Gossip Girl Exclusive: Lily's Sister Returns!

One of the remnants of Gossip Girl‘s ill-fated ’80s based prequel series is about to surface on the Upper East Side.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Illeana Douglas (Ghost World, Ugly Betty, Six Feet Under) has been cast in the potentially recurring role of Lily’s older sister Carol.

Krysten Ritter originated the character in the season 2 flashback episode, which also served as a backdoor pilot for the DOA spinoff.

Douglas is slated to debut in early April and, according to a Gossip Girl insider, she won’t be coming to town alone. (Cue dramatic sound effect.)

Tags:

Comments (12)

• What is the DOA spinoff??

Comment by Francie – January 4, 2011 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DOA is dead on arrival.

Comment by Darius – January 4, 2011 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!! Finally

Comment by aly – January 4, 2011 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to see want Aunt Carol brings. We’ve heard about her since the pilot, it’s about time she’s back.

Comment by Darius – January 4, 2011 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, that’s supposed to be what*

Comment by Darius – January 4, 2011 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uhm….is she bringing William Baldwin with him? As in Lilly’s ex? That’s what I’m thinking and I can’t imagine that going smoothly.

Comment by Josh – January 4, 2011 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes can’t wait for what aunt carol’s bringing!!

Comment by bobby – January 4, 2011 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cue dramatic sound effect —- LOL

Comment by Marc C. – January 4, 2011 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet that it has to do with chucks uncle… just a teaser!

Comment by xoxo gossip girl – January 5, 2011 12:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay your tweet about this totally freak me out for a moment lol
    Sounds interesting. This season of GG has been really good…at least so far.

Comment by Charlie – January 5, 2011 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can totally see her as an older Krysten Ritter, awesome casting.

Comment by irg19 – January 5, 2011 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

Comment by Shiela Rende – February 8, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post