer) : “So let me give you a snapshot of where we stand in production: we are in the middle of shooting episode 8, the 2nd part of a wild 2-parter with an amazing guest cast that includes Glen Fitzgerald, Ileanna Douglas and Tom Noonan of X-Files fame, a story arc that has shocking revelations and long lasting implications for our dear Miss Orwell. “

4. Asaph says:

The only summer I care about is the one I miss and look forward to every year when the mercury drops under 70. As far as this show goes, I am very much looking forward to it. I am a bit biased that I want to have a superhero show. I was disappointed we lost Heroes, but The Cape made me feel like there was a better replacement coming. Then I realized it wasn’t for quite a while and started crying at the writing for No Ordinary Family. I am hoping The Cape will be as colorful as it appears so far and the writing won’t be insulting like a Disney program.

5. Is it really “much anticipated?” I’ll be surprised if it makes it past episode 4, even with the sublime Summer Glau.

6. Joe says:

Lessee….it will on NBC, right? So, it will be mediocre for a couple of episodes and will quickly start to s**k and end up getting canned.

Then again, so do Chuck/The Office/Parks & Recreations/Community/Outsourced and all these t***s still around.

Thank for your outstanding leadership, Jeff Zucker.