Exclusive: Bones Spinoff Episode Pushed Back

The “planted spin-off” episode of Bones has has been delayed — I can feel it in my, um, bones. Sources confirm to me exclusively that production on the special episode that would introduce the offshoot’s central figure has been bumped from to December to February/March.

A Fox rep declined to comment, but a source close to the show says the decision was made for creative reasons. The episode is now expected to air in the spring.

As previously reported, the potential offshoot would revolve around the main character in Walter Sherman’s Locator novels; he’s basically a recluse who can find anything.

Casting for the plum part is currently underway.

This story originally appeared on Movieline.com.

1. Soraya says:

To bad it got pushed back…

2. Dr. Bombay says:

It has to be better than the episode that introduced The Finder….that was one of the worst hours of TV I’ve seen in a long time….

• Dr. Bombay says:

Oh wait…just saw the date of this…so this was about The Finder? Weird it showed up on my Facebook timeline today….

3. Calla Lilly says:

Didn’t they already do that with The Finder and it JUST got cancelled?

4. Jessica says:

How in the world did this get republished? I was so confused at first, until I looked at the published date – November 8, 2010 05:20 PM PDT.

5. Angie says:

This article just got linked on fb… think there was technical glitch! Makes me sad as I really got into The Finder, and now it’s been cancelled. :(

• Amy says:

Same here! I was suddenly hopeful that The Finder wasn’t getting cancelled after all. Loved that show! :(

6. lordsebastianflyte says:

why on earth did this article pop up in my google reader just now? a bit late to the party..

7. TV Gord says:

I think it will take the place of Bone while Emily is on mat-leave, but then it will be shifted to Fridays where it will langish until it’s cancelled in May 2012. Too bad, it sounds like a good idea for a show. ;-)

8. majiklmoon says:

Um -wasn’t that what The Finder was all about?

9. greysfan says:

Was about to say another spinoff from Bones but then realised the date. Why is it appearing on Facebook now?

10. Joe says:

He can find anything………but ratings.

11. I was thinking, “Why would they do another spinoff after Finder just crashed?” and then I saw the date.

Would be nice if Fox gave Hart Hanson air time for a movie to wrap things up with. A triple cliffhanger is no fun. Plus, they need to push Uncle Shadrack and the writers responsible for the Romani plotlines off the cliff. Not only is he a you-know-what of the worst kinds, but the rest of his clan would’ve kicked his rear end out of the leadership a century ago!